Author Topic: Trump Flack Jeffrey Lord Calls the Military “The Establishment”  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/03/05/trump-flack-jeffrey-lord-calls-military-establishment-video/

Just now on CNN, they showed a video of Donald Trump blasting military leaders who have pushed back on the idea that they would follow any illegal orders he issued. They played a clip and then host Chris Cuomo asked Jeffrey Lord if going after the military and calling them “babies” (his exact words) was a smart political play. Lord’s response must be seen to be believed:

[Trump speech clip plays]

Cuomo: Jeffrey, he’s talking about the Geneva Conventions.

[crosstalk]

Cuomo: We know what he’s doing here. It works with the crowd. Is this dangerous for him given this new observation of where he is on policy, whether he understands what it is to be commander-in-chief, all these military people getting nervous about him giving illegal orders, is this the right move?

Jeffrey Lord: I.. I don’t think that he makes a mistake, politically speaking, that he makes a mistake when he does this. Because he’s talking to his base, and he’s energizing his base, and all the points you just cited – good folks, I’m sure, and certainly they have a point, but they are in this context, “the establishment,” they are “the elites.”

Cuomo: Military command??!

[crosstalk]

Jeffrey Lord: The… sure! Leaders of the military are part of the establishment, are they not?

“The establishment” now is clearly a stupid, meaningless word that is used to describe “people who disagree with Trump.”
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:14:19 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Flack Jeffrey Lord Calls the Military “The Establishment”
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 01:24:05 am »
“The establishment” now is clearly a stupid, meaningless word that is used to describe “people who disagree with Trump.”

Of course. Trump's supporters excuse ANYTHING he says or does, even if it's clearly ridiculous, illegal, or immoral. They would give no other human being the pass they give this privileged Democrat.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 01:36:45 am »
When I was a girl the "establishment" were normal, law biding, God fearing people who worked for a living.  The "anti-establishment" were the draft card and flag burners.  They were the ones who spit on service men and women returning from Viet Nam and called them baby killers.  They were the drug taking, free loving swine that spawned today's liberals.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 01:47:55 am »
LOL How right you are. This badge of the establishment that replaced RINO is nonsense IMHO. but, it does get the people riled up.

That "establishment" hooey does not get me riled up.  If you want to complain and call the GOP names why not GOPc for complacent?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 01:48:28 am »
LOL How right you are. This badge of the establishment that replaced RINO is nonsense IMHO. but, it does get the people riled up.

First person I heard with this stuff was Rush. It was Rino to describe someone like Susan Colins and Olympia Snowe, who truly are Democrats who happen to be Republicans. Lindsey Graham too.

Then it morphed into GOP-e, which described into people like McConnell and Boehner, who were not 100% conservative but were the leaders of the party and Rush went after them.

Now it's "the establishment" and this means anyone but Trump, basically.

A new one I've heard is "Uniparty".

I stopped listening to Rush. Can't stand that idiot anymore.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 02:20:17 am »
Stopped listening to Rush when he became a Trump fan-boi.  Hannity too.  Hannity's insufferable in his support for Trump.

As you say, "establishment" is now anyone opposed to Trump.

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 02:32:28 am »
I've been trying to "flesh out" with exactly how far Trumpsters would go with killing terrorist families. Just asked a guy on another forum if he's ok with killing terrorist families, answer was "yes". Just asked him if he'd be ok with killing terrorist's children. I'm sorta afraid to find out the answer.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:32:57 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 02:44:05 am »
Stopped listening to Rush when he became a Trump fan-boi.  Hannity too.  Hannity's insufferable in his support for Trump.

As you say, "establishment" is now anyone opposed to Trump.

You were right about Rush, but over the last few weeks he is No longer pushing Trump. Quite the opposite. I think it was the  debate before last when he first had the meltdown that did it. Others seemed to have woken up with this latest debate. Peoples eyes are starting to open.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 02:47:33 am »
The military is the sword of the government.

If the government is a just with, bearing high moral ground, and commanding the respect of it's subordinates - then there is success in every quarter.

However, if the subordinates, after decades of realization that they are nothing more than the tool of slothful masters in pursuit of sordid gain finally come to that reality - then there is rebellion in every quarter.

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 02:48:29 am »
You were right about Rush, but over the last few weeks he is No longer pushing Trump. Quite the opposite. I think it was the  debate before last when he first had the meltdown that did it. Others seemed to have woken up with this latest debate. Peoples eyes are starting to open.

Trump is Rush's Frankenstein monster. His followers use all of Rush's terminology. It's beyond his control now, unless Rush comes out hard against Trump. Which would make him look stupid.

I heard him defend Trump in the dumbest way imaginable, something like Trump loves freedom and liberty because he runs his own business. Really stupid.

IMO it's beyond his control now and will probably take down the entire party and give us President hillary.

Which will help his ratings won't it? Hmmm...

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 02:53:03 am »
"...IMO it's beyond his control now and will probably take down the entire party and give us President hillary."

Isn't that the point -- to give us President Hillary?  Everyone knows she is running a weak campaign.  Trump is acting super obnoxious and asinine to make her look good.  He is turning off a lot of people with his antics. Trump is in it so his friend the Hildebeast can win it.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 02:57:22 am »
"...IMO it's beyond his control now and will probably take down the entire party and give us President hillary."

Isn't that the point -- to give us President Hillary?  Everyone knows she is running a weak campaign.  Trump is acting super obnoxious and asinine to make her look good.  He is turning off a lot of people with his antics. Trump is in it so his friend the Hildebeast can win it.

==================================

KENTUCKY RACE

TRUMP 38%

CRUZ 32%

RUBIO 14%

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 02:59:34 am »
Nice numbers but does that include the dead voters the Democrats are going to conjure up for the election?

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 05:16:35 am »
Wow for an ex soldier you are wonderfully ingnorant of how the Pentagon works. By the time you are Capt you got to be a little political. To make General you are almost wholly political. It gets worse after that 1st Star

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 05:18:13 am »

I'm in agreement with you. Rush has toned down the irrational stuff about Trump. His argument was basically that he golfed with him so he is OK. Utter bullshit.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 05:20:49 am »
Wow for an ex soldier you are wonderfully ingnorant of how the Pentagon works. By the time you are Capt you got to be a little political. To make General you are almost wholly political. It gets worse after that 1st Star

That may be true but "Establishment" has a bad ring to it these days. It is certainly a dis by Lord.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 05:22:49 am »
Got it Frank, just easier for you to keep squealing in emotional hysteric about a topic you know nothing about then learn anything.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 05:30:39 am »
Got it Frank, just easier for you to keep squealing in emotional hysteric about a topic you know nothing about then learn anything.

You're a hoot Johnnie.  You have a seven word vocabulary:  emotional, hysteric, rational, reason, logic, know nothing, stupid, .   We've heard this crap over and over and over.

Denigrating other posters is your specialty.  If I did what you do on a daily basis, I'd be banned.  Maybe you get a handicapped exemption.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 05:31:40 am »
Oh please sink. Anyone who has read 1 minute of your posting knows just how utterly clueless you are.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 05:32:07 am »

Hysterical uh? Well teach me something useful then. I am crying into my potroast before my husband comes home from work, dying for your biting acumen.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 05:37:41 am »
Oh please sink. Anyone who has read 1 minute of your posting knows just how utterly clueless you are.

Maybe when I'm geriatric like you, I'll be smarter.

HonestJohn

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 06:41:26 am »