Author Topic: Now 'gays' thrust beliefs onto Christian T-shirt maker. 'It's intolerant to insist' business owner produce expressions that violate faith  (Read 930 times)

rangerrebew

Now 'gays' thrust beliefs onto Christian T-shirt maker
'It's intolerant to insist' business owner produce expressions that violate faith
Published: 8 hours ago

Freedoms of religion and speech, protected in the U.S. by its Constitution and recognized widely in other parts of the free world in law and practice, are under attack again, this time in Kentucky where a local commission is demanding – at the request of a homosexual organization – that a printer produce T-shirts with a message that violates his Christian faith.

The fight now is before the Kentucky Court of Appeals over whether Blaine Adamson, the managing owner of Hands-On Originals, in fact has the rights that the U.S. Constitution is supposed to protect for him. Or whether he can be forced by homosexuals to produce a message which conflicts directly with his deeply held religious beliefs.

Get the brand-new bumper sticker that reminds everyone that Christian Lives Matter!

“Protecting Blaine’s freedom affirms everyone’s freedom, no matter the nature of their beliefs or convictions,” said ADF Senior Counsel Jim Campbell. “The government shouldn’t be able to force citizens to create speech that conflicts with their deepest convictions, and the trial court’s decision rightly affirmed that.”

Adamson had declined to print shirts promoting a “gay pride” event held by a “Gay and Lesbian Services Organization” in the Lexington-Fayette region. He explained it was because of the message that contradicted his faith. In fact, he wasn’t even aware of the sexual lifestyle choices of those making the request.

“Outlasting the Gay Revolution” spells out eight principles to help Americans with conservative moral values counter attacks on our freedoms of religion, speech and conscience by homosexual activists

Despite that, the homosexuals filed a discrimination complaint and the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Human Rights Commission ordered Adamson to violate his faith. A local court decision reversed that, but the commission then took the fight to the Kentucky Court of Appeals.

The Alliance Defending Freedom, which has been working with Adamson, now has filed a brief there.

ADF explains that Adamson routinely declines to do print jobs when the message violates his faith, rejecting at least a dozen in recent years. Instead, he offers referrals to other print shops for those customers. Those subjects included a strip club, a sexually explicit video and a message that included violence.

So that’s what he did when the GLSO wanted to promote a “gay pride” event.

Instead of recognizing Adamson’s constitutional rights, however, the GLSO filed its complaint, which ultimately failed in the district court.

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2016/02/Blaine_Adamson3.jpg
Blaine Adamson

Blaine Adamson

The ADF argues that the decision will impact all people, not just those of faith. For example, a lesbian printer in another state endorsed Adamson in the fight, because a ruling against him could then be used to force her to produce messages with which she disagrees, too.

Adamson, the brief explains, has “never declined to work with people because of their race, sex, sexual orientation or other legally protected characteristic. On the contrary, HOO works with everyone, including gay and lesbian customers … and regularly hires gay and lesbian employees.”

“The government … cannot force it citizens to convey message that they deem objectionable or punish them for declining to convey such messages,” the brief explains. “The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously held that the government could not apply that law [in another case] to force that organization to convey unwanted messages.”

The high court also has determined “entities … do not discriminate against gays and lesbians when they serve LGBT individuals but decline to promote messages of LGBT advocacy groups.”

See Adamson’s explanation of the fight:

The constitutional concept that people cannot be forced to provide a message with which they disagree is the focal point of the fight.

"That constitutional principle, at issue because Mr. Adamson declined to produce advocacy materials for the Gay and Lesbian Services Organization (GLSO), protects all individuals, regardless of their beliefs," the ADF brief explains.

"It is thus no surprise that 'a lesbian owned and operated T-shirt company…,' and groups that 'strongly support[]…gay rights…,' have publicly supported HOO. For just as surely as the First Amendment protects HOO against the GLSO's discrimination claim, it also forecloses a religious-discrimination claim against an LGBT printer who refuses to create materials that disparage gays and lesbians. Thus, a ruling for HOO upholds the freedom of all who are asked to produce expression that they consider objectionable," the filing explains.

"The government has no good reason for overriding a person's freedom to peacefully live out his beliefs," added co-counsel Bryan Beauman with Sturgill, Turner, Barker & Moloney, PLLC, of Lexington. "Everyone who contacts Blaine gets the expressive materials they're looking for, because he will either create the expression for them or refer them to someone who will. It's intolerant to insist that Blaine's business must produce expression that violates his beliefs."

