Author Topic: Your candidate, did he...  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Your candidate, did he...
« on: September 15, 2015, 07:49:13 am »

for libertybele :beer:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Your candidate, did he...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 12:01:53 pm »
Thank you.  I knew who he was after I read the first two sentences.  He has stood up for the Constitution and conservatism time and time again. He publicly called McConnell exactly what he is ... a liar and told people why.  He went on record stating and pointing out the corruption in Congress.  That speech on the Senate floor brought tears to my eyes.  Someone actually had the courage to come forward and to publicly state what most of us know is going on in Washington. His voting record and actions speak for themselves.  He is working to stop the Washington cartel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWgFoVI4JU

Again, I would encourage everyone to read his book "A Time for Truth, Reigniting the Hope For America."  The book is available at your local library or you can purchase the book from his website.

Ted Cruz 2016!

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:16:09 pm »
Thank you.  I knew who he was after I read the first two sentences.  He has stood up for the Constitution and conservatism time and time again. He publicly called McConnell exactly what he is ... a liar and told people why.  He went on record stating and pointing out the corruption in Congress.  That speech on the Senate floor brought tears to my eyes.  Someone actually had the courage to come forward and to publicly state what most of us know is going on in Washington. His voting record and actions speak for themselves.  He is working to stop the Washington cartel.

Again, I would encourage everyone to read his book "A Time for Truth, Reigniting the Hope For America."  The book is available at your local library or you can purchase the book from his website.

Ted Cruz 2016!

His pedigree is outstanding! His attraction to a broad swath of the general electorate--after a year of a brutal mainstream media anal exam? That's the hurdle.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:44:44 pm »
His pedigree is outstanding! His attraction to a broad swath of the general electorate--after a year of a brutal mainstream media anal exam? That's the hurdle.

Oh, I hear you.  Right now, Trump is keeping the MSM off his back.  However, against all odds he became a U.S. Senator.  That story in itself is remarkable.  He is definitely anti-establishment (he is hated by both sides).  They know he would shake up Washington with a fervor never seen before.  It's not so much the general electorate but the GOPe and RNC that would love to see him fail.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 12:55:45 pm »
Oh, I hear you.  Right now, Trump is keeping the MSM off his back.  However, against all odds he became a U.S. Senator.  That story in itself is remarkable.  He is definitely anti-establishment (he is hated by both sides).  They know he would shake up Washington with a fervor never seen before.  It's not so much the general electorate but the GOPe and RNC that would love to see him fail.

Word.

Why is it that in the modern era of party politics the good ones are always overlooked while sleaze and mediocrity is rewarded and promoted to congressional leadership? in BOTH parties! Reid and McConnell come to mind.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 01:25:18 pm »
Word.

Why is it that in the modern era of party politics the good ones are always overlooked while sleaze and mediocrity is rewarded and promoted to congressional leadership? in BOTH parties! Reid and McConnell come to mind.

Why?  Massive corruption. money, and people voting for party and who they think can win rather than the best candidate.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 01:37:13 pm »
I love Ted Cruz!   LOVE HIM!  Do you hear that, Sinkspur?   Cause we know you don't like him either.

That said, the MSM has already successfully made mince meat out of him.

Donald Trump has shown the way for future GOP leaders on how to handle negative attacks.

It may well be TRUMP/CRUZ before this is all finished.

Just wish somebody would tell the 'genius' that Brylcream went out of style about 40 years ago.   Or, that they invented shampoo. 

TED....it's not attractive.  It's sleazy and unbecoming.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 01:50:43 pm »
I love Ted Cruz!   LOVE HIM!  Do you hear that, Sinkspur?   Cause we know you don't like him either.

That said, the MSM has already successfully made mince meat out of him.

Donald Trump has shown the way for future GOP leaders on how to handle negative attacks.

It may well be TRUMP/CRUZ before this is all finished.

Just wish somebody would tell the 'genius' that Brylcream went out of style about 40 years ago.   Or, that they invented shampoo. 

TED....it's not attractive.  It's sleazy and unbecoming.

Cruz himself admits to not being attractive.  In referring to his kids; "Fortunately, both girls look like their mother". I certainly don't see his hair that way at all, but maybe he has some wild cowlicks. Ha!  You make me chuckle....Cruz and Trump running together.  They would probably put a whole bunch of knickers in a twist because of their hair.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 02:07:22 pm »
Cruz himself admits to not being attractive.  In referring to his kids; "Fortunately, both girls look like their mother". I certainly don't see his hair that way at all, but maybe he has some wild cowlicks. Ha!  You make me chuckle....Cruz and Trump running together.  They would probably put a whole bunch of knickers in a twist because of their hair.

