Author Topic: Ben Carson says we need a guest worker program because Americans JUST WON’T WORK harder JOBS  (Read 1321 times)

Offline flowers

http://therightscoop.com/ben-carson-says-we-need-a-guest-worker-program-because-americans-just-wont-work-harder-jobs/

In this interview with Greta on Fox News, Ben Carson explained why he thought Trump’s “deport em all” policy was unworkable and why a guest worker program makes more sense.

Watch below:

Offline flowers

I would have posted the video, don't know how to post the youtube here.

Offline kevindavis007

Carson is right.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Carson is right.
So we have millions of no-skilled young blacks, but they won't do the only work they are qualified to do?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

This is what Ben Carson told the Washington Times Time about his position on it, and I agree with him.   

A national guest worker program makes sense and seems to work well in Canada. Non-citizens would have to apply for a guest worker permit and have a guaranteed job awaiting them. Taxes would be paid at a rate commensurate with other U.S. workers, and special visas would allow for easy entry and egress across borders. Guest worker status would be granted to individuals and not to groups. People already here illegally could apply for guest worker status from outside the country. This means they would have to leave first. They should in no-way be rewarded for having broken our laws… 
 When they return they still would not be U.S. citizens, but they would be legal, and they would be paying taxes. ONLY jobs that are vacant as a result of a lack of interest by American citizens should be eligible for the guest worker program. Washington Times, June 18, 2014
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

Carson is right.
Half right, maybe, as anyone who has seen Mike Rowe's show "Dirty Jobs" can attest. There still are people in the USA who will do whatever hard job has to be done. Far more, however, would rather sit back and take it easy at everyone else's expense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

This is what Ben Carson told the Washington Times Time about his position on it, and I agree with him.   

A national guest worker program makes sense and seems to work well in Canada. Non-citizens would have to apply for a guest worker permit and have a guaranteed job awaiting them. Taxes would be paid at a rate commensurate with other U.S. workers, and special visas would allow for easy entry and egress across borders. Guest worker status would be granted to individuals and not to groups. People already here illegally could apply for guest worker status from outside the country. This means they would have to leave first. They should in no-way be rewarded for having broken our laws… 
 When they return they still would not be U.S. citizens, but they would be legal, and they would be paying taxes. ONLY jobs that are vacant as a result of a lack of interest by American citizens should be eligible for the guest worker program. Washington Times, June 18, 2014

I agree with him as well, as long as the necessary preconditions for such a program include the implementation of secure border enforcement and the deportation of illegal aliens who have committed felonies.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

No program that requires illegals to leave the country in order to apply for anything will work.  They know that there are 11 million here, and there is simply no way employers will fire the ones they have working now, nor do we have the law enforcement manpower to enforce such a provision. 

That's why Trump's idea is so stupid. Herding people on buses and driving them out of the country is not even physically possible, much less something the American people would put up with.

No go, Ben. Nice try, but you're not going to get people who've been here for 20 years to pick up and leave.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

bkepley

No program that requires illegals to leave the country in order to apply for anything will work.  They know that there are 11 million here, and there is simply no way employers will fire the ones they have working now, nor do we have the law enforcement manpower to enforce such a provision. 

That's why Trump's idea is so stupid. Herding people on buses and driving them out of the country is not even physically possible, much less something the American people would put up with.

No go, Ben. Nice try, but you're not going to get people who've been here for 20 years to pick up and leave.

Well like the movie that said "life will find a way" money will find a way and there will always be migrant workers and illegals.  I do think that it is time for the sucessful countries to stop being a pressure release for the unsucessful countries and not to mention the security problem.

Offline sinkspur

Well like the movie that said "life will find a way" money will find a way and there will always be migrant workers and illegals.  I do think that it is time for the sucessful countries to stop being a pressure release for the unsucessful countries and not to mention the security problem.

No country that wants to remain a country can have open borders. But that's what we have, and people from Mexico and Central America will continue to flood across. 

I had my house painted outside last week.  Four Hispanic guys, only one spoke English.  They got here at 8, worked til dark, even worked on Saturday. And, since I bought them lunch a couple of times, they did a little extra that I asked them to do that wasn't in the contract I signed with their boss. Good guys. All of them.

This is why most Americans are so ambivalent about immigration.  They've had a house painted, or a roof repaired, or a lawn mowed, or a house cleaned,  or some work done around their house or a neighbor has.  They see how hard these people work. 

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

bkepley

No country that wants to remain a country can have open borders. But that's what we have, and people from Mexico and Central America will continue to flood across. 

I had my house painted outside last week.  Four Hispanic guys, only one spoke English.  They got here at 8, worked til dark, even worked on Saturday. And, since I bought them lunch a couple of times, they did a little extra that I asked them to do that wasn't in the contract I signed with their boss. Good guys. All of them.

This is why most Americans are so ambivalent about immigration.  They've had a house painted, or a roof repaired, or a lawn mowed, or a house cleaned,  or some work done around their house or a neighbor has.  They see how hard these people work.

They work damn hard and the farmers around here would pay at least 50% more for mexican migrants over anglos.  The whole "slavery" BS that is now being repeated by the "right" is just BS.