Author Topic: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'  (Read 13711 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2015, 11:45:21 pm »
Trump made the comment.  Regardless of what he meant, or intended, it was taken as offensive towards women; regardless of their political affiliation.  I didn't see that Kelly asked him an unfair question.  If the "Donald" wasn't trying to throw his weight around and insult and show his arrogance, then what was he trying to do exactly?? Not only did he insult during the debate and in doing so avoided the question, but he continue to insult after the debate. 

If Trump has no more respect for the female electorate he doesn't deserve to be president.  Secondly, he clearly stated that he wasn't above running as a 3rd party candidate.  With those two scenarios; he loses the female vote, thus not even coming close to taking enough votes from both parties.  The only party that he hurts is the GOP and I felt that was made crystal clear when he was asked that question and threw his arms up, like it doesn't matter, he's Donald Trump and he'll do whatever he wants regardless at what cost.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2015, 12:07:53 am »
There is a big difference between PC and common decorum and courtesy (ie acting like an adult).

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2015, 12:43:35 am »
Certainly our allies can't be thrilled that America could be elevating Trump, to replace Obama?

What is Angela Merkel to expect? She makes one move he opposes, and he calls her one of his distasteful insulting names?

That is a really, really good point, t_s.  Any women he has to deal with diplomatically will be wary of his crude, demeaning attitude toward women, and he'd be likely to show his disdain at the first provocation.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2015, 01:59:24 am »
Reading this thread makes me recall the good ol' days over on "that other site".

Talk about rantin' and ravin' !!

I don't particularly care about what Donald Trump said about Megyn Kelly (or whatever her name is). People say a lot of things about other people. Men say stuff about women. It's talk.

I would think the real proof of the puddin' regarding Mr. Trump with women is how he treats them in his personal and professional life.

Where are his Juanita Brodericks?
Where are his Kathryn Willies?
Where is his Paula Jones?

Surely, they would have come forward by now to finish him off...?

Is it more damning to say bad things about women, or to DO bad things TO women...?

There's an open mike ready to scream to the world from any woman who's willing to step up and say, "Donald Trump did this to me....."

If I was a Trump partisan, that's what I'd be worried about.

But a couple of crude remarks?

You folks better find sumthin' stronger than that!

bkepley

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2015, 02:05:46 am »
Reading this thread makes me recall the good ol' days over on "that other site".

I don't particularly care about what Donald Trump said about Megyn Kelly (or whatever her name is). People say a lot of things about other people. Men say stuff about women. It's talk.

I would think the real proof of the puddin' regarding Mr. Trump with women is how he treats them in his personal and professional life.

Is it more damning to say bad things about women, or to DO bad things TO women...?

There's an open mike ready to scream to the world from any woman who's willing to step up and say, "Donald Trump did this to me....."

You just don't get it.  Trump sounds like an idiot.  Not US Presidential material.  Yes he's rich so let him be a rich guy not US president.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2015, 02:31:19 am »

#1- This thread bears NO resemblance to anything that ever goes on at TOS.  That's just silly.

#2 -  This is an important discussion regarding Trump's capability of being President of the United States.

#3- We're going through 8 years with a 'president' who has serious disdain for a significant part of the populations (US!).  Do you really want 4 years with a President who has disdain for HALF the country?  (The female half?)

Nobody's saying he's as corrupt as Clinton.  That's not even close to the point.  But his attitude toward other people does matter.  And this discussion is relevant to that point.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2015, 02:59:24 am »

That is what I'm wondering.

« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2015, 03:01:33 am »
On that, we agree 100% (as we do on most things!).

The Republicans have fueled the rage against them by being elected and then doing almost nothing to fulfill their promises.

They ARE ignoring us, and not only that, are belittling us as 'extremists' almost to the extent that the Dems are.... though not as overtly.

My fear is that this legitimate anger has made people lose emotional control to the point where they want a jerk like Trump just because he's mean enough to put everyone in their place.

The office of President of the United States should require tact and honor, and Trump has neither.  But even on this board, pointing those things out results in being called a 'hater.'............. which is absurd.

One thing I have believed about conservatism, is that we are rational people, and not emotion-based as leftists are.  We THINK, and don't just FEEL, like liberals do (even smart ones).

But I'm afraid Donald Trump is killing the brain cells of some normally rational people.  We can't let raw emotion drive the choice of who is arguably the most important person in the world.  :shrug:

Great posts today Music Lady!

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2015, 03:15:56 am »
Emails From Trump Supporters To Erick Erickson

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO8-SbAsXp4

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2015, 04:12:37 am »

Waiting in the wings.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Paladin

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2015, 04:43:26 am »
Excellent point, Fishrrman.

That thought might also be extended to the woman who was in charge of Billy's "bimbo eruptions".

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2015, 04:51:07 am »

Fishrrman makes the salient point of this thread, one that I've made before. Trump pays well – across the board his employees are happy they work for him. He treats his male and female employees equally well, there are no EEOC issues or sexual harassment suits.

Oh, and that's out of a work force of around a hundred thousand employees.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:53:41 am by aligncare »

Offline Paladin

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2015, 05:00:15 am »
The other part of that too, Aligncare, is that while many are in hysterics over what Trump said, and I agree it was bad, where are the questions to Hillary about her husband's abysmal behavior and her role in suppressing discussion of it?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2015, 06:00:51 am »
The other part of that too, Aligncare, is that while many are in hysterics over what Trump said, and I agree it was bad, where are the questions to Hillary about her husband's abysmal behavior and her role in suppressing discussion of it?

We've been discussing that for almost twenty years.

Did you miss it?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Paladin

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2015, 06:18:54 am »
We've been discussing that for almost twenty years.

Did you miss it?

Of course not. What a silly question. I do question, however, how much of a discussion of the bimbo issue has really occurred since the rape accusations against Bill and why it isn't being discussed right now given the uproar over Trump's comments.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2015, 06:38:47 am »

The media is in control of that...thus the discussion, and the issue, is relegated to "the opposition" only - and thus marginalized.

Won't matter...old white leftists like Hillary will lose control of the political movements formed by their own successes.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline evadR

« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2015, 01:05:28 pm »
Quote from: evadR² on August 08, 2015, 04:33:33 PM
Save your breath Carling. These people are so full of hatred for Trump they can't see straight.

That's an unbelievably false accusation, evad.

You're better than that.

To falsely assign "hatred" to rational discussion as to why Trump is not qualified to be President is beneath ALL of us.

So Sorry, maybe hate was too strong a word,  Let me rephrase..
Save your breath Carling. These people are so full of (insert your own word here ________) they can't see straight.

You are allowing yourselves to be guided and rope-a-doped by the very people that you say you distrust the most.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2015, 01:18:36 pm »
Quote from: evadR² on August 08, 2015, 04:33:33 PM
Save your breath Carling. These people are so full of hatred for Trump they can't see straight.

That's an unbelievably false accusation, evad.

You're better than that.

To falsely assign "hatred" to rational discussion as to why Trump is not qualified to be President is beneath ALL of us.

So Sorry, maybe hate was too strong a word,  Let me rephrase..
Save your breath Carling. These people are so full of (insert your own word here ________) they can't see straight.

You are allowing yourselves to be guided and rope-a-doped by the very people that you say you distrust the most.

I'm not 'allowing' anything.  Can't you comprehend that there are people with different perspectives and experiences who understand things that you (apparently) do not?  Can't you disagree with people without assigning gullibility or stupidity to everyone who doesn't share your view?

What YOU don't understand is that, entirely separately from any media influence, I can see the words that are actually THERE.  I'm not influenced by some demonic force that makes me stupid.  I have a different opinion than you do.  Stop accusing me of ludicrous things just because you don't have the depth to understand that there are valid opinions other than your own.

Perhaps you like Trump because he's unkind.  Perhaps you like Trump because you're gullible and easily come under the spell of a loud-mouthed blowhard.  Or perhaps you're just a sexist yourself and like what Donald said about Megyn.  Who knows what makes you miss the obvious?

But whatever it is, don't act so much like a leftist....... the people you SAY you distrust the most.

Offline evadR

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2015, 01:47:08 pm »
I'm not 'allowing' anything.  Can't you comprehend that there are people with different perspectives and experiences who understand things that you (apparently) do not?  Can't you disagree with people without assigning gullibility or stupidity to everyone who doesn't share your view?

What YOU don't understand is that, entirely separately from any media influence, I can see the words that are actually THERE.  I'm not influenced by some demonic force that makes me stupid.  I have a different opinion than you do.  Stop accusing me of ludicrous things just because you don't have the depth to understand that there are valid opinions other than your own.

Perhaps you like Trump because he's unkind.  Perhaps you like Trump because you're gullible and easily come under the spell of a loud-mouthed blowhard.  Or perhaps you're just a sexist yourself and like what Donald said about Megyn.  Who knows what makes you miss the obvious?

But whatever it is, don't act so much like a leftist....... the people you SAY you distrust the most.
MLady..what I can comprehend is that you and others on this forum with views like yours about Trump are blinded by those views. The halo effect of you "feelings" (didn't use the word hate but it's something really close to hate) cause you to assign meanings to things that aren't necessarily there. Your spew at the end of your post is way over the top and I don't know if you're better than that or not.  Maybe that's just you.
At any rate, I'm done with this. You get the last word ..have at it.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2015, 02:16:48 pm »
I have soured quite a bit on Donald Trump.

For a guy who is really an American Icon and who is so incredibly successful in business and development, he really is immature....not a trait that anybody thinks should be present in our President/Leader.

Personally, I cannot comprehend having a $10 BILLION net worth.  He seems to think that allows him to say whatever the hell he wants, because nobody is able to threaten him.

We're all damned sick and tired of what our Washington politicians have allowed  to happen under Barack Obama's regime.  We sick to death of our own party not acting like the Democrat party in acting as an opposition party.

That's why Trump's populism was/is so enticing. 

After he never suffered from his poor taste remarks about John McCain's being captured, we thought..."At last...somebody who can take on and BEAT the progressive Left media complex".

We all know what he initially meant by saying Megyn Kelly had blood coming from her eyes.  It's a common description when people are out to hurt you.

As in, "He was seeing blood", etc..

But he followed up by suggesting that it was her menstrual period...a common insult everybody over the age of fifteen has said or thought at one time in their lives.

It was puerile.  It became unforgivable to say it on a national stage.   If he can say that about Kelly, it only means that he lacks common sense.  Plain and Simple.

Who wants a president with no common sense on what is proper decorum?  He has absolutely no filters and seems to relish in it.

That's why I can't continue to cheer him on.

Somebody should have kicked the sh*t out of him...literally...decades ago.   It's too late now to have any effect.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2015, 02:23:31 pm »

For a guy who is really an American Icon and who is so incredibly successful in business and development, he really is immature....not a trait that anybody thinks should be present in our President/Leader.

Personally, I cannot comprehend having a $10 BILLION net worth.  He seems to think that allows him to say whatever the hell he wants, because nobody is able to threaten him.

We're all damned sick and tired of what our Washington politicians have allowed  to happen under Barack Obama's regime.  We sick to death of our own party not acting like the Democrat party in acting as an opposition party.

After he never suffered from his poor taste remarks about John McCain's being captured, we thought..."At last...somebody who can take on and BEAT the progressive Left media complex".

We all know what he initially meant by saying Megyn Kelly had blood coming from her eyes.  It's a common description when people are out to hurt you.

But he followed up by suggesting that it was her menstrual period...a common insult everybody over the age of fifteen has said or thought at one time in their lives.

It was puerile.  It became unforgivable to say it on a national stage.   If he can say that about Kelly, it only means that he lacks common sense.  Plain and Simple.

Who wants a president with no common sense on what is proper decorum?  He has absolutely no filters and seems to relish in it.

Somebody should have kicked the sh*t out of him...literally...decades ago.   It's too late now to have any effect.

Well said! Couldn't agree more!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2015, 02:25:40 pm »
MLady..what I can comprehend is that you and others on this forum with views like yours about Trump are blinded by those views. The halo effect of you "feelings" (didn't use the word hate but it's something really close to hate) cause you to assign meanings to things that aren't necessarily there. Your spew at the end of your post is way over the top and I don't know if you're better than that or not.  Maybe that's just you.
At any rate, I'm done with this. You get the last word ..have at it.

If anyone is being guided by feelings it is Trump supporters who aren't judging him on the facts such as to begin with what makes him qualified to be US president anyway?  Being born rich isn't enough.

bkepley

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2015, 02:30:30 pm »
Fishrrman makes the salient point of this thread, one that I've made before. Trump pays well – across the board his employees are happy they work for him. He treats his male and female employees equally well, there are no EEOC issues or sexual harassment suits.

Oh, and that's out of a work force of around a hundred thousand employees.

Do you have a reference that states he directly employs around a hundred thousand?  I find that very hard to believe.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2015, 02:38:25 pm »

Trump has two ex-wives and enough money to pay off anybody who might come out against him.   Whether he's a physical abuser is beside the point. He has a history of trashing women with sexist comments in public forums. 

He acts as if nobody cares what he says. His butt-kissers don't but he's building a huge case against himself with everyone else.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2015, 02:42:44 pm »

Trump is not worth $10 billion; more like 3 billion.  And he doesnt' employ a hundred thousand people. I'm guessing it's not even 10,000.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.