Trump had a private lunch with Cruz last month, didn't he?   Down South, somewhere....

"You don't attack me and I'll reciprocate.   We can do great things together.   Why....I may even resign the Office for health reasons or something".

If it's a TRUMP/CRUZ ticket, somebody will need to check on my buddy Sinkspur.  Buy him an electric shaver, and lock up the knives in the kitchen, etc..

Just kidding, Sink.   If you were ever in trouble, I'd be the first one here to get down to Texas to offer my help.  Luv you, man!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »

DC is not the first person I have heard mention a problem with Cruz's appearance. His look never bothered me though.

But, again, I think Cruz is by far smarter than any of the other candidates and would be a godsend for the presidency. I just worry that if he were at the top of the ticket it would be impossible for him to be elected president.

Now, a Trump/Cruz ticket might just be the ticket to save America. Think of it! Sixteen years of shaking up the Washington establishment!!!!!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 02:24:17 pm »
I do think Trump and Cruz have a special relationship.  I would love to see Cruz on the ticket in either position.  I think Cruz is brilliant and smart enough to see his path to victory in the end.  I admire Ted Cruz greatly.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 02:35:54 pm »
I do think Trump and Cruz have a special relationship.  I would love to see Cruz on the ticket in either position.  I think Cruz is brilliant and smart enough to see his path to victory in the end.  I admire Ted Cruz greatly.

I watched the Cruz and Trump rally on Iran and I do feel that though they have some stark differences they did seem to compliment each other.  They both have backbone, enormous energy, speak with passion and both are more than capable of leading this country and taking it in a positive direction. Let's face it.  If either one of them had been president we certainly wouldn't have seen a nuke deal with Iran take place and certainly the issues of illegal immigration and Obamacare would be resolved.  Neither one of them would play games with the Washington cartel and I can certainly imagine a Cruz/Trump ticket or Trump/Cruz ticket.  In fact that idea is growing on me. Washington would never be the same!   :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 02:42:40 pm »
I watched the Cruz and Trump rally on Iran and I do feel that though they have some stark differences they did seem to compliment each other.  They both have backbone, enormous energy, speak with passion and both are more than capable of leading this country and taking it in a positive direction. Let's face it.  If either one of them had been president we certainly wouldn't have seen a nuke deal with Iran take place and certainly the issues of illegal immigration and Obamacare would be resolved.  Neither one of them would play games with the Washington cartel and I can certainly imagine a Cruz/Trump ticket or Trump/Cruz ticket.  In fact that idea is growing on me. Washington would never be the same!   :patriot:

Yeah, but, Trump is older and his ego is bigger than his financial empire. He would never take a backseat to anyone. Cruz needs a few more years under his belt.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 02:58:49 pm »
Yeah, but, Trump is older and his ego is bigger than his financial empire. He would never take a backseat to anyone. Cruz needs a few more years under his belt.

Without a doubt.  Cruz has an ego as well, but in a more humble way (if that makes any sense) and though he has raised more hard money than most candidates,  I just don't think this country has a few more years.  In fact, I'm hoping we make it to the next election; and yes, I am dead serious.  Ted Cruz's time is now...and if it takes Trump to get him there I would welcome it.  Trump will lead this country in a positive direction, that I have no doubt.  Trump would gain our respect again around the globe again and certainly we wouldn't be seeing him playing nicey with the Middle East or Russia. Cruz has the political background and Constitutional law experience needed to turn this country around.  Yes, I'm definitely starting to imagine the two together.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 03:00:27 pm »
Cruz has the best resume of any of the candidates in my opinion.   I trust him the most.  I wish he would have championed the fight against illegal immigration sooner and discarded his plan on H1B visas.  Nevertheless, he should be much higher in the polls.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 03:24:24 pm »
We're in agreement here about Cruz and Trump. A few other candidates could also fill the bill. I like Walker's emphasis on ridding us of government unions. I like Carly Fiorina because we need strong women in GOP leadership.

There is so much to do and so little time left.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 06:05:37 pm »
We're in agreement here about Cruz and Trump. A few other candidates could also fill the bill. I like Walker's emphasis on ridding us of government unions. I like Carly Fiorina because we need strong women in GOP leadership.

