Author Topic: Donald Trump was tricked into thanking U.K. Labour Party’s new left-wing leader  (Read 376 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/12/donald-trump-was-tricked-into-thanking-u-k-labour-partys-new-left-wing-leader/

Jeremy Corbyn, a longtime left-wing Labour politician, won his party's leadership contest in a landslide vote this morning. And Donald Trump accidentally congratulated him. Into his endless timeline of compliments and insults came a sincere-looking comment from @HamishP95, a self-described Labour Party member with a couple hundred followers. Trump retweeted it.

"@HamishP95: @realDonaldTrump My Dad is thinking of voting for the first time ever for you. pic.twitter.com/1u9qi8qUPc" Great.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 12, 2015

The historically successful troll, who has previously joke-retweeted Trump, declared total victory.

I have ruined an election campaign

— Hamish (@HamishP95) September 12, 2015

I AM CLICKBAIT https://t.co/z9uB8AH5Ku

— Hamish (@HamishP95) September 12, 2015

He pulled it off because Corbyn's campaign, the political story of the summer in Britain, has gotten little attention in the United States. That won't last. Corbyn, a far-left Labour politician who has represented part of London for 32 years, entered the party's post-defeat leadership contest to provide an alternative to three candidates perceived as bland and moderate.

Oceander

But Trump is just the winningest, smartingest, winningest, stick-it-in-your-faceiest guy!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

But Trump is just the winningest, smartingest, winningest, stick-it-in-your-faceiest guy!

Conservatives always get tricked into voting this way or that way.  It is always someone else's fault.

I'm fine with that, as long as they don't say other stupid things like " I think...." or "I'm really smart."