Author Topic: 5 Takeaways From The Miami GOP Debate  (Read 401 times)

cuky

5 Takeaways From The Miami GOP Debate
« on: March 11, 2016, 07:26:58 am »
5 Takeaways From The Miami GOP Debate
Jay Caruso

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/03/10/5-takeaways-miami-gop-debate/

1. Rubio had a terrific debate – I said earlier today it was critical Rubio have a great debate. And he delivered. There is not a person on the stage that can articulate policy better than Marco Rubio. It’s not even close. He didn’t have to insult Donald Trump. He just made Trump look silly on a range of issues no more so than with Cuba.

2. Donald Trump is a complete moron – Sorry but I am not sorry. In watching him it was obvious he has no clue on trade, no clue how Common Core works, no clue on how to deal with Social Security and no clue on foreign policy. He called the pro-democracy protests in Tiananmen Square, “riots” for crying out loud. He said his credentials for being better on matters regarding Israel was that he was a grand marshall at a parade. Really?

3. Ted Cruz made Donald Trump his target as he needed to – Ted Cruz knows he has to get ahead of Donald Trump. Cruz didn’t say a word about Marco Rubio or John Kasich but continued to draw a clear distinction between himself and Trump. And he did it very well. He continued to remind people how Trump supported Democrats in the past and how many of his positions currently, are not that different from Hillary Clinton.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: 5 Takeaways From The Miami GOP Debate
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »
So glad we had a debate rather than an attack going on between Little Marco and Big D.  One thing that I took away from the debate; Trump won't touch social security and figures that he'll make the economy so great that there won't be a need to take care of the failing system.  Cruz and Rubio will not touch social security to those already on it or about to retire; but they will up the retirement age for eligibility.  This issue may have sunk Rubio -- FL has a huge senior population.  Though I am in agreement we need to mend social security and other programs -- he should have emphasize he will not take social security away period. 

Cruz had his best debate performance so far.  Throughout the debate he mentioned what he would do as president and specifically laid out his plan(s) to do them. 

Trump had his worst debate. There were a couple of questions that he seemed to give answers that had nothing to do with the question.  It was apparent to me last night that he really has no clear plan, he just keeps proclaiming he'll make America great -- doesn't say how, just that he'll do it. 

Kasich was just Kasich; flailing his hands and repeating how well he has governed OH.

Rubio's debate was ok, but I don't think was enough to help him win FL. 

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.