Author Topic: Marco Rubio Rumors Ramp Up (Multiple Infidelities)  (Read 13348 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Marco Rubio Rumors Ramp Up (Multiple Infidelities)
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2015, 08:31:58 pm »
You are correct, it goes both ways. But the problem is that it has went the other way for months, and now a couple of days of Rubio bashing and one poster has left and others are in a tizzy. Yet these same people have mocked Trump and their supporters for much much longer, and far worse than being called a 'Trump-hater'. Hate to tell them but the horse was out the barn door a long time ago.

And there is a legit point where someone becomes a hater. I hate Obama about as much as I can anybody, but even I have giving him credit for the couple of times I've agreed with him. Not so with Trump. I don't like what he does alot of the time either, but it's undeniable he's been raising issues that no other candidate will discuss. Give credit where credit is due despite what you think of the man. Trump-haters refuse to do that, because they seethe against him so much they cannot bring themselves to do it. THAT is a Trump-hater.

But it's went beyond Trump. Now it's come to, 'well I got my candidate so of course I'm going to attack all the others, this is a presidential race, get a thicker skin or another candidate if you can't handle it'. That is working a forum, a calculated strategy, which is the very thing I hated about FR. If you are passionate about something, OK then, but coordinated subterfuge is another thing entirely. To which I thought 'fine, let's play, see if you can take it.'

Well apparently not. And now I'm wondering just how many of those so hard against Trump are actually pro-Rubio and trying to co-opt the forum. I did this to make a point, and it's funny just how thin-skinned the anti-Trump Rubio supporters are.

I'm willing to play nice if everyone else is, and let's get back to what the forum used to be.

So you were posting anti-Rubio threads from questionable sources to make your point?  Isn't that 'subterfuge?'

At any rate, I want the forum to go back to decency as well, and while early on I said a few things about Trump supporters, I stopped doing that a long time ago, and really was attacked for supporting Rubio, when I'm just still thinking about supporting him.

My candidate was Walker.  He's gone.  I thought about Carson and Fiorina, but think they're not well enough prepared to be President.  I'm still glad they're in the race, though, because they add a dimension that I think is needed among conservatives.

I like Cruz a lot, but think he has some issues due to his reputation....... they can be overcome.  I don't believe all the bad stuff I read about Rubio because when one is avidly supporting one candidate, one is likely to try to 'dig up dirt' on another candidate that may not be entirely accurate.

The only candidate I will not consider, regardless of what he is bringing to the table (some think it's good.  I'm not sure any of it is), is Trump, and that is because of character issues.  I feel the same way about character as I did when Clinton was President.  Character matters.  Thus, no Trump.

I'm looking for the strongest conservative who is electable.  That may be Cruz.  That may be Rubio.  I'm still watching......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2015, 08:32:15 pm »

I'm willing to play nice if everyone else is, and let's get back to what the forum used to be.

Holy Yikes Yes!  Folks, we are most assuredly in this together. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »
I don't either.  And, I will support Trump with all my being should he become the Republican nominee.  For now however, there are still some things that need to play out before that happens.
 :patriot:

That's going to be hard for me (and I have conservative family members who absolutely will NOT support him), but I think it is deeply enough engrained in me to support the least damaging candidate.  And between Hillary and Donald, that's pretty obvious.

I can tell you though, that I am praying that it doesn't come to that.  We HAVE to be able to do better.

Time will tell............ and I'm waiting.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »
So you were posting anti-Rubio threads from questionable sources to make your point?  Isn't that 'subterfuge?'

At any rate, I want the forum to go back to decency as well, and while early on I said a few things about Trump supporters, I stopped doing that a long time ago, and really was attacked for supporting Rubio, when I'm just still thinking about supporting him.

My candidate was Walker.  He's gone.  I thought about Carson and Fiorina, but think they're not well enough prepared to be President.  I'm still glad they're in the race, though, because they add a dimension that I think is needed among conservatives.

I like Cruz a lot, but think he has some issues due to his reputation....... they can be overcome.  I don't believe all the bad stuff I read about Rubio because when one is avidly supporting one candidate, one is likely to try to 'dig up dirt' on another candidate that may not be entirely accurate.

The only candidate I will not consider, regardless of what he is bringing to the table (some think it's good.  I'm not sure any of it is), is Trump, and that is because of character issues.  I feel the same way about character as I did when Clinton was President.  Character matters.  Thus, no Trump.

I'm looking for the strongest conservative who is electable.  That may be Cruz.  That may be Rubio.  I'm still watching......

To make a point....yes. Called it a corollary to Rush Limbaugh's illustrating absurdity with absurdity. I thought it was better than going to Myst and asking people to be banned...

But I'm still wondering, why are things going so apopolectic now that Rubio is getting attacked, and yet why are the same some of Trump's biggest attackers? Sorry, but I don't like the pattern I'm seeing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2015, 08:49:42 pm »

But I'm still wondering, why are things going so apopolectic now that Rubio is getting attacked

Thanks for calming the noise. Please don't overthink the motives. Only one request is being made, make an effort to stop attacking one another.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2015, 09:37:09 pm »
Thanks for calming the noise. Please don't overthink the motives. Only one request is being made, make an effort to stop attacking one another.

