Author Topic: Why TRUMP will get support from BOTH parties in the HOUSE and SENATE  (Read 4156 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Why TRUMP will get support from BOTH parties in the HOUSE and SENATE
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 11:25:12 pm »
How is it that you (and another) seem to forget about the "we the people"??  Who do you think is bringing Trump to this dance?  Why the hell does anyone think "we the people" would let the Congress stand in Trump's way?   

A page in our political life is finally being turned.   It's time to take notice.

Who's forgetting? I'm a realist. "We the people" means exactly jack shit to Congress - something everyone here has acknowledged at some point. It has been that way for decades - they make the right mouth noises when election time rolls around, play a bit of Kabuki for the benefit of the LIVs, and then carry on as normal.

How are the people going to prevent Congress standing in Trump's way? You don't have a mechanism to remove and replace congresscritters other than the ballot box every 4 years. Even then, it's difficult to primary out an bleep - not impossible, but difficult.

So - what, exactly, are you going to do?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 11:57:09 pm »
Very simple answer called using LEVERAGE. Did anyone ever wonder why the RINOGOPe leadership will not challenge OBAMA on anything? Why in spite of the consequences they give him anything he wants without even pretending to fight any more. Why Paul Ryan betrayed AMERICA and the Freedom Caucas caved so fast. This is real simple but they are making millions off OBAMA and both leaderships have been corrupted for years. TRUMP if elected will start probably with McConnell if he is still their. Since he is the most hated Senator in the country do a Criminal Investigation on him by the FBI over his career. HOW much dirt will the find ? TONS of kickbacks, corruption, laws broken "etc". Do that with ONE or TWO and watch how quickly they all will fall in line. See by being a OUTSIDER and not tied to any donors he will not or have to play in their world of corruption. The threat of a "Criminal Investigation" will have about 99% of the current elected Senators or Congressman scared to death including the Lobbyists , Big Business, Big Gov't, Big Media. That LEVERAGE they know he has and that is why all STOPS are being pulled including  Assianation  to keep TRUMP from becoming the next POTUS.
Love him or hate him he is the ONLY candidate  (maybe CRUZ but with that Goldman Saks connection, raises a red flag) that can make this happen. The RINOGOPe, Media, DEMS have looked everywhere and will continue to do so to find some dirt on TRUMP. However, he must be taken out OR the highest ranking people in our GOV't will be put on notice that the party is over if they do not cooperate. OBAMA has done this same thing by getting the RINOGOPe leadership on board with his program by including them in on the payroll. JMO :patriot:

What kind of banana republic do you think this is? Using the office of the President to investigate legislators for political purposes? First off, you can bet Obama probably already tried that (I mean, you're talking about the same guy who used the IRS to target common Americans for the same reason) and it's pretty much turned out nothing. The current failure of the Republican Congress is driven more by irrational fear of the media making them look like they're obstinate (and in the case of the Freedom Caucus, a genuine feeling of powerlessness) rather than fear of blackmail. Second, the moment the people of any given Congressman's district feel like their guy is being targeted by the Feds, that's going to give the voters in that congressman's cherry-picked, gerrymandered district all the more reason to dig in.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Longiron

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 11:57:36 pm »
Who's forgetting? I'm a realist. "We the people" means exactly jack shit to Congress - something everyone here has acknowledged at some point. It has been that way for decades - they make the right mouth noises when election time rolls around, play a bit of Kabuki for the benefit of the LIVs, and then carry on as normal.

How are the people going to prevent Congress standing in Trump's way? You don't have a mechanism to remove and replace congresscritters other than the ballot box every 4 years. Even then, it's difficult to primary out an bleep - not impossible, but difficult.

Expose theM on a local level. They are up for election every 2 years. Find out who their donors are and cross reference how they vote. Surprise what the results would be. Check out who supports their trips and who employs family members. Check out the book called Extortion by Schweizer ( spelling) and this info not hard to find out. Get the info out their in a local district and see what the locals think about their Corruption. Want Paul Ryan out do this in his district and expose his revenue sources from the omnibus bill and follow the money of his family. JMO.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 12:03:21 am »

I suggest Trump will do it, by rising even further in popularity. However arrogant they have become, politicians still fear arousing voter ire--if enough of them show up in numbers to make their ire known.

There's a better than even chance Trump will  be able to successfully corral to his side enough independent-minded politicians who are capable of reading opinion polls. People want change in Washington, D.C.

The good news so far is that Trump has shown himself capable of managing the RNC establishment and the media.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 12:05:59 am »

What kind of banana republic do you think this is? Using the office of the President to investigate legislators for political purposes? First off, you can bet Obama probably already tried that (I mean, you're talking about the same guy who used the IRS to target common Americans for the same reason) and it's pretty much turned out nothing. The current failure of the Republican Congress is driven more by irrational fear of the media making them look like they're obstinate (and in the case of the Freedom Caucus, a genuine feeling of powerlessness) rather than fear of blackmail. Second, the moment the people of any given Congressman's district feel like their guy is being targeted by the Feds, that's going to give the voters in that congressman's cherry-picked, gerrymandered district all the more reason to dig in.

It turned out nothing because thr RINOGOPe did not have the ba**to follow through. How can a banana republic be any more corrupt than this current gov't we live in today. Learn something about the real world especially DC where what you know is the most important weapon a politician has and since most are corrupt this plays out real well for the status quo to be preserved. You are not reading a comic book here and welcome to the ugly world of political corruption.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 12:13:31 am »
Expose theM on a local level. They are up for election every 2 years. Find out who their donors are and cross reference how they vote. Surprise what the results would be. Check out who supports their trips and who employs family members. Check out the book called Extortion by Schweizer ( spelling) and this info not hard to find out. Get the info out their in a local district and see what the locals think about their Corruption. Want Paul Ryan out do this in his district and expose his revenue sources from the omnibus bill and follow the money of his family. JMO.

Another strange rant. 

NOBODY CARES who the donors are, who supports their trips or who employs their family members.  There is NO CORRUPTION in having donors, taking trips or their family members working for a donor.  No campaign laws against any of that.

Paul Ryan is not making any money off the Omnibus bill.  He has a salary and that's ALL HE'S ALLOWED TO TAKE. 

After all the financial scandals of the Clintons, voters are dulled to all that corruption talk.  And most Congresspeople are clean as a whistle anyway, no matter what the conspiracy theorists think.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 12:57:35 am »

You see how much restraint I'm showing toward you Bigun?  I almost posted an image of a tube of Preparation H, but thought better of it.

Maybe you should think better of posting some of your bile.

Another day, another thread, another personal attack.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 12:59:43 am »
This is bizarre, even for you.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 01:23:29 am »

What is wrong with you?  Nobody can say something is bizarre when, in fact, it IS bizarre? 

Why don't you just ignore my posts? 

You remind every man of his first wife.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 01:34:07 am »
What is wrong with you?  Nobody can say something is bizarre when, in fact, it IS bizarre? 

Why don't you just ignore my posts? 

You remind every man of his first wife.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 01:43:53 am »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 01:51:20 am »
Bill Clinton was popular and he got impeached anyway.  So if Trump commits a high crime, he'll go down.

Trump is not going to win; this is all fantasy.

And what happened when billy was impeached?  Not a damn thing...
It was all noise and theater..

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2015, 01:53:34 am »
And what happened when billy was impeached?  Not a damn thing...
It was all noise and theater..

He didn't get convicted because of the Democrats.

Trump would be convicted easily,especially in a Republican Congress.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 10:52:47 am »

We get to vote them out every two years.   Just ask Eric Cantor how that works.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 11:18:28 am »
OK - so that's two you've managed to primary out in the last 4 years (whoever Cruz beat the pants off included!).

Only, what, 600 to go?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 11:52:49 am »
OK - so that's two you've managed to primary out in the last 4 years

True.  But with President Trump in the oval office there would be a coordinated effort.  This will be the game-changer.  ^-^

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2015, 11:57:37 am »
I really hope you are right. Not so much about President Trump - give me President Cruz, please! - but that conservatives will up their game and boot out the sleazebags. It shouldn't take too much - get a hundred solid, consistent conservatives in the House and 20 in the Senate and the rest of the sheep will go along to keep their faces in the trough.

And sorry for being a bit negative - just got a touch of the blues today.  :shrug:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »
I really hope you are right. Not so much about President Trump - give me President Cruz, please! - but that conservatives will up their game and boot out the sleazebags. It shouldn't take too much - get a hundred solid, consistent conservatives in the House and 20 in the Senate and the rest of the sheep will go along to keep their faces in the trough.

And sorry for being a bit negative - just got a touch of the blues today.  :shrug:

I think your right EC but.. :)
Our "leaders" (that's a joke) are so afraid of being called out on taking a position that they fear either a president Trump or Cruz will not hesitate to call out those that are stonewalling and will really support most anything that the president wants to do.  I can see T/C calling out the members of congress, regardless of party, for not representing their constituents..