Author Topic: National Review Makes Bombshell Announcement… What They’ll Do If Trump Gets the Nomination  (Read 3934 times)

HAPPY2BME

In typical establishment fashion, National Review editor Rich Lowry has announced that the conservative magazine is prepared to burn the house down to spite Donald Trump if he receives the Republican nomination.

When Lowry appeared on Fox News with host Howie Kurtz, Kurtz asked him,

“I understand the National Review represents a collective decision but you also appear on television and give your own opinions… Bill Kristol, for example, yet of the Weekly Standard, says there’s no way he could support Trump and he would actually support someone running from the right as part of a third party. Could you see yourself going there?”

Lowry responded, “Again, it totally depends. We need to see the way Trump runs and how this field breaks out. It’s a very odd year. There may be a third or fourth candidate in this race and if there’s someone close to what we really believe, that’s going to be very tempting for us.”

What do you think of the possibility of the establishment breaking off to support a third party candidate in the event of a Trump nomination?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZicKqEhB1WU

http://rightwise.com/news/national-review-makes-bombshell-announcement-theyll-trump-gets-nomination/

HAPPY2BME

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Good old NR.  Bill Buckley would be proud.  It's been too long - I just signed up for a subscription.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Carling

Good old NR.  Bill Buckley would be proud.  It's been too long - I just signed up for a subscription.

Yes Bill Buckley would love you voting for HRC and the GOP siding with Democrats on the Omnibus Bill last December.

If you are a "conservative," then I'll gladly disassociate myself from the current "conservative" movement.   :seeya:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Frank Cannon

Hate Trumps voters that much do you? You are aware that term "Neocons" refers to those who were/are disaffected Rats who moved to the Right on issues, much like the folks Trump brags about that are supporting him today.

(BTW, it is also a derogatory code word usually aimed at bashing Jews, but I know you are certainly not doing that.)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yes Bill Buckley would love you voting for HRC and the GOP siding with Democrats on the Omnibus Bill last December.

If you are a "conservative," then I'll gladly disassociate myself from the current "conservative" movement.   :seeya:

I am against bigotry.  I am against demagoguery.  I am against the debasement of the office of the Presidency.   I guess you're right, Carling -  both of us can't possibly be conservatives.     :seeya:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:20:08 am by Jazzhead »

HAPPY2BME

You are aware that term "Neocons" refers to those who were/are disaffected Rats who moved to the Right on issues, much like the folks Trump brags about that are supporting him today.

(BTW, it is also a derogatory code word usually aimed at bashing Jews, but I know you are certainly not doing that.)

=============================

ne·o·con

:  a former liberal espousing political conservatism

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Neocon in some circles is a code word for Jews.   The graphic depicted a Nazi-style "iron eagle".   The sharer of the graphic is perhaps our most prolific Trumpster.

Draw your own conclusions. 

Offline Frank Cannon

=============================

ne·o·con

:  a former liberal espousing political conservatism

So you can read and comprehend what I wrote. Gold star for you. Here is a picture of a "Neocon" as a reward....

HonestJohn

Neocon in some circles is a code word for Jews.   The graphic depicted a Nazi-style "iron eagle".   The sharer of the graphic is perhaps our most prolific Trumpster.

Draw your own conclusions.

He also posts from white supremacy, anti-Jew/Israel sites.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,191258.msg763490.html#msg763490
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,196223.0.html
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,195885.0.html
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,195218.0.html

Here's yet another one from today:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,197285.msg800956.html#msg800956
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:52:55 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

I do not identify with the modern usage of the term "conservative" anymore either.  The so-called conservative movement is dead with very little to show for it. 

People can debate the reasons for that for years, but the fact is that the term has been hijacked by rigid ideologues, shysters, Elmer Gantrys, radio announcers and apocalyptic profiteers.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

So you can read and comprehend what I wrote. Gold star for you. Here is a picture of a "Neocon" as a reward....

Is he constipated?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

Is he constipated?

Terminal Constipation of the brain.

Offline EdinVA

Another case of the "media" violating its 1st amendment protections.
They should be held accountable for fec violations should they follow thru with this.

