Author Topic: Obama: I Know The Second Amendment–'I Taught Constitutional Law'  (Read 638 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/01/05/obama-i-know-the-second-amendment-you-knowi-taught-constitutional-law-n2100257/print

Obama: I Know The Second Amendment–'I Taught Constitutional Law'
Matt Vespa
1/5/2016 6:20:00 PM - Matt Vespa

Piggybacking off Katie’s post about President Obama’s pseudo support for the Second Amendment, did you know that he also taught constitutional law? Yeah, he proudly mentioned that aspect of his former life when discussing his new executive actions on gun policy today. So, have no fear America; Obama is an authority on this subject; he knows what he’s talking about because he’s taught a class on constitutional law.

Did Mr. Con Law professor miss the class on the Fifth Amendment guaranteeing a right to due process? He must have since his administration feels that eviscerating such a principle via banning Americans on the horrifically flawed–and probably unconstitutional–terrorist no-fly lists from exercising their Second Amendment rights is perfectly fine. Even the liberal LA Times is against the measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRZGe9gpdz8

Now, I want to be absolutely clear at the start -- and I’ve said this over and over again, this also becomes routine, there is a ritual about this whole thing that I have to do -- I believe in the Second Amendment. It’s there written on the paper. It guarantees a right to bear arms. No matter how many times people try to twist my words around -- I taught constitutional law, I know a little about this -- (applause) -- I get it. But I also believe that we can find ways to reduce gun violence consistent with the Second Amendment.

In a statement from Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, she urged Congress to check the president’s executive actions on our Second Amendment rights, saying that Obama will continue “using unilateral executive orders and regulatory power on a range of issues. The Constitution is merely an inconvenience to him, and it will be up to Congress to determine whether or not he is allowed to run roughshod over our Constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms."

The president will host a town hall meeting on gun violence at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia on Thursday, which is right in the National Rifle Association’s backyard.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Obama: I Know The Second Amendment–'I Taught Constitutional Law'
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:16:19 pm »
He didn't teach Constitutional Law. Wasn't it more a class on how to be a community organizer?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:01:25 pm »
THIS lady knows the Constitution and God bless her for what she is doing!!

https://www.facebook.com/ModernRevolution/videos/1009106689147665/

KrisAnne Hall is an attorney and former prosecutor, fired after teaching the Constitution to TEA Party groups – she would not sacrifice liberty for a paycheck. She is a disabled veteran of the US Army, a Russian linguist, a mother, a pastor’s wife and a patriot.

She now travels the country and teaches the Constitution and the history that gave us our founding documents. KrisAnne Hall does not just teach the Constitution, she lays the foundations that show how reliable and relevant our founding documents are today. She presents the “genealogy” of the Constitution – the 700 year history and five foundational documents that are the very roots of American Liberty.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:47:20 pm »
Yeah, every professor teaches the Constitution as it's written. Where are Ryan and McConnell?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:45:25 pm »
He didn't teach Constitutional Law. Wasn't it more a class on how to be a community organizer?

And he wasn't even a professor.............. he was a 'lecturer' on community organizing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:59:00 pm »
Let me translate.....constitutional law=how to destroy the constitution.   Alinsky  Cloward/Piven etc.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 10:24:36 pm »
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/01/05/obama-i-know-the-second-amendment-you-knowi-taught-constitutional-law-n2100257/print

Obama: I Know The Second Amendment–'I Taught Constitutional Law'
Matt Vespa
1/5/2016 6:20:00 PM - Matt Vespa

Piggybacking off Katie’s post about President Obama’s pseudo support for the Second Amendment, did you know that he also taught constitutional law? Yeah, he proudly mentioned that aspect of his former life when discussing his new executive actions on gun policy today. So, have no fear America; Obama is an authority on this subject; he knows what he’s talking about because he’s taught a class on constitutional law.

:boring: 8detect8
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 11:29:32 pm »
I recently got into a little online spat with a political science professor who disputed something I (retired lawyer) had said about libel law. He insisted that he had taught constitutional law, so he knows.    :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org