Author Topic: Rasmussen: Americans Agree With Donald Trump on Immigration  (Read 1239 times)

rangerrebew

Rasmussen: Americans Agree With Donald Trump on Immigration

By Jason Devaney   |   Tuesday, 07 Jul 2015 04:43 PM

Several recent surveys show that a majority of Americans agree with Donald Trump that the United States needs to secure its southern border with Mexico.

According to Rasmussen Reports, 63 percent of Americans want the U.S. to gain control of the border, while just 30 percent want to make undocumented immigrants legal citizens.

As for President Barack Obama's immigration plan that would grant amnesty to as many as 5 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S., 55 percent of those polled by Rasmussen oppose it.

Further, 58 percent of the Americans surveyed think that providing a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants will lead to more illegal immigration.

During his campaign announcement speech on June 16, Trump — a real estate mogul running for president as a Republican — said America has an immigration problem.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us," said Trump, who defended his comments on Monday. "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, some are good people!

"But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people. It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast."

Trump's comments were met with a mostly negative response, with businesses such as NBC and Macy's severing ties with him. Other critics denounced the comments as racist.

According to the Rasmussen numbers, Americans have a favorable opinion of immigrants who are living in the U.S. to working hard and trying toachieve the American dream. Trouble is, just 54 percent think that's what immigrants are doing here.

Trump told Newsmax last week he'd like to see Mexico pay for a wall built at the border.

"They have taken advantage of us for a long time," Trump said. "Between trade and between the border, they will pay for that wall. … Remember what I said: They will pay for that wall."

Trump is one of 14 candidates vying for the Republican nomination next year.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Rasmussen-Donald-Trump-immigration-americans/2015/07/07/id/653885/#ixzz3fIAMCVRL
 Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Offline libertybele

Re: Rasmussen: Americans Agree With Donald Trump on Immigration
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:30 pm »
Americans should be siding with Trump and they should be outraged by this incident.  This is NOT the first time an American citizen has fallen victim to the hands of an illegal.

Unfreakin' believable. Fox News is reporting now that Clinton, Feinstein, Boxer are all saying that this could have been avoided and that ICE is not doing their job! Really?  The Truth of the matter is on several occasions our liar in chief has told ICE to "stand down"!! San Francisco is a sanctuary city.  Secondly over the course of at least the last decade immigration LAWS HAVE NOT BEEN ENFORCED; quite the opposite.  That is why we have this problem in the first place.  For Clinton, Feinstein and Boxer to come out all holier than thou on this makes me want to puke. Also, remember we have a president that bused hundreds of illegals into this country and conveniently distributed them throughout our neighborhoods; in fact Baptist Family Services was given by the Obama administration $300M to house these kids!

Obama has on several occasions told ICE to "Stand Down".  So in essence they are NOT allowed to do their job. I know people who have gone to the border and border patrol is NOT allowed to do their jobs; they have also been told to stand down.  The San Francisco shooter had a gun used by a federal agent, so let's not forget Fast 'n Furious in which once again Clinton is up to her eyebrows in. Well, at least for the moment focus is off her missing emails and her involvement in Benghazi.

Meanwhile we have Rubio (gang of 8 member) Bush and Christie running for president who are pro amnesty and they are criticizing Trump?  Really? America should be outraged!  This isn't the first time this has happened, San Francisco isn't the only "sanctuary city" and every pro-amnesty DEM and RINO should realize their responsibility in all of this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/08/clinton-california-lawmakers-condemn-san-francisco-sanctuary-policy/

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/october-4-2013/border-patrol-ordered-stand-down.html

http://worldeventsandthebible.com/2014/07/obama-to-ice-stand-down-obama-caught-on.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:07:11 am »
[[ According to Rasmussen Reports, 63 percent of Americans want the U.S. to gain control of the border, while just 30 percent want to make undocumented immigrants legal citizens. ]]

Whoa, Whoa, WHOA !!!!

Where are those posters that normally chime in here, who inform us that the majority of Americans (according to the polls) want "a pathway to citizenship", etc. ?

In the span of a weeks' time, Donald Trump has brought America's immigration and border mess to the forefront.

I don't think the issue is going away soon.
I sense it's gonna "get larger" before it recedes.

If anything, Trump has made it impossible for the other candidates to dodge this issue any longer. They're now going to be "flushed out" on it, particularly Rubio and Jeb.

I happen to be quite pleased about this.
Mr. Trump may not end up becoming the nominee (I'm not going to be the one to say he hasn't a chance, because right now he's clearly the one setting the agenda in this campaign), but he has the potential to seriously damage at least two of the guys who were 'til recently considered front runners. I wouldn't mind seeing both of them knocked flat on their keisters...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:11:22 am »
[[ According to Rasmussen Reports, 63 percent of Americans want the U.S. to gain control of the border, while just 30 percent want to make undocumented immigrants legal citizens. ]]

Whoa, Whoa, WHOA !!!!