Offline GAJohnnie

Nice political suicide NR. Buckley would be ashamed of you. Third party runs in the US for National Office fail 100% of the time. That is an act of childish spite and ego and you all know it.

Bill Buckley said "vote for the rightwardmost electable candidate".

Currently leaders of NR shows us their hand as just another part of the GOPE machine

Offline aligncare

Nice political suicide NR. Buckley would be ashamed of you. Third party runs in the US for National Office fail 100% of the time. That is an act of childish spite and ego and you all know it.

Currently leaders of NR shows us their hand as just another part of the GOPE machine

The problem is too many people worship the presidency as if it represented an American monarchy.

Our founding documents elevate the individual, not the president who is only a temporary steward heading a temporary government.

Patriots love our country, not our temporary government. And patriots fight wars and die for our country; not for a temporary collection of men, or for the latest political government.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:27:50 pm by aligncare »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Don't mistake opposition to bigotry and xenophobia as support of the "GOPe machine", whatever the hell that is.   We're real Americans and real conservatives who reject Trump's ethnic nationalist poison.   

HonestJohn

His daughter is Jewish.  Get a grip!

I wasn't talking about Trump.

Offline GAJohnnie

The problems is too many people worship the presidency, as if it represented an American monarchy.

Our founding documents elevate the individual, not the president, who is only a temporary steward that heads a temporary government.

Patriots love our country, not our temporary government. And patriots fight wars and die for our country; not a temporary collection of men, or the latest political government.

The other big fail point is they all think in terms of this election cycle.

People  in the "Conservative Media" are writing checks with their mouths , and columns, their careers are not going to be able to cash.

Elections end but this sort of behavior is a career ending move long after the elections end. Voters do not look fondly on people who play games to thwart their will. NR might want to check the careers ends of Chaffee and Crist if they think this is "a threat"  It not a threat, it just objective poltical reality.

NR is all ready whining about the sharp  dropping off subscription rates. Doubling down on poltical stupid is not going to help them. The 7 members of the "Hate Trump Always" squad around here are not going to make up for the thousands who are crossing them off their list.

Offline sinkspur

The other big fail point is they all think in terms of this election cycle.

People  in the "Conservative Media" are writing checks with their mouths , and columns, their careers are not going to be able to cash.

Elections end but this sort of behavior is a career ending move long after the elections end. Voters do not look fondly on people who play games to thwart their will. NR might want to check the careers ends of Chaffee and Crist if they think this is "a threat"  It not a threat, it just objective poltical reality.

NR is all ready whining about the sharp  dropping off subscription rates. Doubling down on poltical stupid is not going to help them. The 7 members of the "Hate Trump Always" squad around here are not going to make up for the thousands who are crossing them off their list.

Your threats are as empty as the cliched phrases you use, over and over.

This is a stop-Trump movement. And it is gaining momentum and you don't like it. Tough.  Even if Trump wins the nomination, he is not going to win the presidency and, for me, that's all that matters.  He cannot be allowed to take over the GOP for his nefarious purposes.  The man was advocating BREAKING THE LAW last night, for God's sake, with his ridiculous assertion that the military would kill innocent women and children on his orders! 

And you follow him like a poodle. There is only a 35% plurality of you right now, enough to win primaries but not the Oval Office.

Trump will be stopped, like it or not. And his political career will be over.  Trumpism will be killed in the cradle, and the country, and the world, will be much better off.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:41:00 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

Your threats are as empty as the cliched phrases you use, over and over.

This is a stop-Trump movement. And it is gaining momentum and you don't like it. Tough.  Even if Trump wins the nomination, he is not going to win the presidency and, for me, that's all that matters.  He cannot be allowed to take over the GOP for his nefarious purposes.  The man was advocating BREAKING THE LAW last night, for God's sake, with his ridiculous assertion that the military would kill innocent women and children on his orders! 

And you follow him like a poodle. There is only a 35% plurality of you right now, enough to win primaries but not the Oval Office.

Trump will be stopped, like it or not. And his political career will be over.  Trumpism will be killed in the cradle, and the country, and the world, will be much better off.

===================================

Did this just come to you while you were sitting on the toilet?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
===================================

Did this just come to you while you were sitting on the toilet?

Another Trumpster emulating the short-fingered vulgarian.