Author Topic: AP: Republican Leaders Starting to See Ted Cruz as Best Anti-Trump Alternative  (Read 9149 times)

Bill Cipher

Cruz is a politician. He's part and parcel of the system. The GOP has done nothing visible to halt the ever increasing national debt.

Trump, warts and all, has never been a lawmaker/politician, either elected or selected.

:silly:  Boy does Trump have you buffaloed.  How do you think you navigate the crony capitalism that reins in New York, especially in New York City?  You become a politician, and Trump is one of the preeminent practitioners of the black arts of crony capitalist politics.

A-Lert

:silly:  Boy does Trump have you buffaloed.  How do you think you navigate the crony capitalism that reins in New York, especially in New York City?  You become a politician, and Trump is one of the preeminent practitioners of the black arts of crony capitalist politics.

You have to be smart and aggressive to be successful. The anti-Trump fear intelligence, aggressiveness and success.

Bill Cipher

You have to be smart and aggressive to be successful. The anti-Trump fear intelligence, aggressiveness and success.

:silly:  Yeah.  That's why we actually take the time to investigate Trump's past and ask questions about why his record is so utterly irreconcilable with his current rhetoric.  What we fear is someone drunk on power who isn't held to any degree of accountability, and who is supported by a cult of personality.  What we especially fear are the once-normal people, people just like us, who drink the cool-aid and join the cult.  People about whom the cult-god himself can say that he can tell them anything and they'll believe him.

Offline musiclady

I guess then we should start referring to him as President Trump.

The "whole lotta people" he's fooling are a minority of Republican primary voters.

Trump has enormous negatives because he is an enormously negative human being.  His misogyny will not get him a single woman's vote more than the ones he currently has buffaloed.

He will LOSE to Hillary, so even if the nightmare scenario comes true that he gets the nomination, he will NEVER be President.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

The "whole lotta people" he's fooling are a minority of Republican primary voters.

Trump has enormous negatives because he is an enormously negative human being.  His misogyny will not get him a single woman's vote more than the ones he currently has buffaloed.

He will LOSE to Hillary, so even if the nightmare scenario comes true that he gets the nomination, he will NEVER be President.

A lot of this is because Trump defines himself - and thus his supporters - in the negative, by what he hates, by what he doesn't like, by what he wants to get rid of, by whom he hates and whom he wants to get rid of.  He hates immigrants, legal or illegal, he wants to get rid of hispanics, he wants to wall the country off from the rest of the world, he hates China and Mexico and wants to start trade wars with them.

The contrast with someone like Reagan couldn't be more dramatic.

A-Lert

:silly:  Yeah.  That's why we actually take the time to investigate Trump's past and ask questions about why his record is so utterly irreconcilable with his current rhetoric.  What we fear is someone drunk on power who isn't held to any degree of accountability, and who is supported by a cult of personality.  What we especially fear are the once-normal people, people just like us, who drink the cool-aid and join the cult.  People about whom the cult-god himself can say that he can tell them anything and they'll believe him.

The insults only prove how fearful the anti-Trump are of change. Why bother to make America great again. You prefer the status quo.

Offline musiclady

The insults only prove how fearful the anti-Trump are of change. Why bother to make America great again. You prefer the status quo.

That is a meaningless non-sequitur......... and completely false.

The idea that people who don't want Trump don't want change is ludicrous at best, and completely deluded.

Electing Ted Cruz will be change.  Electing Donald Trump will be more of the same political corruption that's been in charge of Washington for a decade.

If you want CHANGE, DON'T vote for Trump.  He's a pathological liar, a charlatan, and as phony as the summer days are long.

We're not afraid of change, but we want the change to be moving back toward the Constitution, not careening further away from it, as will happen with a Trump presidency......... God forbid.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

A-Lert

That is a meaningless non-sequitur......... and completely false.

The idea that people who don't want Trump don't want change is ludicrous at best, and completely deluded.

Electing Ted Cruz will be change.  Electing Donald Trump will be more of the same political corruption that's been in charge of Washington for a decade.

If you want CHANGE, DON'T vote for Trump.  He's a pathological liar, a charlatan, and as phony as the summer days are long.

We're not afraid of change, but we want the change to be moving back toward the Constitution, not careening further away from it, as will happen with a Trump presidency......... God forbid.