There is so much to do and so little time left.

We have a lot of great candidates provided that they don't fall behind because of lack of funds.  Bush has the money to hang in there regardless of how lousy he does in the polls.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 06:29:09 pm »
We have a lot of great candidates provided that they don't fall behind because of lack of funds.  Bush has the money to hang in there regardless of how lousy he does in the polls.

That is my biggest worry. Perry is out - mainly through lack of funds, though I will admit he did have a couple problematic areas. Walker is getting low on funds by the looks of things. Fiorina, I honestly don't know how her cash reserve is, same with Cruz.

All three of those have to really shine tomorrow. I have no worries about Cruz shining once he gets hold of the mic. I expect Fiorina to wind up with a bit more time on than average, for the "novelty" value if nothing else. Walker though - h's going to have a tough row to hoe.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 06:57:45 pm »
That is my biggest worry. Perry is out - mainly through lack of funds, though I will admit he did have a couple problematic areas. Walker is getting low on funds by the looks of things. Fiorina, I honestly don't know how her cash reserve is, same with Cruz.

All three of those have to really shine tomorrow. I have no worries about Cruz shining once he gets hold of the mic. I expect Fiorina to wind up with a bit more time on than average, for the "novelty" value if nothing else. Walker though - h's going to have a tough row to hoe.

Cruz, has raised more "hard cash" than any other candidate and has raised over $51 million.  Fiorina has raised only approximately $1.4 million, but she herself is worth $59 million while Cruz's net worth is only $2.5 million.

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 08:23:45 pm »

Ted Cruz 2016!

I ask you libertybele did Cruz give a reason to vote for the Corker bill on Iran?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 08:40:56 pm »
Thought I had answered this, but perhaps in a different thread.

..."    WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, released the following statement regarding votes on the Iran Nuclear Review Act:

“This bill was a missed opportunity. If Congress had acted to defend our constitutional authority – if Congress had adopted the Cruz-Toomey amendment – then we would be able to stop a bad Iran deal. Instead, the odds are now overwhelming that under these ground rules President Obama will negotiate, and Congress will acquiesce to, a terrible deal that allows Iran to acquire nuclear weapons and will endanger the lives of millions of Americans and our allies.

“I voted no on cloture because we should have insisted on amendments to put real teeth in this bill. Ultimately, I voted yes on final passage because it may delay, slightly, President Obama’s ability to lift the Iran sanctions and it ensures we will have a Congressional debate on the merits of the Iran deal. I will continue to lead the fight to prevent the Islamic Republic of Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons and to protect the national security of America and our allies.”...

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-why-i-voted-yes-for-corker-iran-bill/#ixzz3lqGQx7kM

http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-why-i-voted-yes-for-corker-iran-bill/

Offline flowers

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 08:50:58 pm »
Thought I had answered this, but perhaps in a different thread.

..."    WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, released the following statement regarding votes on the Iran Nuclear Review Act:

“This bill was a missed opportunity. If Congress had acted to defend our constitutional authority – if Congress had adopted the Cruz-Toomey amendment – then we would be able to stop a bad Iran deal. Instead, the odds are now overwhelming that under these ground rules President Obama will negotiate, and Congress will acquiesce to, a terrible deal that allows Iran to acquire nuclear weapons and will endanger the lives of millions of Americans and our allies.

“I voted no on cloture because we should have insisted on amendments to put real teeth in this bill. Ultimately, I voted yes on final passage because it may delay, slightly, President Obama’s ability to lift the Iran sanctions and it ensures we will have a Congressional debate on the merits of the Iran deal. I will continue to lead the fight to prevent the Islamic Republic of Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons and to protect the national security of America and our allies.”...

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-why-i-voted-yes-for-corker-iran-bill/#ixzz3lqGQx7kM

http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-why-i-voted-yes-for-corker-iran-bill/
OK...thank you so much for the info.

Godzilla

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 10:58:23 pm »
My pick for Vice-President made Superman *KNEEL* before him.

Godzilla/Zod 2016
Kickin' @$$ and taking names!

---

Therefore, I win.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 01:08:57 am »
I'd just as soon see "Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Cruz" as much as "President Cruz" ... he's young and could give a lifetime of good service there.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:56:06 am by Fishrrman »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 01:29:58 am »
I would be so incredibly happy with that! Talk about using a guy's strengths for the benefit of the country.

He'd be a shoe in for confirmation as well - the Senate would be glad to be shot of him ....  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink