Author Topic: Does Anyone Believe Trump Seriously Cares about Whether Ted Cruz Is a Natural-Born Citizen?.... By Jonah Goldberg  (Read 1380 times)

Offline katzenjammer

If that is true then I am wrong about Trump but I have not yet been able to find any evidence that says his mother was naturalized a U.S. Citizen less than two years after her arrival here from Scotland!

Believe it or not, I have actually seen (at least an electronic facsimile thereof) his mother's naturalization certificate.  Back when Trump was hammering on 0baa's eligibility, he was challenged by the media to offer his own proof.  He brought out everything.  If it is important to you, we can probably dig up it online somewhere.

Offline katzenjammer

It IS settled! And has been for a LONG time! All you have to do is look!

I'm not about to recreate it here but there is a recent LONG thread here on the subject that conclusively proves it!

Here's a link! http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190577.0.html

Edit to add: The ONLY thing unsettled is who EXACTLY is supposed to enforce the rules laid out in the Constitution and that really isn't unsettled either it's just not being done and hasn't been for a very long time!

I agree with you, I am not going to re-type (or even cut and paste) my prior posts on the core topic.  Anyone seriously interested in discussing the topic rationally and logically can find them there.

Offline katzenjammer

The "Destroyers" have led this nation down their path for WAY to long and it's about time we stopped following blindly along!

:amen: and :amen:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Believe it or not, I have actually seen (at least an electronic facsimile thereof) his mother's naturalization certificate.  Back when Trump was hammering on 0baa's eligibility, he was challenged by the media to offer his own proof.  He brought out everything.  If it is important to you, we can probably dig up it online somewhere.

We both know that it is important only to those of us who  truly care about such things at this point.  Your word is plenty sufficient for me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Are anchor babies qualified to run for president?  I'm asking because I do not know the answer to that and I'm sure someone here does.

That is the part of the conversation that is being ignored and bothers me the most.
I could care less if Cruz is natural born but the issue needs to be put to bed.

HAPPY2BME

Ted Cruz's mother's American birth certificate revealed - proving he IS eligible to run

Cruz was born in Canada, but mother Eleanor was a US citizen
    Senator had dual US-Canada citizenship for years but renounced his Canadian citizenship after his 2012 Senate election
    Cruz has come under fire by Donald Trump for possibly being ineligible to run for the White House
    Florida congressman preparing lawsuit to challenge Cruz's eligibility for the presidency if he wins the GOP nomination
    Cruz campaign dismisses controversy - but has examined Eleanor Cruz's birth certificate
    Cruz's wife Heidi blames attacks on candidate's success

HAPPY2BME

That is the part of the conversation that is being ignored and bothers me the most.

==================================

That is the only reason this conversation will benefit anyone, should it continue to explode.

ANCHOR BABIES is NOT a term anyone wants to discuss in a U.S. POTUS election campaign.

Offline katzenjammer

We both know that it is important only to those of us who  truly care about such things at this point.  Your word is plenty sufficient for me!

While I appreciate your trust in my word, I recognize that my memory is not as powerful of a 'steel trap' that it used to be.  When I get some time, I am going to try to dig that up!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Right.

I wonder what you think about Goldberg's opinion that, if this were a matter of great significance, it would have been settled long ago.

I've heard that elsewhere as well.  Is it 'unsettled' because it's minor?  And if it's significant, then why still unsettled after two centuries?

Persons naturalized according to these acts, are entitled to all the rights of natural born citizens, except, first, that they cannot be elected as representatives in congress until seven years, thereafter. Secondly, nor can they be elected senators of the United States, until nine years thereafter. Thirdly, they are forever incapable of being chosen to the office of president of the United States. Persons naturalized before the adoption of the constitution, it is presumed, have all the capacities of natural born citizens. See C. U. S. Art. 1, 2.

(Underlining added by me.)

Those are not MY words! They come from THE lawbook every school of law in the U.S used for a VERY long time and one that is still in very wide use today in such institutions. I have not been able to find a word of dispute to those words for at least as long as any founder remained alive!

THAT is about as settled as it gets if you ask me!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 11:06:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

I feel the same way Ed.  Everyone is coming down on Trump for bringing it up, but the way I see it is that Trump knows how these people think and he knows that these lawsuits are being prepared - as a big distraction during the election - shifting our discourse from more important issues.

The anchor baby issue - yeah - this needs to be settled.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Persons naturalized according to these acts, are entitled to all the rights of natural born citizens, except, first, that they cannot be elected as representatives in congress until seven years, thereafter. Secondly, nor can they be elected senators of the United States, until nine years thereafter. Thirdly, they are forever incapable of being chosen to the office of president of the United States. Persons naturalized before the adoption of the constitution, it is presumed, have all the capacities of natural born citizens. See C. U. S. Art. 1, 2.

(Underlined portion added by me.)

Those are not MY words! They come from THE lawbook every school of law in the U.S used for a VERY long time and one that is still in very wide use today in such institutions. I have not been able to find a word of dispute to those words for at least as long as any founder remained alive!

Thanks for that, Bigun.  I didn't read all your posts on the previous thread discussing this, but I knew your expertise, so that's why I asked you.  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I agree with all of the above, ml, except for the lies part.  I have been following his campaign and the primary season fairly closely, I am not aware of any documented lies from Trump.  I am interesting in learning about any that you may have seen documented.

Perhaps I have a narrower definition of "lie" than you do.  If a candidate claims he brought the subject up out of concern for the other candidate and how the Dems will pursue it, when he actually brought the subject up to cast doubt on his opponent, and not because of any said "concern" about the other party, I consider that to be a lie.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

(Underlining added by me.)

:thumbsup3: