Author Topic: Trump: I’m Surprised There’s No One “More Conservative” Than Paul Ryan For Speaker  (Read 751 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump: I’m Surprised There’s No One “More Conservative” Than Paul Ryan For Speaker

“Im not thrilled, I’m not thrilled.”

Andrew Kaczynski

Donald Trump said Thursday he’s not thrilled with the idea of Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan being Speaker of the House and expressed shock that Republicans haven’t found a more conservative candidate.

“Im not thrilled, I’m not thrilled,” Trump said of Ryan on the John Fredericks Show. “Not easily, I mean it’s not that you are given a choice. Don’t forget that you have people in Washington, Republicans that are going to be making a choice, and it looks like he is going to be the one. You saw what happens this morning and it looks like he is going to be the one. And if you have to live with it, you have to live with it, John. We can’t go crazy. We can’t say oh gee, I refuse to show up, or I refuse to do something.”

Trump said Ryan was soft on immigration, the key issue of Trump’s campaign.

“Now he’s very, very weak on illegal immigration, I don’t like that, you know he’s an amnesty person, and you know I’m not thrilled with that,” said Trump. “Because you get amnesty and you do something wrong, you get amnesty, that’s not what we are all about. And other things that you mentioned. And at the same time, a very conservative group in Washington, that you like and that I like and you know it looks like they are backing him. You want to sort of have a group of people that are unified and they do need somebody.

“I’m a little surprised that somebody more conservative and tough, because they need some toughness, and smartness, and I’m a little surprised that somebody more conservative and tougher on the issues has not been chosen,” said Trump. “I’m a little surprised, actually.”

Trump’s views on Ryan have shifted between support and criticism in recent years.

more at:   http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-im-surprised-theres-no-one-more-conservative-and-tough#.iwxkLmkvOR

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

LOL!   Can we get a WTF from one of the usual suspects here?    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

LOL!   Can we get a WTF from one of the usual suspects here?    :whistle:

:silly:     :wtf!: :silly:

I agree with Trump. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

expressed shock that Republicans haven’t found a more conservative candidate.
Back atcha, Don. Oh, you're talking about Speaker of the House, not the White House. Never mind.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Back atcha, Don. Oh, you're talking about Speaker of the House, not the White House. Never mind.

Good one, mountain. Sharp as ever.  :beer:

Offline flowers

:silly:  I had to read that twice to get that!   :laugh:  Very good!   :patriot:  VERY GOOD!!!  :king:

Oceander

Trump told Fox And Friends in 2011, “Well, I think Boehner is doing a good job, but he’s trying to get the best number he can and it looks like he’s got the votes, but the really big one is going to be what Paul Ryan, who I think is also a terrific guy, just absolutely terrific, what he’s trying to do, that’s the long-term picture.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Good catch, but Trump said that 4 years ago.  Nobody cares what Trump said 10 months ago.  He Fights!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:29:59 am by Once-Ler »

Offline EdinVA

You hire people to do a job and give them the opportunity to be successful, the choice is theirs, and if they are not, find someone else.

The problem I had with Boehner was his myopic view of solving problems and he was never able to adapt or find alternative approaches to solving problems.
This is where the Dems have beat the conservatives to death.  If the Dems could not get something done following the rules, they simply changed the rules, if someone was in the way, the Dems found a way to to neutralize the obstacle.

Hopefully Ryan can learn and adapt, if not, we may be back here...

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm not sure who Trump or anyone else has in mind as being the most conservative House member, but his conservative credentials does not make him a good leader, or a take-charge person with principles, and that's what the GOP needs most. Somebody that can unite the stronger conservatives with the more moderate members and build a cohesive unit, a strong powerful majority that won't be pushed around.

And if Trump feels that strongly about Paul Ryan not being conservative enough, then why don't he suggest some names, rather than try to derail the process?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn