Author Topic: Ann Coulter Shocks With Single Tweet As Nikki Haley Delivers GOP SOTU Response  (Read 7007 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Outspoken columnist Ann Coulter shocked many Tuesday night with a tweet she posted to her account as S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley delivered the Republican response to President Barack Obama’s final State of the Union address.

“Trump should deport Nikki Haley,” Coulter tweeted.

Ann Coulter

@AnnCoulter

Trump should deport Nikki Haley.
9:31 PM - 12 Jan 2016

696 696 Retweets

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/12/ann-coulter-shocks-with-single-tweet-as-nikki-haley-delivers-gop-sotu-response/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump himself did not say this. Stoopid attention seeking washed up writer commentator did so.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That was a tacky thing for Coulter to say.  I used to like her, but the last few years she has turned into a bitter shrew that flings offensive comments - I guess to keep her name out there.  The Chris Christie love-fest of hers did it for me.  I figure she's either going through menopause or she's got some serious mental issues (dating Bill Maher is proof enough of that). 

As far as Nikki Haley, if I remember correctly, she campaigned as a big Tea Party favorite and I think she got elected with their help.  The disappointment I have with her is that she will take a strong stand but then backs down when there is push-back.  I do think she is weak. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

Hello alicewonders. Always enjoy your posting.  :patriot:  Yes, Anne has really turned bitter and offensive. I recall her saying that Nikki was wrong about the Confederate flag issue because she was an immigrant and didn't know anything about US History. Of course, Nikki was born in the United States to immigrant parents. She has lived here her entire life and championed conservative causes. And while she might differ on a few issues with Anne she is not deserving of the vitriol Anne dishes out.

Agree.  Does she really think she is going to sway anyone to her position talking like that?  Maybe she's got a drinking problem or something.  There's something not right with her. 

:beer:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ann should have learned by now not to tweet while drinking.    **nononono*

Online mountaineer

I'm really tired of bigotry in the guise of conservatism.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:39:43 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

Never been a Coulter fan but the Haley diatribe was nothing but a shot across Trumps bow and she completely ignored BO....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'm really tired of bigotry in the guise of conservativism.

Amen.  Besides being offensive and wrong, it makes it much harder for conservatives to win elections.   And don't think the Dems don't exploit bigoted remarks made by "conservatives" like Coulter, to solicit money and to rally folks to their side. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline andy58-in-nh

Or bigotry in the guise of Conservatism: either, or.

We do need to secure America's borders, and yes, our elites have resisted that necessity.

But as thoughtful human beings, we also must to stop the stupid denigration of those people who are already here, want to be here, and deserve to be here, simply because they came from places we wouldn't care or dare to visit.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Although I don't agree with Coulter WTH was Haley doing..she was suppose to respond to the SOTU not diss another Repub candidate.....no matter what you think of Trump what Haley did was wrong!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Ditto.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Never been a Coulter fan but the Haley diatribe was nothing but a shot across Trumps bow and she completely ignored BO....

Exactly right! And a HUGE disappointment because a great opportunity to take Obama completely apart was totally squandered!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Although I don't agree with Coulter WTH was Haley doing..she was suppose to respond to the SOTU not diss another Repub candidate.....no matter what you think of Trump what Haley did was wrong!

:beer:  Agreed.  Many categorize Haley as a conservative; I see her leaning towards the establishment.  While I definitely don't see Trump as the conservative that we need, Haley's comments towards him during a commentary after the SOTU, was absolutely uncalled for. Right now ALL the GOP should be rallying behind ALL the GOP candidates and circling the wagons around the DEMS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

:beer:  Agreed.  Many categorize Haley as a conservative; I see her leaning towards the establishment.  While I definitely don't see Trump as the conservative that we need, Haley's comments towards him during a commentary after the SOTU, was absolutely uncalled for. Right now ALL the GOP should be rallying behind ALL the GOP candidates and circling the wagons around the DEMS.

was wondering when I'd get to use this screen shot.

Offline MBB1984

Haley is the paid puppet of establishment Republicans and she is more concerned with their attack on Trump than making any attack on Obama and his left wing administration.  She was far out of line and will only ensure more Trump support and solidify it.   Pathetic.

Online libertybele

You're too funny Align-- that's why I love your posts!   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

Haley is the paid puppet of establishment Republicans and she is more concerned with their attack on Trump than making any attack on Obama and his left wing administration.  She was far out of line and will only ensure more Trump support and solidify it.   Pathetic.

Yes, on all counts.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Republicans are at 26% party identification. Dems at 29% and Independents at 42%. (per Gallup)

Trump is at say 30% of the 26% or approximately 8% of the electorate.  It usually takes 51% to win the general election.

Loud but narrow. Add Trump and Cruz and Carson and Fiorina and you get perhaps 60-70% of 30% or 20% of the electorate.

Loud but narrow.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

Ann has been dead right on the cost and damage of massive illegal immigration from Mexico - for about the last two years.

Those Republicans who demonize her are the same ones demonizing Donald Trump, and are the same ones profiting from illegal immigration from Mexico.

Offline aligncare

Use whatever statistics you want to ts, America as a whole--salaries, schools, social services, law-enforcement--is suffering under uncontrolled (undocumented – if you indulge that game), mass immigration from Third World countries. They can spin it anyway they want, but Americans see through it, and understand the stakes. That's why Cruz and Trump are leading, and not Rubio (or Bush).

Offline katzenjammer

Listening to Rush's open.  (He gets what went on in Halley's speech.) It will make for interesting commentary when it is posted later.

Offline alicewonders

I am absolutely not a fan of Nikki Haley, but nor am I an Ann Coulter fan.  I think Ann's comment (unless it was taken out of context) sounded bigoted.  Why did she not slam the content of what Nikki was saying - that the GOP is spending precious rebuttal time to Obama's speech of lies to slam one of their own party?

That would have been way more effective.  What she said offended ME - and I'm not easily offended!

Sometimes I wonder if she isn't secretly working for the other side.
 **nononono*

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush is lambasting the Repubs over this..I will post the transcript when it is available.....Rush is right on!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

I am absolutely not a fan of Nikki Haley, but nor am I an Ann Coulter fan.  I think Ann's comment (unless it was taken out of context) sounded bigoted.  Why did she not slam the content of what Nikki was saying - that the GOP is spending precious rebuttal time to Obama's speech of lies to slam one of their own party?

That would have been way more effective.  What she said offended ME - and I'm not easily offended!

Sometimes I wonder if she isn't secretly working for the other side.
 **nononono*

I'll give you my theory on it.  Four factors, in no particular order:

1.  It was on Twitter, the 140 character limit doesn't lead to well thought out commentary very often.
2.  It is an aspect of our culture, "snark" is where it is at.  I swear at times that many in the chattering class work overtime to out-snark each other!
3.  She knew that it would garner ATTENTION!  In her business, if you don't capture attention, you are falling backward.
4.  Chardonnay, many glasses, late evening Tweeting!

:whistle:

Offline GAJohnnie

They are both idiots. Difference is Coulter career is based on being a flame bot. Haley had a future, until last night.

Niki was well respected in most Conservative circles until last night. Playing watergirl for the GOPE against Trump and Cruze was political suicide for her. The GOP base does not like politicians who trash talk their own side at the same time they are playing kissy face with far leftists like Obama