Author Topic: Michael Reagan to Trump: Stop Using My Father While 'Trashing What He Believed In'  (Read 1492 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Political commentator Michael Reagan castigated Donald Trump and any GOP presidential contenders who are "looking to wrap themselves in the mantle of Ronald Reagan," telling Newsmax TV they're doing a "disservice" to themselves and the esteemed former president.

In a fiery interview with "Newsmax Prime" host J.D. Hayworth on Tuesday, the son of the 40th president chided Trump for his violations of the so-called 11th Commandment to never speak ill of another Republican.

"He's using my father on one side, and on the other side trashing everything my father, in fact, believed in," Reagan said...

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Michael-Reagan-Trump-trash-Ronald-Reagan/2015/08/18/id/670725/#ixzz3jGMNtheN

bkepley

Prepare yourself for another ignorant insult from Trump.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Prepare yourself for another ignorant insult from Trump.
"Your brother's a liberal atheist, and you're not even his real son! That should say it all!" —@realdonaldtrump (or at least that's what he'd probably say)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jmyrle wrote above:
[[ "Your brother's a liberal atheist, and you're not even his real son! ]]

What is untruthful in the statement above?

I'm not suggesting that's how Trump should or might respond, but again, is the statement that YOU wrote above.... inaccurate ....?

Godzilla

"Your brother's a liberal atheist, and you're not even his real son! That should say it all!" —@realdonaldtrump (or at least that's what he'd probably say)

He'd probably add 'Reagan was a two-bit actor and a halfwit.'

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"I know there's people who say 'oh, if we just get the illegals out, if we just get that birthright away, that somehow things are going to be better in America.' That's not true. The problem in America is basically Americans."

Wow.  Big ups Mike Reagan. :thumbsup2:

Offline olde north church

Michael Reagan = Julian Lennon or Frank Sinatra, Jr. minus the DNA.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:17:27 am by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online kevindavis007

Michael Reagan = Julian Lennon or Frank Sinatra, Jr. minus the DNA.

You do realize that  Trump  did call Ronald  Reagan  a con artist.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

That may be so.  That doesn't make Michael Reagan any less of a no talent hack trading on his father's name.  Live beyond the binary my friend.

bkepley

It's hopeless.  Nothing the Donald says or does should be questioned.  He gets the free pass Hillary thinks should be hers by all rights.

Offline EdinVA

It's hopeless.  Nothing the Donald says or does should be questioned.  He gets the free pass Hillary thinks should be hers by all rights.

And never give credit for any good...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:51:22 am by EdinVA »

That's not exactly what he said:

"... He is so smooth and so effective a performer that he completely won over the American people.  Only now, nearly seven years later, are people beginning to question whether there's anything beneath that smile."

That's a bit different than calling someone a "con artist".  So now people aren't allowed to question, in retrospect, to provide an opinion?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That's not exactly what he said:

"... He is so smooth and so effective a performer that he completely won over the American people.  Only now, nearly seven years later, are people beginning to question whether there's anything beneath that smile."

That's a bit different than calling someone a "con artist".  So now people aren't allowed to question, in retrospect, to provide an opinion?

You left out the first part to put that in context, here is a screen cap. It puts the first part of the sentence "Reagan was another example..." that you left out in context.. another example of what... well read the first paragraph to understand what he was saying:

So yes, Trump said Reagan was a con man who couldn't deliver the goods, just in a more rambling way.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:44:51 pm by AbaraXas »

You left out the first part to put that in context, here is a screen cap. It puts the first part of the sentence "Reagan was another example..." that you left out in context.. another example of what... well read the first paragraph to understand what he was saying:

So yes, Trump said Reagan was a con man who couldn't deliver the goods, just in a more rambling way.

I read the clip prior to posting it my quote.  I still think it's a  :shrug:.