Author Topic: Poll: Bush now tops GOP field; Clinton runs ahead of all Republicans  (Read 1676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-bush-now-tops-gop-field-clinton-runs-ahead-of-all-republicans/2015/04/01/518fc5fe-d891-11e4-8103-fa84725dbf9d_story.html

By Dan Balz and Scott Clement April 2 at 7:00 AM

Former Florida governor Jeb Bush now leads the field of Republican candidates for the party’s 2016 presidential nomination, but former secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton enjoys a decided advantage over Bush and other potential GOP rivals in hypothetical general election matchups, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

At this early stage in the 2016 competition, the prospective candidates suffer from image weaknesses, but the Republicans have a more acute problem. Most Republicans are not well known, but at this point, not a single one of six Republicans included in the survey has a favorability rating that is net positive.

Bush — by far the best known among those running for the GOP nomination — is viewed favorably by just 33 percent of the public, while 53 percent say they view him unfavorably. Only Clinton among all those included in the poll has a net positive rating, but by the slender margin of three percentage points (49-46 percent). Her favorability rating has dropped nine points in the past year and 18 points since she left the State Department in 2013.

Clinton stands now as the leading contender in either party for the White House, with no serious opposition at this point in the race for the Democratic nomination. But as she prepares to launch her campaign, she emerges also as a polarizing figure, with huge differences in the way she is perceived by Republicans and Democrats.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Poll: Bush now tops GOP field; Clinton runs ahead of all Republicans
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:09:23 pm »
Polls now are simply about name recognition and electoral ignorance.

Hillary is presumed to be the nominee, and there are many on the Republican side, so this early, she of course 'wins' against any of them.

Too early to have any meaning at all.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:46:56 pm »
Why is it that JEB always leads in every poll but nobody wants or like him ???? Do you think the polls are designed to try and shape OPINION. No Jeb, Please!!! **nononono*

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 03:02:21 pm »
Why is it that JEB always leads in every poll but nobody wants or like him ???? Do you think the polls are designed to try and shape OPINION. No Jeb, Please!!! **nononono*

It's your perception of what constitutes "nobody" that's tripping you up here.

It's a great big world outside these right-wing forums.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 06:14:58 pm »

Nothing more needs to be said! Back on the Ignore List which is a great feature of this site??? :silly:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/02/poll-even-jeb-bush-supporters-not-very-enthusiastic-about-candidacy/#disqus_thread

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 07:16:48 pm »
Nothing more needs to be said! Back on the Ignore List which is a great feature of this site??? :silly:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/02/poll-even-jeb-bush-supporters-not-very-enthusiastic-about-candidacy/#disqus_thread

So you quote a right-wing website to counter my statement.

You probably fail to see the irony.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 09:57:12 pm »

Who, seriously, likes Jeb?

Right now we're talking a narrow slice of Floridian low-information Republican voters who recognize the name. Most conservatives want nothing to do with another Bush. Liberals aren't in the party. Socons seem to be gravitating toward Huckabee. So who accounts for the rest?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 10:38:55 pm »

Right now we're talking a narrow slice of Floridian low-information Republican voters who recognize the name. Most conservatives want nothing to do with another Bush. Liberals aren't in the party. Socons seem to be gravitating toward Huckabee. So who accounts for the rest?

Well if sweater boy runs with Hukcleberry Hound dog the socon vote will be split..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:18 pm »

Really?

I lived under the Bush governorship. Jeb governed as a solid conservative.

Jeb is socially conservative.

He is staunchly pro life.

He is fiscally conservative.

He is a tax cutter.

He is pro business.

He believes in smaller government.

He is pro 2nd Amendment.

Most importantly, he's actually DONE all of these things as an Executive. He's not just talking about what he would do if he were an Executive.

And unlike any other GOP candidate or possible candidate, we know EXACTLY where he stands on EVERY FACET of the issue of immigration.

P.S. Here's what Ted Cruz had to say about Jeb's other issue... Common Core during his candidacy announcement:

Instead of a federal government that seeks to dictate school curriculum through Common Core... imagine repealing every word of Common Core.

Cruz apparently thinks that the Common Core is embedded in a federal law that can be repealed. It isn't. The federal government is forbidden by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 from  dictating school curriculum.

The Common Core State Standards initiative is a series of K-12 standards in math and English Language Arts and aligned standardized testing that was set in place by the National Governor's Association. It was fully adopted by 45 States making this Common Core an exercise in Federalism. It is not a curriculum. The States set the curriculum.

Now, "conservatives" are supporting the idea of engaging the Federal government in overturning a bipartisan exercise in Federalism and calling Jeb Bush a liberal for supporting Federalism.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 04:32:28 am »

Hey!  How do I get on your ignore list?  Please.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 05:13:24 am »
Hey!  How do I get on your ignore list?  Please.

:beer: