Author Topic: NY Mag: Mitt Romney’s Contempt for Trump Gets Him Up in the Bullpe  (Read 691 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/01/ny-mag-mitt-romneys-contempt-for-trump-gets-him-up-in-the-bullpen/

by Breitbart News1 Sep 20153,262
Mitt Romney is disappointed by the Republican establishment’s inability to take out Donald Trump–which may pull him into a more active role in the 2016 presidential primary, reports Gabriel Sherman.

From New York Magazine:

As Donald Trump continues to dominate the Republican presidential race, frustration and panic have become high enough to make some inside the party Establishment pine for a candidate they roundly rejected as recently as January: Mitt Romney. Romney himself has become one of Trump’s most vocal detractors inside the party. “He’s someone to whom civility means a lot. The whole Trump thing really bothers him,” a close Romney adviser told me — and some Romney-ites are only too happy to talk up the prospect of their man jumping into the race if the Establishment fails to stop Trump, whose support in Iowa and New Hampshire is currently greater than Jeb Bush’s, Scott Walker’s, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)’s, Chris Christie’s, and John Kasich’s combined.

“Mitt wants to run. He never stopped wanting to run,” a senior member of his 2012 team told me. Other Romney-ites, watching this cycle’s candidates falling short, feel a sense of vindication after all the attacks they endured after Romney’s failed 2012 bid. “These guys like Walker and Perry, they were big deals in their states, but you get them onto the national stage and it’s a different story,” a former Romney adviser told me. “It’s like they were in middle school, and now they’re freshmen in high school and they’re getting their faces slammed in the toilets.” Another former Romney adviser complained about Bush’s decision not to go all-in on New Hampshire, a state a moderate must win. “Romney did 100 town halls in New Hampshire from announcement to the primary. It’s madness. Bush has done only 23.”

In reality, the prospect of Romney jumping back into the race at this late date remains exceedingly slim — he’s made no visible signs of reassembling his political operation. But he may be able to influence the race more indirectly from the perch he’s begun carving out for himself as party elder.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: NY Mag: Mitt Romney’s Contempt for Trump Gets Him Up in the Bullpe
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:40:00 am »
Mitt was and is a gentleman and all you who ridicule such can bleep my rebel bleep.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:47:31 pm »
Mittens three time loser, Enough said??? had his chance but no Ball* and typical RINO.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 06:53:14 pm »
Mitt was and is a gentleman and all you who ridicule such can bleep my rebel bleep.

He is a gentleman, someone who has a deep understanding of macro-economic issues and a patriot.

He just doesn't have the right "stuff" to win a national election in the second decade of the 21st century.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:06:51 pm »
I would absolutely love seeing Romney in the race.  The more RINOS splitting the left wing GOP vote, the better.   Please run Romney!  The Donor Class needs you!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 08:07:22 pm by MBB1984 »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »
I would absolutely love seeing Romney in the race.  The more RINOS splitting the left wing GOP vote, the better.   Please run Romney!  The Donor Class needs you!

Good point split the donar class and bring it down to Trump, Cruz, Carson and Mittens. Want to bet Trump will make him CRY on National TV or at least get that silly smirk on his face saying I deserve this because I lost once to the worse POTUS EVER. :thud:

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 08:19:31 pm »
I never would say Mitt wasn't a gentleman he is. I also know he can't win and being a gentleman is not a requirement for running I would hope character would be but look who we have for president now. I would never in a million years vote again for Mitt in any election even a primary.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 08:25:24 pm »
Mitt had missed much of the tumultuous American anti-Vietnam War movement while away in France. Upon his return, it surprised him to learn that his father had joined the movement during his unsuccessful 1968 presidential campaign.[31] George was now serving in President Richard Nixon's cabinet as United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. In a June 1970 newspaper profile of children of cabinet members, Mitt said that U.S. involvement in the war had been misguided – "If it wasn't a political blunder to move into Vietnam, I don't know what is" – but supported Nixon's ongoing Cambodian Incursion as a sincere attempt to bring the war to a conclusion.[47] During the U.S. military draft for the Vietnam War, Romney sought and received two 2-S student deferments, then a 4-D ministerial deferment while living in France as a Mormon missionary. He later sought and received two additional student deferments.[26][48] When those ran out, the result of the December 1969 draft lottery ensured he would not be selected.[26][48][49]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney

So, Romney is a wealthy business man and was a draft dodger also but that is ok?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 02:30:38 am »
Not Mitt.

Not again.

No way.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 02:35:05 am »

Yes he is.  Unfortunately, he pulled too many punches.

As far as running goes, I don't think he should run this time around (yes, I know Reagan ran unsuccessfully in 1976 before running successfully in 1980).  Instead, if he wants to be involved he should be working behind the scenes to do what he can to move things forward and get the message out.  He should be applying to the business of getting someone elected all the skills he learned at Bain Capital about getting failing businesses turned around.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 02:44:14 am »
He is a gentleman, someone who has a deep understanding of macro-economic issues and a patriot.

He just doesn't have the right "stuff" to win a national election in the second decade of the 21st century.

No one here beat the drum for Mitt more than I did. But I'm not sure. His entry would be an interesting contrast to the front runner, Trump. Who could win? Good cop or bad cop? Civility or trash talk? Manners or rudeness? My heart yearns for the good old days of civility and common courtesy. But my head says a streetfighter is what's needed in this battle with the forces of insanity (democrats).