READ MORE

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/now-gays-thrust-beliefs-onto-christian-t-shirt-maker/#AYpUe1JJJ5X3JZoU.99

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The 5th circuit I believe it was, ruled recently that you didn't have to put any message on anything that you disagreed with. Let's hope that has bearing here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Charlespg

Despite that, the homosexuals filed a discrimination complaint and the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Human Rights Commission ordered Adamson to violate his faith. A local court decision reversed that, but the commission then took the fight to the Kentucky Court of Appeals.

damm I am at the point where I would support permanently  disappearing these useless people when they start this dammed crap  :#@$%:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Relic

One of the very few bright spots of what Obama has done to us will be watching gays deal with muslim business owners.

That's a battle I will enjoy, because militant gays and radical muslims deserve each other.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
One of the very few bright spots of what Obama has done to us will be watching gays deal with muslim business owners.

That's a battle I will enjoy, because militant gays and radical muslims deserve each other.

That battle should have already started by now. But the Leftists/Liberals are avoiding Muslims at all costs. Even Obama is giving Muslims 'special consideration'.

The current target is Christians and only Christians. There has never been a Muslim group that was forced to pay for abortions; there has never been a Mosque forced to perform a gay marriage, that I am aware of.

Eventually the Left will have to come into conflict with Islam, but as of now they are tip toeing around Muslims and focusing on Christians.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Relic

That battle should have already started by now. But the Leftists/Liberals are avoiding Muslims at all costs. Even Obama is giving Muslims 'special consideration'.

The current target is Christians and only Christians. There has never been a Muslim group that was forced to pay for abortions; there has never been a Mosque forced to perform a gay marriage, that I am aware of.

Eventually the Left will have to come into conflict with Islam, but as of now they are tip toeing around Muslims and focusing on Christians.

Watch the video of the French woman from Calais. It's heartbreaking, but a glimpse into our immediate future.

It's on another thread, but I'll put the link here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAQX74yRyc

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

It's a battle that will never happen.  The gays will stay well away of Muslim business owners.  They will continue to go after the targets of opportunity in our society and ignore those that will respond with deadly violence.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

It's a battle that will never happen.  The gays will stay well away of Muslim business owners.  They will continue to go after the targets of opportunity in our society and ignore those that will respond with deadly violence.

Eventually, when their numbers are large enough, muslims will force confrontation.

Unlike the softened, dumbed down American public, muslims are focused, motivated, and more than willing to fight to achieve their goals.

Western civilization is willingly swallowing a poison pill.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Eventually, when their numbers are large enough, muslims will force confrontation.

Unlike the softened, dumbed down American public, muslims are focused, motivated, and more than willing to fight to achieve their goals.

Western civilization is willingly swallowing a poison pill.

While I totally agree, I do a think a confrontation will be forced - from what we see in other western democracies, all indications are that we will simply surrender at that point to the aggressive power.  The gays and the ascendant left in America will not fight them, they will take slavery first because, in my opinion, they are incapable of fighting.  It is what France and Germany and Britain are teaching us today - they will go their deaths with a whimper for their leftist politics.

...Bob Dylan

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
The battle has already happened and the courts upheld that Muslims do not have to carry luggage in their taxi if you have liquor in it, Muslim truck driver does not have to haul liquor etc etc.

[size=78%]WHY?  Muzzies are part of a FEDERALLY protected class of people.  They have been given special rights by the Federal Govt, just like Gays, trannys, blacks, Mexicans.....to save me typing lets put it this way, the ONLY group of people who do NOT qualify for a protected class status by LAW is WHITE, Christian, heterosexual males!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
[/size]
RaceCivil Rights Act of 1964
[/font]
42 USC CHAPTER 21 - CIVIL RIGHTS TITLE 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE CHAPTER 21 - CIVIL RIGHTS SUBCHAPTER VI - EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES   
http://finduslaw.com/civil-rights-act-1964-cra-title-vii-equal-employment-opportunities-42-us-code-chapter-21
[/li][/list]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:50:34 pm by 17 Oaks »
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Relic

While I totally agree, I do a think a confrontation will be forced - from what we see in other western democracies, all indications are that we will simply surrender at that point to the aggressive power.  The gays and the ascendant left in America will not fight them, they will take slavery first because, in my opinion, they are incapable of fighting.  It is what France and Germany and Britain are teaching us today - they will go their deaths with a whimper for their leftist politics.

What you say makes sense. And that would deprive me of the joy of seeing leftists fall to their Frankenstein's monster. It is in their character to simply surrender, and then blame Christians and the right for their situation.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
A confrontation 'must' happen eventually. Muslims tend to hide and keep their head down until they get enough numbers and power to force themselves on the host country.

Islam is the opposite of a 'live and let live', tolerant culture. Anywhere that Islam exists, they want all of society to obey the laws of Islam regardless of being Muslim or not. And they have no problem killing people to make that happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
What you say makes sense. And that would deprive me of the joy of seeing leftists fall to their Frankenstein's monster. It is in their character to simply surrender, and then blame Christians and the right for their situation.

Here's the terrible irony of the video you posted: The French thought they had ended Nazism, thought they had defeated it.  Now they have it amongst them again, and they, their leaders in their cloistered, secure and isolated government positions, don't see it...can't see it.  Because it is their so very advanced and broad-thinking policies that brought it amongst them.

...Bob Dylan

Offline mountaineer

How many Muslims own businesses in the US, I wonder. They may as well just sit back and collect gubmint benefits.   **nononono*
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:19:43 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A confrontation 'must' happen eventually. Muslims tend to hide and keep their head down until they get enough numbers and power to force themselves on the host country.

Islam is the opposite of a 'live and let live', tolerant culture. Anywhere that Islam exists, they want all of society to obey the laws of Islam regardless of being Muslim or not. And they have no problem killing people to make that happen.

We can preempt that possibly by taking it to the courts and settling it. As 17 Oaks pointed out, we have laws that force businesses to cater to their religion, and laws that force businesses to cater to the liberals.

As Christians, simply use the contradiction and put it to the courts, all the way to SCOTUS, to decide which side this country falls on once and for all. Try to at least get this double standard clarified and set the balance between religion and 'diversity'.

Better to get hit head on than by both sides.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
all the way to SCOTUS, to decide which side this country falls on once and for all

...and beware of John Robert's inventiveness.

...Bob Dylan

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Here is the problem:  It started with the Civil Rights Act of 1964...then Congress backed that up with Hate Crime legislation, which is mostly thought control thru threat of prison and lawsuits by the Feds.  They are suing the City of Ferguson because the FEDS what them to organize the Police Dept according to DoJ rules.

Its late at night, you are walking back from movies not far from your hotel.  The is a small group of a protected class, in this case they are black.  They pop out of an alley as you go by not far from the hotel.  They want to know if you can direct them to the Swingin Moon night club.  You try to be friendly and say you don't know you are new in town.  One says, that is alright cracker, just give us your money.  You try to blow it off and get down the block to the hotel, but 2 of them suddendly block your path while the 3rd whips out a knife and demands the money, you are now blocked back, sides and front with a knife.  Taking the high road you I don't carry cash when I travel, just leave me alone and let get to my hotel as you point at the flickering neon sign 'EmptyArms NoTel Motel'.  About this time they close on you to tighten up circle and knife boy shoves his fist into your chest, knife only inches and pointing straight up under his chin.  What you don't know is that across the street there is a guy who is in league with the guys surrounding you who is catching this on his cell fone, you have your back to him and knifeboys hands cannot be seen.

What no one knows is that you were Chuck Norris's trainer.  Like a scene out of a Norris movie your hands and feet do a windmill dropping all but knifeboy, you grab his arm and almost bust your kneecap as you break his arm he drops to the ground with the rest his fore arm now nothing but a useless appendage.  Knifeboy screams calling you a mofo cracker who is gonna pay.  In the heat of the exchange you call him the "N" word over your shoulder as you head to the Empty Arms.

Later that night there is a knock on the door and its the police and you are being charged with Assualt and battery, but worse its reported as a RACIST incident.

Its all on a cell fone, but carefully edited to reflect just a few nice boys asking for directions, you violent attack and you yelling the N word.

You end up in court:

The tall one had a knife!  Knife, what knife, don't see on on the video anywhere...

We just wanted directions, thats all.

At the end its determined the boys just gather in closer to hear what you were saying, proven by the fact the cell fone did not pick up anything.  You almost got parole but the added charge of a a HATE CRIME gets you 1 year in the county jail...

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...