We have hall monitors now?  When did this start?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2015, 09:44:27 pm »
We have hall monitors now?  When did this start?

Primary season + Trump = potential pandemonium.

Passions are running high. It's probably wise to tamp down potential conflicts....

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2015, 09:46:57 pm »
Primary season + Trump = potential pandemonium.

Passions are running high. It's probably wise to tamp down potential conflicts....

And we're hoping to win an election war?    :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2015, 09:50:04 pm »

And we're hoping to win an election war?    :whistle:

I know where you're coming from, and I sympathize.

My opinion is that myst is responsible for keeping order. Let's not make her job anymore difficult. I want TBR here for many years to come.  :patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2015, 10:21:26 pm »

My opinion is that myst is responsible for keeping order. Let's not make her job anymore difficult. I want TBR here for many years to come.  :patriot:

Amen!

You don't win wars by excessive 'friendly' fire.  (Speaking to myself as well as others).

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2015, 11:22:49 pm »

[/quote]

Amen brother!   :patriot:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2015, 02:28:00 am »
Right_in_Virginia asks:
"We have hall monitors now?  When did this start?"

"Mod1" ?
"Mod2" ?

Where did deze guys come from?

(...back home from the hospital!)

Offline aligncare

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2015, 02:36:49 am »
Right_in_Virginia asks:

"Mod1" ?
"Mod2" ?

Hope your stay was comfortable.

Yeah, the Mod Squad trying to keep everyone from tearing each other apart.

Primary season has a way of bringing out the best in everyone.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2015, 07:13:10 am »

Yep.
The Republic is lost.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2015, 07:57:17 am »
We all know here what happens during primaries on forums.

It can be an intense and nasty time for some.

I wouldn't trash our candidates too much here, because in the end we have to get behind the winner.

I too was a Walker fan in the beginning. I think he took bad advice from his campaign people.

Then I liked Carson, and still do, but he is way to timid to beat Hillary.

Don't let my nic and pics fool you. I am still watching this play out.

In years past, I would already be volunteering for a primary campaign, but not going to waste my time on this one.

I lean Cruz right now, that is subject to change, but i doubt it.  The reason I have trump/cruz in my tagline is,  IF trump gets the nomination, and he gives Cruz VP.
I could live with that, I think :pondering:

Now back to the  forum issues,

It is Christmas and during a primary year, Myst has a lot to do. She is becoming inundated with grandkids.. LOL
Anyway, try to remember that you guys here are friends, and unlike FR, TBR does not ban posters, for endorsing a candidate the owners do not like.

That is how we got started here, and most of you know that too :tongue2:

So everyone take a deep breath, enjoy the holidays, and stop demeaning others for their choices. :beer:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:59:02 am by Repub4Truz »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline aligncare

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2015, 01:06:15 pm »
We all know here what happens during primaries on forums.

It can be an intense and nasty time for some.

I wouldn't trash our candidates too much here, because in the end we have to get behind the winner.

I too was a Walker fan in the beginning. I think he took bad advice from his campaign people.

Then I liked Carson, and still do, but he is way to timid to beat Hillary.

Don't let my nic and pics fool you. I am still watching this play out.

In years past, I would already be volunteering for a primary campaign, but not going to waste my time on this one.

I lean Cruz right now, that is subject to change, but i doubt it.  The reason I have trump/cruz in my tagline is,  IF trump gets the nomination, and he gives Cruz VP.
I could live with that, I think :pondering:

Now back to the  forum issues,

It is Christmas and during a primary year, Myst has a lot to do. She is becoming inundated with grandkids.. LOL
Anyway, try to remember that you guys here are friends, and unlike FR, TBR does not ban posters, for endorsing a candidate the owners do not like.

That is how we got started here, and most of you know that too :tongue2:

So everyone take a deep breath, enjoy the holidays, and stop demeaning others for their choices. :beer:

Points well made and well taken.

Occasionally a refugee from TOS ends up here thinking the bad manners they left behind at FR are acceptable here; they are not. However, most long-timers here are generally respectful, even if occasionally emotions run high and get the better of them. As in all interpersonal relationships, apologies work just fine for patching things up.

May all your candidates fail except for Donald Trump. (C'mon, take a joke! LOL!)

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »
Right_in_Virginia asks:

"Mod1" ?
"Mod2" ?

How are you feeling?

Online libertybele

« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2015, 02:22:53 pm »
" So everyone take a deep breath, enjoy the holidays, and stop demeaning others for their choices." :beer:

Ted Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America!!   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »
Right_in_Virginia asks:
"How are you feeling?"

Doin' ok.
A little sore, but ok...  ;)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2015, 03:03:44 pm »
Right_in_Virginia asks:
"How are you feeling?"

Doin' ok.

Great news my friend! Take good care of yourself!

Merry Christmas!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2015, 03:16:52 pm »
Right_in_Virginia asks:
"How are you feeling?"

Doin' ok.

Good news!  Get some rest and watch old movies--right now old movies are better for the body than politics!    :beer:

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2015, 03:19:20 pm »

Thanks for the advice.  No worries--I'll continue to be my sweet, understanding self.   ^-^

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:44 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  No worries--I'll continue to be my sweet, understanding self.   ^-^

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald