Author Topic: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'  (Read 13671 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2015, 02:49:24 pm »
Trump is not worth $10 billion; more like 3 billion.  And he doesnt' employ a hundred thousand people. I'm guessing it's not even 10,000.

Not so sure about that, Sink.

The media would have broken their 'neck' rushing to report that disparity if it wasn't possible.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2015, 03:11:50 pm »
Not so sure about that, Sink.

The media would have broken their 'neck' rushing to report that disparity if it wasn't possible.

Many have questioned the 10 billion and CNN reports he employs 22000 which I doubt.  Most likel many work under his name but are paid by someone else.  100000 employees would be a monster company.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2015, 03:31:32 pm »
Many have questioned the 10 billion and CNN reports he employs 22000 which I doubt.  Most likel many work under his name but are paid by someone else.  100000 employees would be a monster company.

Trump's companies run and operate hotels, resorts and golf courses.

There is virtually no way that he and his companies can avoid employing illegal aliens.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2015, 04:02:57 pm »
Trump is not worth $10 billion; more like 3 billion.  And he doesnt' employ a hundred thousand people. I'm guessing it's not even 10,000.
I have only heard the debate on the radio, and listening to his defense regarding bankruptcy was vey revealing.

Not to entirely change the subject, but he was asked about the lenders that he stiffed, but he did not answer that.

He essentially said all successful businesses stiff their lenders with bankruptcy and that is patently not true. But nobody challenged him on that.

I listened to his answer on single pay medical, and he was all over the place.

He said that in 2004 he publicly stated he opposed invading Iraq, as we did in 2003.

There are plenty of policy positions he has clearly stated, and he should be made to address those.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2015, 04:05:28 pm »
Trump doesn't employ much more than his own office staff (and home staff).  The people in question are employed by the companies that run the Trump-branded enterprises, and those companies are largely owned by outside investors.  It's their money that's on the line and so they who are paying for the wages of those employed by these companies.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2015, 04:23:25 pm »
When I was a busy Realtor in the real estate boom during GWB's presidency, often thought about the dozens of known illegal or otherwise Hispanic skilled workers employed by my chosen Contractors.

When you have literally a steady outstanding balance for two years of over $100,000 for listing remodeling and staging that my Sellers would be liable for...with my guarantee to the contractor, it's perfectly normal to think that you had dozens of people that wouldn't be working and that I was somehow responsible for them and their families.

Was I wrong in believing that?   :shrug:

Thinking Trump uses the same line of thought. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2015, 04:26:29 pm »
When I was a busy Realtor in the real estate boom during GWB's presidency, often thought about the dozens of known illegal or otherwise Hispanic skilled workers employed by my chosen Contractors.

When you have literally a steady outstanding balance for two years of over $100,000 for listing remodeling and staging that my Sellers would be liable for...with my guarantee to the contractor, it's perfectly normal to think that you had dozens of people that wouldn't be working and that I was somehow responsible for them and their families.

Was I wrong in believing that?   :shrug:

Thinking Trump uses the same line of thought. 

Trump doesn't have skin in the game; he has minority ownership interests and very fat management fee agreements.  You did.  If your sellers failed to pony up, your vendors would take it out of your hide.  If a "Trump" operation fails, it comes out of the investors' hides, not Trump's hide.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2015, 04:40:03 pm »
Trump doesn't have skin in the game; he has minority ownership interests and very fat management fee agreements.  You did.  If your sellers failed to pony up, your vendors would take it out of your hide.  If a "Trump" operation fails, it comes out of the investors' hides, not Trump's hide.

Definitely true, O!   :laugh: 

And knock wood, never got stuck for one red cent. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2015, 05:01:57 pm »
MLady..what I can comprehend is that you and others on this forum with views like yours about Trump are blinded by those views. The halo effect of you "feelings" (didn't use the word hate but it's something really close to hate) cause you to assign meanings to things that aren't necessarily there. Your spew at the end of your post is way over the top and I don't know if you're better than that or not.  Maybe that's just you.
At any rate, I'm done with this. You get the last word ..have at it.

My 'spew' at the end of the post was merely a mirror of the spewing you've been doing all along.  I was trying to imitate your derisive, dismissive comments that do not acknowledge that reasonable people can disagree with you without being emotional nutcases.

