Author Topic: Obama offers prayers for Christians persecuted by ISIS  (Read 491 times)

Offline flowers

Obama offers prayers for Christians persecuted by ISIS
« on: December 23, 2015, 11:50:31 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/264137-obama-pray-for-christians-persecuted-by-isis

President Obama lamented the persecution of Christians worldwide, specifically by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, in a statement the day before Christmas Eve.

"In some areas of the Middle East where church bells have rung for centuries on Christmas Day, this year they will be silent," Obama said.

ADVERTISEMENT
"This silence bears tragic witness to the brutal atrocities committed against these communities by ISIL," he added, using an alternate name for the terror group.

The president has often faced criticism from Republican rivals, including presidential hopefuls, for not doing enough to help Christians being persecuted in the Middle East by radical Muslim terrorists.

Meanwhile Obama and his minions h1-5 each other a toast drinks for every single Christian his bff's sharia type have slaughtered.

Offline flowers

Re: Obama offers prayers for Christians persecuted by ISIS
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:51:24 pm »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/12/23/statement-president-persecuted-christians-christmas

Statement by the President on Persecuted Christians at Christmas

During this season of Advent, Christians in the United States and around the world are preparing to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. At this time, those of us fortunate enough to live in countries that honor the birthright of all people to practice their faith freely give thanks for that blessing. Michelle and I are also ever-mindful that many of our fellow Christians do not enjoy that right, and hold especially close to our hearts and minds those who have been driven from their ancient homelands by unspeakable violence and persecution.

In some areas of the Middle East where church bells have rung for centuries on Christmas Day, this year they will be silent; this silence bears tragic witness to the brutal atrocities committed against these communities by ISIL.

We join with people around the world in praying for God’s protection for persecuted Christians and those of other faiths, as well as for those brave men and women engaged in our military, diplomatic, and humanitarian efforts to alleviate their suffering and restore stability, security, and hope to their nations. As the old Christmas carol reminds us:

The Wrong shall fail,

The Right prevail,

With peace on earth, good-will to men.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 11:52:24 pm by flowers »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:22:45 am »
Michelle and I are also ever-mindful that many of our fellow Christians  ...
I bet he and ValJar had a good laugh over that turn of phrase.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 12:52:39 am »

I'll bet you are right!  :silly:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 12:56:51 am »
Obama. Says one thing, does another.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 05:00:10 am »
Facing Mecca at the time?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 06:24:34 pm »
He's not praying to the God I know.

What 'god' is he praying to?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 06:26:11 pm »

=============================================

Bill and Hillary are 'good christians' too.  Let's give credit where it is due here ..