Author Topic: Donald Trump:  (Read 10199 times)

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Donald Trump:
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2015, 01:54:32 am »
Like the American Revolution?

I think the revolutions (various) in Eastern Europe were pretty good things.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2015, 01:59:23 am »
Revolutions never occur via the existing power structure.
Tantrums do occur via the existing power structure, but they have consequences.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2015, 02:01:34 am »
Did you miss the "mostly" part?   The American revolution was a conservative revolution..a very rare event.

Just teasing you.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2015, 02:10:19 am »
But the rules do allow for informed voters to agitate for change in leadership. Petition the government for redress, as it were. So, we and freedom caucus members are playing a vital role within the spirit and letter of our constitutional framework, to kick the bums out!
So far the only thing the freedom caucus has done has been to tear down the GOP.  A change for the sake of change is not a good thing.  A weakened Speaker helps the rats.  Put Webster in as Speaker and we will see true weakness. 

bkepley

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2015, 02:12:11 am »
I think the revolutions (various) in Eastern Europe were pretty good things.

I think a revolt against a foreign occupying power is not a revolution.  What Ghandi led was not a revolution for example.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2015, 02:12:48 am »
And it's a damn good thing too.  Revolutions are mostly bad things.
No most revolutions are a good thing in the long run of history.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2015, 02:13:50 am »
I think a revolt against a foreign occupying power is not a revolution.  What Ghandi led was not a revolution for example.

Those are very fine hairs to try splitting.

...Bob Dylan

bkepley

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2015, 02:17:52 am »
Those are very fine hairs to try splitting.

I don't think so.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2015, 02:20:03 am »
Boy, do the Pats have a chip on their shoulders or what?  They don't like it they've been branded cheaters (they are) and they resent being looked on as low class.  Hey, they win and win, but the Mafia used to win and win too.

Brady is the worst with his screaming and jumping up and down. They're gonna maul a lot of teams like they did Dallas. So why do they act so pissed off?

Julian Edelman on that 59 yard catch and run was incredible.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

bkepley

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2015, 02:30:13 am »
No most revolutions are a good thing in the long run of history.

Well the communist revolutions didn't turn out so well and I've pretty much given up hope that the Iranian revolution is for the best in the long run.  In fact I would say that revolution by violent hot-heads has been responsible for more death and destruction and evil government than anything else I can think of.

Godzilla

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 02:51:25 am »
Andy asks above:
[[ But essential questions remain: what is the proper response for "the people" to make - and toward what end? ]]

Perhaps it's time for this:

Andy continued:
[[ If you are angry about what is happening to our country, as many of us here assembled are, then I would reiterate my original position that such anger ought to be directed toward those most directly responsible for such a state of affairs, and that most likely does not include anyone reading these words.  ]]

Refer once more to above pic.

Are you advocating the violent overthrow of the U.S. Government?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 02:57:55 am »
I don't think so.

All revolutions are, by definition, overthrowing an established power (operating government) within a geographical area, whether or not that power emanates from within that area.  By your definition, the American Revolution was not a revolution.

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 03:07:41 am »
Ah, yes, the female Trump.

Oooo............. not a fair comparison, Sanguine.

Fiorina is bright, articulate and conservative.   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 03:09:02 am »
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out

Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're all doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait

Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright, al...

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You'd better free your mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

Don't you know know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright

Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright

Offline Carling

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2015, 06:19:16 am »
Are you advocating the violent overthrow of the U.S. Government?

How did you derive that as being the meaning of my post, Trollzilla?

Myst has lost control of this forum.  It's a shame.  This has been the most intelligent and honest community I've been a part of until Dexter, Godzilla, and bkwhatever started posting here.  It's an unreadable mess at present, and the personal insults are a shame.  Take back control of your board, Myst.  You're about to lose a lock if longtime users over a few trolls.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:25:29 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 10:20:19 am »

Myst has lost control of this forum.  It's a shame.  This has been the most intelligent and honest community I've been a part of until Dexter, Godzilla, and bkwhatever started posting here.  It's an unreadable mess at present, and the personal insults are a shame.  Take back control of your board, Myst.  You're about to lose a lock if longtime users over a few trolls.

Word!   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2015, 10:49:19 am »

There you go again hoping if you whine loudly enough  you can shut people up who challenge you. 

bkepley

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2015, 10:55:46 am »

Tell you what guys...if you can recommend a site less dominated by the Trump loving always whining far-right I will be happy to go there instead and you can have this forum all to yourselves as far as I'm concerned.  If not you should expect some opposition.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2015, 11:30:45 am »
1. Be prepared to play the long game.

2. It will take real strategy, not just electing a President

3. It will take sacrifices most aren't willing to make

4. It will not come by conventional thinking

5. It will require some ruthlessness

6. It will not be easy nor can it be done by one rogue lone gun

7. It will require everyone to be vigilant and take action to preserve and restore their freedom, it cannot be done by proxy

8. It will require a great deal of effort and money

Good start.
I think the real obstacles to righting the ship is getting honorable candidates, from both parties, not just ego driven jerks.
For example, I cannot believe the best that the democratic party has to offer is clinton and sanders but honorable people will not run for public office because of the media driven slander and mud and until that gets corrected, we are stuck with picking the best of two evils.

The other thing is, for example, who does Boehner work for?  The GOP, the voters in Ohio, the federal government, the president?
We have candidates that run on a platform to get elected then abandon that platform to "go along" with their party and the voters have no real recourse.
True, they have the vote but then we get back to the slander issue, who will run and who has the money to win?

Not an advocate of "revolution" but something must change or it will remain the same no matter how long we wait, no matter what sacrifices we make.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2015, 12:01:25 pm »
Oooo............. not a fair comparison, Sanguine.

Fiorina is bright, articulate and conservative.   :smokin:

Musiclady, I agree with the first two, but the third - no way has Carly suddenly become a conservative.  No more so than has Trump.  Neither are conservatives.

Godzilla

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2015, 01:31:14 pm »

I asked you if you support the violent overthrow of the US government as you posted "Revolutions never occur via the existing power structure."

You brought revolution into this thread.  Revolutions tend to be violent. Revolutions tend to overthrow the existing government.

And you didn't answer the question.  It's should be an easy question to answer.  Do you support the violent overthrow of the US government?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:42:32 pm by Godzilla »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2015, 01:35:49 pm »
Musiclady, I agree with the first two, but the third - no way has Carly suddenly become a conservative.  No more so than has Trump.  Neither are conservatives.

I'm not so sure about that.  It's what is being said about her, but the proof is pretty thin.

Beck (no liberal) has been interviewing, studying and analyzing her positions, and he, while disagreeing with her on some issues, doesn't think she's a liberal.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2015, 01:37:22 pm »
I am serious about reducing the insults here...and it doesn't help referring to other members as trolls.

Have I lost contol of TBR..maybe...silly me thought members here were adult enough to self police and control yourselves without me or a MOD interfering......my mistake.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2015, 01:38:20 pm »
I am serious about reducing the insults here...and it doesn't help referring to other members as trolls.

Have I lost contol of TBR..maybe...silly me thought members here were adult enough to self police and control yourselves without me or a MOD interfering......my mistake.

MOST of us are, mystery......    :shrug:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 02:12:49 pm »

Thanks for the advice Carling...is that your complete list of members I should ban?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34