Author Topic: Rubio misses spending bill vote  (Read 8981 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Rubio misses spending bill vote
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2015, 06:14:52 pm »
How exactly does a US Senator's stance on a national issue, impact the day-to-day governance of his home state?
[/quote

Rubio was Speaker of the FL House of Representatives before taking his Senate seat.  Secondly any legislation that is passed allowing immigration affects what happens here in FL and every border state; such as Texas, California, Arizona.  Does the Gang of Eight ring a bell to you?  He is supposed to represent  his constituents in Florida.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »
You mean by design. Correct?

Actually, what I meant was...Bigun inferred that sneaking in isn't the right way.  Waiting on a list for a half-dozen years is the right way.

To the illegal immigrant who won't go through the process...especially when they see that millions of their countrymen have successfully established themselves "in the shadows"...is just common sense.

Ergo...it's the "right way" to them.   Using the rule of law in this argument is baseless in fact.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2015, 06:28:56 pm »

Using the rule of law in this argument is baseless in fact.

Since when?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2015, 06:35:16 pm »
Since when?

Since 15,000,000 have demonstrated that said law is not only a sham, but a lightening rod for the Democrats who openly defy it in the name of winning support in the form on new voters and loyalists.

It doesn't mean I don't respect your thinking, or your stand on principle. 

But with this emigration tide rising against you going on fifteen years now....it does come across as a bit whiny.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2015, 06:38:16 pm »
Common sense says you have to provide a path toward citizenship.

It just can't happen before 2020.  Otherwise, kiss the USA goodbye as we know it.

A country where MeTV won't be allowed to show reruns of The Donna Reed Show because of their 'racist white privilege'

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2015, 06:40:16 pm »
Since 15,000,000 have demonstrated that said law is not only a sham, but a lightening rod for the Democrats who openly defy it in the name of winning support in the form on new voters and loyalists.

It doesn't mean I don't respect your thinking, or your stand on principle. 

But with this emigration tide rising against you going on fifteen years now....it does come across as a bit whiny.   :laugh:

Regardless of how whiney you, or anyone else for that matter, find it I will continue to stand up for the rule of law for so long as I continue to breathe!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2015, 06:41:45 pm »

It just can't happen before 2020.  Otherwise, kiss the USA goodbye as we know it.

A country where MeTV won't be allowed to show reruns of The Donna Reed Show because of their 'racist white privilege'

NO it doesn't! Doing that is a BIG slap in the face to the millions around the world who ARE standing in line to get in here the right way!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2015, 01:01:12 am »

No.  Common sense says you have to build a wall and secure our borders in order to have national security. Secondly those that are here illegally need to be deported with absolutely no chance ever at citizenship.  There should be no room in this country for those that break the law and common sense says not knowing who is in your country is inviting terrorism.  To give in to the millions of illegals here is rewarding criminals, terrorists, rapists, murders and those that what to commit jihad and common sense should tell you that is absolute lunacy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.