Author Topic: Don't make any plans! Biggest container ship ever to dock in America arrives in Long Beach and will take FIVE DAYS to unload before moving on to Seattle  (Read 941 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456625/Biggest-container-ship-dock-America-arrives-Long-Beach-California.html

The Benjamin Franklin set sail from Xiamen, China, at 4am on Monday and arrived in Long Beach, Ca. on Friday
This is the ship's second time in the U.S. and the vessel will take five days to unload before it travels to Seattle, Wa. 
The French-built ship is longer than the Empire State building and wider than half a football field and can carry up to 18,000 units, 116,000 tons of cargo

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Long Beach Harbor and the Los Angeles Harbor are next to each other and combine to be the largest Harbor in the US.

I get to see ships coming and going, by looking up the coast when I go out for my walks or bike rides.

The hills seen in the photo are in The OC. The containers you see on the ship go onto trucks and trains for distribution across the country. Highway 10, 40, 70, 15 etc. The railway parallels 40 btw through Flagstaff, Albuquerque and beyond.

Enjoy your Chinese goods. Trump, more than any candidate, addresses this subject.

If I tell you how much the Longshoremen earn, that work unloading the ships, you will probably be surprised. Supposedly the guys working the cranes work less than 40 hours, because the work is so stressful. I have heard that from a couple of them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We used to do stuff like this.
Yes, and like him or not, one candidate is appealing to voters that we should still aspire to do so.

A lot of people like most of his ideas, even though they continue to argue against him as a person and candidate.

I say it is about time that the other candidates to pick up the issue positions that are driving the Trump success, or be left behind.

Clue: Glenn Beck and James Dobson are not that answer.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln