Author Topic: Republicans taunt Hillary with her 2003 claim she was 'adamantly against illegal immigrants' just days after she tells a group of them that Obama's orders are 'just the beginning' and she will 'go even further'  (Read 335 times)

rangerrebew

Republicans taunt Hillary with her 2003 claim she was 'adamantly against illegal immigrants' just days after she tells a group of them that Obama's orders are 'just the beginning' and she will 'go even further'

Hillary Clinton told a radio host 12 years ago that 'I am, you know, adamantly against illegal immigrants'
    'People have to stop employing illegal immigrants,' she said in 2003, during the third year of her US Senate tenure
    But this week she told a room full of illegal-immigrant millennials that President Obama's deportation deferrals are 'just the beginning'
    'As president I would do everything possible under the law to go even further,' she pledged
    Republican Party is gleefully distributing the audio, declaring that 'Hillary Clinton's hypocrisy knows no bounds'

By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com

Published: 12:00 EST, 7 May 2015 | Updated: 02:09 EST, 24 May 2015

The Republican Party has caught a break in the early stages of the 2016 election's Battle Royale over immigration, with a 12-year-old audio clip that shows Hillary Clinton sounding like today's Ted Cruz.

'I am, you know, adamantly against illegal immigrants,' Clinton told the John Gambling Radio Show in February 2003, when she was in her third year as a U.S. senator.

'Certainly we’ve got to do more at our borders,' she added. 'And people have to stop employing illegal immigrants.'

On Tuesday in Las Vegas, however, Hillary told a room full of high school-age illegal immigrants that if she becomes America's next president, 'I will fight for comprehensive immigration reform and a path to citizenship.'

Family: Clinton's husband Bill was the 42nd President of the United States. Their daughter Chelsea is marreid to investment banker Marc Mezvinsky, whose mother was a one-term Pennsylvania congresswoman in the 1990s.

Claim to fame: Clinton was the first US first lady with a postgraduate degree and presaged Obamacare with a failed attempt at health care reform in the 1990s.

Achilles heel: A long series of financial and ethical scandals has dogged Clinton, including recent allegations that her husband and their family foundation benefited financially from decisions she made as secretary of state. And her performance surrounding the 2012 terror attack on a State Department facility in Benghazi, Libya, has been catnip for conservative Republicans.

'For me,' she said, 'this is about what kind of people we all are and what kind of country we have. And I am absolutely convinced that this is in our economic interest, it’s in the interest of our values and it’s even in the interest of our long term security as a nation.'

'So you know where I stand and there can be no question about it because I will do everything I can as president and during this campaign to make this case.'

The Republican National Committee gleefully distributed a 30-second audio clip on Thursday that it said were Hillary's comments from 2003. A spokesman said the party did not have a more complete recording of the radio interview.

'That’s all the audio I have,' RNC deputy press secretary James Hewitt said in an email. 'You'll have to reach out to John Gambling to see if he has more information.'

But the GOP was quick to pile on Mrs. Clinton with accusations of flip-floppery.

'Hillary Clinton’s hypocrisy knows no bounds,' RNC national press secretary Allison Moore said.

'As a presidential candidate Hillary will say anything to get elected,' Moore claimed, 'but as a senator she was singing a different tune and voted to essentially kill immigration reform.'

'This is just another example of why the American people cannot trust Hillary Clinton to care about the issues important to them, as she only really cares about what is most beneficial to her politically.'

Clinton's campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3072357/Republicans-taunt-Hillary-2003-claim-adamantly-against-illegal-immigrants-just-days-tells-illegal-immigrants-Obama-s-immigration-orders-just-beginning-wants-further.html#ixzz3kCD1lpHB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook