Author Topic: Ted Cruz bullied Republicans for years. Now they’re standing up to him.  (Read 869 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-stand-up-to-ted-cruzs-bullying/2015/07/28/a48e2286-355d-11e5-adf6-7227f3b7b338_story.html

Who’s afraid of big, bad Ted Cruz? Not Lamar Alexander. The Tennessee Republican went on the Senate floor to accuse his fellow Republican of proposing actions that would “render ourselves lawless” and cause “chaos.” Alexander reminded the Texan that the Senate “requires restraint and goodwill.” Not John Cornyn. The senior senator from Texas said that Cruz’s prescription would be a “terrible mistake” and that if his fellow Texas Republican were making a valid point, “you would find other voices joining that of the junior senator, but I hear no one.”

And certainly not Orrin Hatch. The Utah Republican and Senate president pro tempore said on the Senate floor, in remarks prompted by Cruz, that “squabbling and sanctimony” won’t be tolerated. “The Senate floor has too often become a forum for partisan messaging,” the veteran legislator inveighed. “It has been misused as a tool to advance personal ambitions, a venue to promote political campaigns and even a vehicle to enhance fundraising efforts” — all of which Cruz has done. “Most egregiously, Mr. President, the Senate floor has even become a place where senators have singled out colleagues by name to attack them in personal terms.”
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

I have two words on this.  Bull crap.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I have two words on this.  Bull crap.   :patriot:

Care to elaborate? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. I just saw this and was curious to know what the posters here thought of it.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

Cruz adhering to the principles of our Constitution is sadly seen as "far right" and those that want him to deviate from those principles and pander to the left are the bullies. Cruz is despised for being a Constitutionalist, and revealing the blatant corruption by what he terms the "Washington Cartel".  I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is an attempt to remove Cruz from office.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

Cruz adhering to the principles of our Constitution is sadly seen as "far right" and those that want him to deviate from those principles and pander to the left are the bullies. Cruz is despised for being a Constitutionalist, and revealing the blatant corruption by what he terms the "Washington Cartel".  I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is an attempt to remove Cruz from office.

You are exaxtly cprrect Liberty. Trying to argue with such a insame post is a waste of your time and it will never register. What will register is the Ignore button????
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:04:23 pm by Longiron »

Offline GourmetDan

"“It has been misused as a tool to advance personal ambitions, a venue to promote political campaigns and even a vehicle to enhance fundraising efforts” — all of which Cruz has done."

If the writer for the Post hadn't specifically named Ted Cruz, most people would assume that Hatch was talking about Dingy Harry.  I assume that's why Mr. Milbank felt it necessary to specifically name Cruz when Hatch didn't.

What Milbank is saying is that any Senator can lie about anything in the Senate and not be called on it.

"Hatch issued a stern reminder that chamber rules forbid senators from accusing their colleagues of "conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a senator."

Where was Hatch when Dingy Harry was lying about Romney?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EdinVA

One guy is bullying the entire senate?
If that is true, the we have 99 sissies in the senate... what a load of crap...

bkepley

Care to elaborate? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. I just saw this and was curious to know what the posters here thought of it.

I think "bullying" is ridiculous.  If they feel bullied it's probably because they have a bad conscience.   8888crybaby

But that might have been the words of the Washington Post, not of Republicans tired of Cruz's antics.

Offline GourmetDan

One guy is bullying the entire senate?

Note the use of the term 'bullying' which was surely intended to provoke a certain emotional response.

Perhaps he really suggesting that Cruz is a homophobe and the rest of the Senators are, shall we say, 'good friends of Lindsay Graham'...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline andy58-in-nh

Dana Milbank is a member of Washington's corps of hardcore, leftist Democrats partisans who write precisely what the DNC tells them to write, culminating in the production of an approved narrative.

Such can be demonstrated daily, by comparing the work of numerous shill/scribes, who all miraculously appear to use the same language, the same syntax, identical characterizations and assumptions, as well as a common inclusion and exclusion of facts.

They are of course, propagandists for the Ruling Class who masquerade as "journalists", while singing madrigals for the mendacious, and playing their lyres for the liars.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:37:00 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
EdinVa wrote:
[[ If that is true, the we have 99 sissies in the senate...]]

Your number is off by a few, but other than that, your statement above reflects reality.