Where are those posters that normally chime in here, who inform us that the majority of Americans (according to the polls) want "a pathway to citizenship", etc. ?

In the span of a weeks' time, Donald Trump has brought America's immigration and border mess to the forefront.

If anything, Trump has made it impossible for the other candidates to dodge this issue any longer. They're now going to be "flushed out" on it, particularly Rubio and Jeb.

Mr. Trump may not end up becoming the nominee (I'm not going to be the one to say he hasn't a chance, because right now he's clearly the one setting the agenda in this campaign), but he has the potential to seriously damage at least two of the guys who were 'til recently considered front runners. I wouldn't mind seeing both of them knocked flat on their keisters...

Just another poll but it DOES comport with what I'm seeing with my own eyes and hearing with my own ears!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 03:37:40 am »
According to Rasmussen Reports, 63 percent of Americans want the U.S. to gain control of the border, while just 30 percent want to make undocumented immigrants legal citizens.

As for President Barack Obama's immigration plan that would grant amnesty to as many as 5 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S., 55 percent of those polled by Rasmussen oppose it.

What is particularly disturbing about those numbers is that they don't seem to make any difference. Our borders remain porous, illegals continue to stream across, and for those who don't have the means to do that, the administration flies them in and settles them throughout the US. Neither Party seems to care.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 08:02:20 am »
"Remember what I said: They will pay for that wall."

Finally a candidate the border patriots can support.  A real conservative.  He's all yours.  Send him your money now.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 12:35:49 pm »
Finally a candidate the border patriots can support.  A real conservative.  He's all yours.  Send him your money now.

You seem to be in the habit of jumping to conclusions and they are frequently the wrong ones. I'm not about to vote for Donald Trump for anything but I WILL give him credit for moving the ball on this VERY important issue! I hope he keeps right on doing what he's doing!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:37:38 pm »
What is particularly disturbing about those numbers is that they don't seem to make any difference. Our borders remain porous, illegals continue to stream across, and for those who don't have the means to do that, the administration flies them in and settles them throughout the US. Neither Party seems to care.

That is easily explained by the fact that big money donors to both parties LIKE things just as they are.  Profit greatly from it in fact!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 02:00:11 pm »

BREAKING: Media Set To Unleash Illegal Workers Scandal Against Donald Trump
Posted on July 8, 2015 by DC Whispers

The path is being paved in real-time at this very moment and is apparently set to be unleashed “very soon.” An all out assault upon the Trump organization by Obama/Jarrett-approved operatives within the Mainstream Media to both humiliate and weaken the Republican candidate for his recent demand that something be done to secure the southern border.

From a D.C. Whispers source:

“Donald Trump better be ready because the rumor that began late yesterday and now even more today is that they (the Obama administration) are preparing a full investigation of his hiring practices. They likely already have illegals ready and willing to cooperate with them (the government and already chosen media) and the end result will be a permanent black eye on the entirety of the Trump organization. He’s a wealthy man, but that wealth is a drop in the bucket when compared to the power of the U.S. government and its media machine. Trump is in big-big trouble. They want to destroy him. It seems to have become very personal with them. He has threatened decades of effort in changing the face of the voting public. Another five years, ten at most, and conservatism will be an insignificant minority throughout most the country. Republicans will be an arm of the Democratic Party meant only to keep up the appearance of a choice. There will be no choice. There already is hardly one now. Donald Trump is disrupting that dynamic and they won’t stand for it. The countdown to his demise begins now.”

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 02:46:24 pm »
How dare Donald Trump say bad things about Obama!!!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 03:27:06 pm »

How dare Donald Trump say bad things about Obama!!!

First they'll go after the Donald because they can't have a republican candidate growing in popularity.

Then, since Obama despises Hillary, and with plenty of time before the primary election, they knock off Hillary next. Leaving a clear field for a yet unknown democrat candidate to enter the race. (Sanders and the other democrats so far are light weights. There only because of the presence of the presumptive primary winner Queen Hillary).

Easy as one, two, three...

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 03:51:42 pm »

Whoa, Whoa, WHOA !!!!

I'm still here.   :laugh:

There have been three times when any polls in the past few years reflected anything other than a desire by most Americans to have a more secure border, but to also want some type of legalization for those already here.  The first was when Obama sent all the children that arrived here illegally to various cities around the Country.  The second was when Obama announced a massive amnesty of up to 5 million.  Finally this recent killing in San Francisco has resulted in one from Rasmussen that suddenly the anti-immigration crowd can rally around...as long as they don't look at the entire poll results.   :whistle:

But for all the "poll haters" here, sooner or later they were bound to find one they could jump on. 

Here are a list of polls from various polling organizations concerning all aspects of immigration including illegal immigration.  You can press continue at the bottom of each page and go back for ten years or more.

http://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm

BTW, I suspect you didn't see all the question and responses in that Rasmussen survey. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!