I submit that it is your 'feelings' about Trump that are driving your disdain for the rest of us who see through him, and recognize that what he said here was inexcusable.

You may have given me the 'last word,' but you have left plenty of venomous accusations in your wake, and it makes you look small.

Do I dismiss your further postings because you're comfortable saying that people are filled with hatred, or filled with ________ just because they don't agree with you and share your infatuation with Trump?

Or do I just attribute it to your hormones and assume you'll get emotional control of yourself once this Trump thing passes into the dustbin of history?

At any rate, I really did think better of you than this before this thread, and I'm disappointed at how irrational you've been here.

The best I can ask of you is that you calm down and think it through rationally, and not emotionally.

Thinking is what conservatism is all about, and you've fallen far short on this subject.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 05:06:04 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2015, 05:09:54 pm »
My 'spew' at the end of the post was merely a mirror of the spewing you've been doing all along.  I was trying to imitate your derisive, dismissive comments that do not acknowledge that reasonable people can disagree with you without being emotional nutcases.

I submit that it is your 'feelings' about Trump that are driving your disdain for the rest of us who see through him, and recognize that what he said here was inexcusable.

You may have given me the 'last word,' but you have left plenty of venomous accusations in your wake, and it makes you look small.

Do I dismiss your further postings because you're comfortable saying that people are filled with hatred, or filled with ________ just because they don't agree with you and share your infatuation with Trump?

Or do I just attribute it to your hormones and assume you'll get emotional control of yourself once this Trump thing passes into the dustbin of history?

At any rate, I really did think better of you than this before this thread, and I'm disappointed at how irrational you've been here.

The best I can ask of you is that you calm down and think it through rationally, and not emotionally.

Thinking is what conservatism is all about, and you've fallen far short on this subject.

Hey.

I thought I was the sole proprietor of the last word around these parts.

:smokin:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2015, 05:35:32 pm »
Hey.

I thought I was the sole proprietor of the last word around these parts.

:smokin:

Not on the subject of sexist jerks like Trump, Luis.  I've got the corner on that....  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2015, 07:03:42 pm »
If anyone is being guided by feelings it is Trump supporters who aren't judging him on the facts such as to begin with what makes him qualified to be US president anyway?  Being born rich isn't enough.

Who in this thread is a Trump supporter?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

bkepley

« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2015, 07:25:05 pm »

Who here is opposed to Trump only based on feelings?

Online libertybele

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2015, 07:44:22 pm »

When Trump came forward on immigration, I like many applauded him.  He is correct in his statement if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be discussing illegal immigration in the debate.  Secondly, it brought focus to Sanctuary cities to those who had no idea that they existed or simply had forgotten about them.  He did go to the border and as I understand it, he paid for that out of his own pocket.  He made it known to many who either didn't believe or didn't realize that border patrol's hands are tied courtesy of the government.

He has given hope to the Republican electorate that finally our voice will be heard; Trump hit upon a nerve and because he is Donald Trump the MSM was all over it.  Obviously Washington isn't listening and Trump had enough "attitude" and media attention to say so. 
He is NOT a politician, so he was able to get away with hit and even publicly shunned political correctness which many agree with.  People retracted some of his business; both with his deep pockets it didn't matter.

I don't consider myself a Trump fan, but he deserves some credit.  In the very beginning I questioned his true motives.  Those remain to be seen.  The red flag for me was when he threw up his hands during the debate and declared that he would entertain the thought of running 3rd party.  Sure, a 3rd party can win, but the likelihood of succeeding is slim to none; but it is possible.  In that light, is his motive of running third party to split the GOP vote thus handing the White House to the Dems or is does he truly feel he will have enough votes to where neither party gets enough votes.  At that time, it becomes the decision of the House...I don't see the GOPe electing him, they would put whomever winds up being the GOP nominee.  If that's his intent; he is really taking a long shot, a shot that I just don't see him taking unless he was pretty damn certain and that would leave me to believe that there is more going on than we know.  My gut feeling is that there is more to "The Donald" running ... he's either in Hillary's camp or someone else's.

I dislike his comments toward women.  Those comments have hurt the entire GOP as it has been entrenched in the mind of the liberals that the GOP has waged a war on women.  If you think about it -- so far he has alienated the Latino and female voters from the GOP.  Two classes of people very much needed to win.

The only win I see right now is a Cruz/Fiorina ticket.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2015, 07:46:08 pm »

Quite a few people, as I see it.

Words mean something to me.  I find the "wherever" assumption much as I found Trent Lott's saga to be much ado about nothing.

Why isn't his "bimbo" Tweet his undoing?  That's a real insult, and it's simply awful.

bkepley

« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2015, 07:49:22 pm »

Words mean something to me.  I find the "wherever" assumption much as I found Trent Lott's saga to be much ado about nothing.

Why isn't his "bimbo" Tweet his undoing?  That's a real insult, and it's simply awful.

It seems to me you are grasping at that like a man on a life preserver.

Online libertybele

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2015, 07:59:43 pm »

Based on feeling?  How about fact?  Because of his comments regarding the Mexican people he has alienated some of the Latino vote from the GOP - that is a fact.  Because of his comments made to Megyn Kelly he's offended and alienated some of the female vote from the GOP - that is a fact.  Both of those voting sectors are crucial to the GOP winning.  Both of the sectors the GOP had problems with to begin with. So... why would conservatives continue to support him??

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2015, 10:07:24 pm »
Based on feeling?  How about fact?  Because of his comments regarding the Mexican people he has alienated some of the Latino vote from the GOP - that is a fact.

It's funny how he has the most Hispanic support of any GOP candidate - that is a fact.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/latino/ken-oliver-m%C3%A9ndez/2015/08/04/eureka-trump-tops-among-latino-republicans-univision

The Mexican "rapists" quote is another example of the Twitter culture, where one soundbite is pulled out of context from a larger point.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2015, 11:15:54 pm »

"Assumption"?

Seriously?

Offline Carling

« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2015, 11:23:54 pm »
"Assumption"?

Seriously?

Yes, assumption.  He also said Chris Wallace had blood coming out of his eyes, too.

It's a liberal game that conservatives are using on Trump.  It's very much like the Trent Lott nonsense, and it's distracting.

Calling her a bimbo is simply crude and awful.  Why isn't anyone upset about that, and instead has to make assumptions on his meaning on this silly issue?

bkepley

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2015, 11:24:11 pm »
It's funny how he has the most Hispanic support of any GOP candidate - that is a fact.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/latino/ken-oliver-m%C3%A9ndez/2015/08/04/eureka-trump-tops-among-latino-republicans-univision

The Mexican "rapists" quote is another example of the Twitter culture, where one soundbite is pulled out of context from a larger point.

Why in the world are you struggling so hard to defend such an imbecile? You are defending a Woody Allen world.  WTF is up with that?  It is hillarious.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2015, 11:26:21 pm »

Ve have vays of makin' you talk!    :police:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2015, 11:36:06 pm »
Yes, assumption.  He also said Chris Wallace had blood coming out of his eyes, too.

It's a liberal game that conservatives are using on Trump.  It's very much like the Trent Lott nonsense, and it's distracting.

Calling her a bimbo is simply crude and awful.  Why isn't anyone upset about that, and instead has to make assumptions on his meaning on this silly issue?

Don't go pissing on my leg then tell me it's raining.

I heard exactly what he said, and I understood exactly what he meant.

If he wanted to say "eyes" he would have said it. He has no problem whatsoever saying exactly what he means.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:36:23 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Carling

« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2015, 11:43:30 pm »
Why in the world are you struggling so hard to defend such an imbecile? You are defending a Woody Allen world.  WTF is up with that?  It is hillarious.

Because I'm interested in the truth, no matter how terrible the person accused of saying something he didn't say may be.

It could happen to you at work if someone assigns a deeper meaning to your words in a conversation.  Again, I believe that words have meaning, and nothing in Trump's previous behavior tells me he wouldn't outright say that Megyn Kelly was menstruating if that's what he actually believed.

Offline Carling

« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2015, 11:44:11 pm »
Don't go pissing on my leg then tell me it's raining.

I heard exactly what he said, and I understood exactly what he meant.

If he wanted to say "eyes" he would have said it. He has no problem whatsoever saying exactly what he means.

He did say eyes.  What are you talking about, Luis?