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Every US Senator and Congressman is part of the problem. Trump didn't get us $18 trillion in debt. He hasn't allowed 20million illegals into the co0untry and the river of illegal drugs. Those in office now are responsible. I'm sick of the status quo.

Insulting Trump and those who support him is shameful and devisive..

Offline musiclady

You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Every US Senator and Congressman is part of the problem. Trump didn't get us $18 trillion in debt. He hasn't allowed 20million illegals into the co0untry and the river of illegal drugs. Those in office now are responsible. I'm sick of the status quo.

Insulting Trump is shameful???    :silly:  :silly:  :silly:

I hate to break it to you buddy, but a vote for Trump IS a vote for the status quo............. or worse.

The only candidate with a chance to win who is seriously going to change things for the better is Ted Cruz.

Trump is just going to do his crony capitalist thing, and that ain't better than what we've got....... it's more of the same corruption, and less of the Constitution.

Offline musiclady

Donald Trump is part of the problem......... and none of the solution.

Good night, lert.  Luck in your dreams.......

Bill Cipher

Says the poster who always leads with the insult when it comes to those of us who'd prefer to stay away from personality cults.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I love it when a plan comes together.

Yeah only after their Rubio plan fell through.  But I am not complaining!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The 

And once in power,  Trump says he'll change the law to cripple the press that would insult him  (and that includes the owners of message boards whose members oppose him). 

What's a shame is that you refuse to see how truly dangerous this man is.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

Says the poster who always leads with the insult when it comes to those of us who'd prefer to stay away from personality cults.

Where is the insult? Imagining things again?

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

A-Lert

And once in power,  Trump says he'll change the law to cripple the press that would insult him  (and that includes the owners of message boards whose members oppose him). 

You believe everything you hear or read?

Well this is a fact, it actually occurred;

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

True, he won't tolerate anyone speaking negative of him.  He is a narcissist.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You believe everything you hear or read?

Trump said it.  So you're implying I'm stupid for believing he means what he says?

The Trumpsters think this election is a reality show.

A-Lert

True, he won't tolerate anyone speaking negative of him.  He is a narcissist.

What do you think he'll do to "them"?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

What do you think he'll do to "them"?

What he said he'd do.  "Open up the libel laws"  so the press can be sued for treating him "unfairly".

This is what amazes me about Trump supporters - Trump himself treats them as if they're stupid, and they just don't want to see it.

Online Lando Lincoln

2/26/16 - “One of the things I’m gonna do, and this is only gonna make it tougher for me, and I’ve never said this before, but one of the things I’m gonna do if I win… is I’m gonna open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We’re gonna open up those libel laws.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-c_CvNhQsQ
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

A-Lert

What he said he'd do.  "Open up the libel laws"  so the press can be sued for treating him "unfairly".

This is what amazes me about Trump supporters - Trump himself treats them as if they're stupid, and they just don't want to see it.

I deal in facts. You should try it.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/271031-trump-defends-loosening-libel-laws-not-releasing-tax-return

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Saturday defended some of his recent controversial statements, insisting he’s right to want to change libel laws and promising there is no ‘bombshell’ in his unreleased tax returns.

Trump told “Fox and Friends” that media outlets such as the New York Times are treating him unfairly on purpose.

“Every editorial is a hit piece,” he said. “I think it’s a disgrace. They know it’s wrong.”

The business mogul had said during a Friday rally that he wants to change libel laws so that when a publication writes “purposely negative and horrible, false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”

Asked about those statements on Saturday, Trump said he was not seeking to alter the First Amendment right to freedom of the press.

“I love free press, I think it’s great,” he said.

“What I said is we aught to open up the libel laws, and we’re gonna do it,” he added.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A lot of this is because Trump defines himself - and thus his supporters - in the negative, by what he hates, by what he doesn't like, by what he wants to get rid of, by whom he hates and whom he wants to get rid of.  He hates immigrants, legal or illegal, he wants to get rid of hispanics, he wants to wall the country off from the rest of the world, he hates China and Mexico and wants to start trade wars with them.

The contrast with someone like Reagan couldn't be more dramatic.

Then you missed the part when Reagan called the USSR an evil empire, and called upon Gorby to tear down the wall ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

He even says they are stupid.  He says he loves the uneducated.

People should realize that is the way Trump survives by suing people.

A-Lert

He even says they are stupid.  He says he loves the uneducated.

People should realize that is the way Trump survives by suing people.

Any more inaccurate accusations to add?