Author Topic: Boehner begins August fundraising golfing with Donald Trump  (Read 2260 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Boehner begins August fundraising golfing with Donald Trump
« on: August 20, 2015, 02:58:17 am »

Diving headfirst into his annual August fundraising spree, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) spent Tuesday golfing with business mogul Donald Trump in New Jersey.

In addition to their politics, the two men share an affinity for golf. Last fall, Trump donated $100,000 to the Congressional Leadership Fund, a super PAC closely tied to Boehner. He recently sang the speaker's praises in the National Review calling Boehner a "terrific guy" with the "right temperament." ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2013/08/06/boehner-begins-august-fundraising-golfing-with-donald-trump/?postshare=221440023482332

Just to point out, :baghead: makes himself all things to all people.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Boehner begins August fundraising golfing with Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:37:22 am »
He recently sang the speaker's praises in the National Review calling Boehner a "terrific guy" with the "right temperament." In 2011, he told Fox News the speaker was doing a "good job" in budget negotiations.

WHAT!!!  Trump paling around with the establishment?!?

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 03:39:42 am »
He recently sang the speaker's praises in the National Review calling Boehner a "terrific guy" with the "right temperament." In 2011, he told Fox News the speaker was doing a "good job" in budget negotiations.

Good point.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 03:43:12 am »

Mr. Establishment meets Mr. Establishment.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 03:54:59 am »
This was August 2013, two years ago.  Right?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 03:59:57 am »

ABSOLUTELY!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 05:37:24 am »

ABSOLUTELY!

Oh jeez.  I did it again.  I forgot it doesn't matter that crony capitalist Trump bought off Boehner 2 years ago with a $100,000 donation.  Why should it?  He bought off Hitlery with a $100,000 donation too, but that was before he was running for President.

But this guy is gonna fix the problem right conservatives? :silly:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:41:38 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 06:08:29 am »
Oh jeez.  I did it again.  I forgot it doesn't matter that crony capitalist Trump bought off Boehner 2 years ago with a $100,000 donation.  Why should it?  He bought off Hitlery with a $100,000 donation too, but that was before he was running for President.

But this guy is gonna fix the problem right conservatives? :silly:

In the last debate Trump said that our government was bad because people with money could buy politicians to do what they wanted them to do, and that he knew this to b true because he'd done it himself.

Then he said he was going to fix the government.

We've all always agreed that the biggest problem with government is that they create a problem to then turn around and claim that they will solve the problem they created.

Isn't that EXACTLY what Trump is doing?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:08:57 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 06:15:55 am »
So, I reckon I give up. 

There's not a soul who can't be bought.  Might as well leave it to the winds, and live with the consequences.  The country is screwed no matter who's in charge. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 12:12:29 pm »
In the last debate Trump said that our government was bad because people with money could buy politicians to do what they wanted them to do, and that he knew this to b true because he'd done it himself.

We've all always agreed that the biggest problem with government is that they create a problem to then turn around and claim that they will solve the problem they created.

We all realize by now that Trump has been able to utilize the anger of the GOP voting base to his advantage. He has kept the focus on himself and off of the anti GOP establishment candidates which is a good thing.  Only problem is, there is a likelihood that Trump could slap all of his followers in the face and run 3rd party.   The next couple of debates should indicate which direction he's going.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:14:26 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 12:40:10 pm »

Indeed, some of us have been screaming this from the rooftops since :baghead: announced.