Author Topic: Trump won' rule out database, special ID for Muslims  (Read 10681 times)

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Trump won' rule out database, special ID for Muslims
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2015, 01:02:08 am »

Wow, someone who hates Rubio trying to lie to defend the lord and savior Donald Trump...

Man, we should chill...how is that lie? That is a real, sourced piece of information...that supports what Myst found in her research.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:03:42 am by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2015, 01:05:39 am »

Make me.. You Trumpsters are just as bad as Obama supporters... 

Quod Erat Demonstrandum   (that's Latin, Kevin)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2015, 01:07:12 am »
Man, we should chill...how is that lie? That is a real, sourced piece of information...that supports what Myst found in her research.

For business reasons expressed, I would forgive Trump for voting for Obama in 2008.  For 2012?  NEVER!

Thank you, Myst, for researching it.    It didn't make sense.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2015, 01:08:30 am »
"The Muslims -- who love me, believe me -- will pay for their new tracking system. I'm a great negotiator. Also, I'm Presbyterian, and Muslims LOVE Presbyterians."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2015, 01:14:45 am »
No matter how much you gnash your teeth, grumble and scream, (kevy, baby) you cannot alter the trajectory of Trump's campaign success. Lashing out at other posters won't help either....

As it happens, I like Rubio, nice guy, wish him well. And I most definitely like Ted Cruz.

But, I also happen to think that Trump is the only sure bet to beat Hillary or any other looney Democrat they put up. And that is an opinion and I am entitled to it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2015, 01:17:57 am »
Quod Erat Demonstrandum   (that's Latin, Kevin)

"....that's Latin, doll!  Evidently Mr. Ringo here, is an educated man."   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2015, 01:20:56 am »

"....that's Latin, doll!  Evidently Mr. Ringo here, is an educated man."   

You bet your ass.  Self educated to boot.  Not bad for a redneck.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2015, 01:35:15 am »
argumentum ad ignorantiam

(appeal to ignorance) the fallacy that a proposition is true simply on the basis that it has not been proved false or that it is false simply because it has not been proved true. This error in reasoning is often expressed with influential rhetoric.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:38:19 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2015, 01:37:20 am »
SEMPER UBI SUB UBI.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2015, 01:41:05 am »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2015, 01:47:33 am »
"The Muslims -- who love me, believe me -- will pay for their new tracking system. I'm a great negotiator. Also, I'm Presbyterian, and Muslims LOVE Presbyterians."

...and it will be the biggest, most amazing tracking system you have ever seen. It will be glorious and gold plated. It will be such an amazing tracking system, people will want to convert to Islam just so they can get on the tracking system.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2015, 01:52:12 am »
I love the revisionist history on this point too - taking it from our modern "advanced" way of thinking.  None of us here know the fear created, particularly on the west coast, by Pearl Harbor.  We weren't there - we didn't feel it.  My parents told me that the fear was palpable daily.  There was no certainty at all about what the Japanese had the capability of doing and the west coast was in shock and terror.  When Roosevelt ordered that program, no one had the ability to judge it from the safety of decades or from the certain knowledge that we had won that war.  It is revisionist thinking based on the safety and security of absolute knowledge in the future.  I refuse to judge that generation harshly for that decision or for the decision to end the war with atomic bombs.  People DON'T know what the future holds and the best you can do in times of crisis is make your decisions based of the needs of the moment...not on the legacy as viewed from the safety of the future decades ahead.
My mother lived through that, as well as her parents. They were fairly staunch Republicans, not fans of FDA. But the war made everybody an American.

There were blackouts, to darken potential targets in Lost Angeles. There were submarine nets placed at the mouth of the LA/Long Beach Harbors and after the war the floats were stacked alongside PCH in Seal Beach for decades, for me to witness and remember as a landmark.

The Japanese shelled an oilfield north of Santa Barbara, called Ellwood.

A majority of Americans were horrified at Pearl Harbor, and not fond of the Japanese Americans, or worried over the inconvenience of internment. That mostly came AFTER THE FACT. My father worked building the Heart Mountain internment facility in Wyoming, before enlisting in the USMC at age 17.

I can state without reservation that the feelings of Japanese of any type was not a priority. Little known was the internment of smaller numbers of German and Italian identity people.

Had we interned Dr. Hassan, people would still be alive. Same for the Beltway snipers, same for the Boston Marathon bombers, etc.

People that say "we can't do that" don't have living memories of when we did do big things. For instance we occupied Germany AND we "vetted" everybody. It was called "denazification" to ensure dangerous people were not put into positions where they could do harm. Same went for Japan.

My opinion is we have lost some of our once vaunted "competence" as we dumb down tasks, expectations etc. Maybe the DHS could not vet potential refugees, but active duty soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines Coast guarders, National Guardsmen etc. could.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2015, 02:04:01 am »
We had Paris, times ten, in 2001 and nobody even remotely suggested IDing Muslim-American citizens.
It was discussed at the time, but ruled out.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2015, 02:06:25 am »
That was the first thing I thought of when reading the title of this thread. Glenn Beck has been warning us of the very real  possibility that we are being lead in the direction of fascism, all for the sake of national security. Fascism won't be forced on us, we will demand it out of a perceived necessity.    Prove me wrong. If we are not in danger of becoming a fascist state, then let me see Trump supporters say Trump is wrong on this one.   Anyone?
We did intern Japanese, German and Italian identity residents during WWII. It was only after the fact when we got squeamish about it.

But at the time it seemed perfectly fine for self-defense reasons. Oh, and we won that war--the last major war that we have won.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2015, 02:09:00 am »
Had we interned Dr. Hassan, people would still be alive. Same for the Beltway snipers, same for the Boston Marathon bombers, etc.

Yep and if the Dallas police had handcuffed Lee Harvey Oswald, JFK would have had a second term.

We have that nasty little thing called "due process"  and I'm glad we do.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2015, 02:10:44 am »
We did intern Japanese, German and Italian identity residents during WWII. It was only after the fact when we got squeamish about it.

But at the time it seemed perfectly fine for self-defense reasons. Oh, and we won that war--the last major war that we have won.

It seemed fine except, I'm sure, to the interned Japanese, Germans, and Italian AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Blacks also couldn't vote then.  It was a different time and good riddance to it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2015, 02:16:49 am »

Interesting stuff, ts.

Seeing the aftermath at Bataclan concert hall I don't know why anyone would support the resettlement of thousands of jihadis into America to form sleeper cells, and with instant messaging begin one huge coordinated attack, killing thousands of people across the states in shopping malls, theaters, train stations, schools, sporting events. Importing people sworn to this likely scenario is absolute insanity.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2015, 02:20:55 am »

That's because political correctness hadn't been invented yet and people still had some COMMON SENSE!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2015, 02:27:56 am »
That's because political correctness hadn't been invented yet and people still had some COMMON SENSE!

People have common sense now. With the web and social media, no government will get away with interning American citizens without cause and due process.

If you own a gun that you bought through a gun dealer, you should be very glad of that.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2015, 02:36:15 am »
People have common sense now. With the web and social media, no government will get away with interning American citizens without cause and due process.

If you own a gun that you bought through a gun dealer, you should be very glad of that.

"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."

Frank Lloyd Wright

I agree with him on that!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:36:47 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2015, 03:04:58 am »
Why not simply brand or tattoo everyone with an ID number.

Makes sense to me. Muslims get the lower numbers, Christians get the higher numbers.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2015, 03:12:16 am »
I prefer injecting every current illegal with a micro-GPS.....attached to a miniature explosive device at the base of their skull.

It could be detonated remotely.

Like the IEDs, they are so fond of in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

....just in case, say, they don't show up for a court hearing on their status, etc..    :whistle:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2015, 03:14:20 am »
I prefer injecting every current illegal with a micro-GPS.....attached to a miniature explosive device at the base of their skull.

It could be detonated remotely.

Like the IEDs, they are so fond of in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

....just in case, say, they don't show up for a court hearing on their status, etc..    :whistle:

I like this plan the best... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2015, 03:15:16 am »

:thumbsup3:      :hands:      :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2015, 03:15:41 am »
I like this plan the best... :smokin:

LOL!  Almost edited it to add a sarcasm tag!   You never know........    :laugh: