Author Topic: Lindsay Graham: I Would Deploy Military Against Congress  (Read 755 times)

Online libertybele

Lindsay Graham: I Would Deploy Military Against Congress
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:03:05 am »
Wow.  Not quite sure what he's been smokin' or maybe drinking, but if he is serious, what the hell is going on?  Does no one have any regard for the Constitution??

Lindsey Graham: as president I would deploy the military against Congress

Republican senator and presidential maybe-hopeful Lindsey Graham stopped by the "politics and pies" forum in Concord, New Hampshire, today, where he announced that if he is elected president in 2016, his first act will be to deploy the military in Washington to force Congress to reverse cuts to the defense and intelligence budgets.

Yes, you heard that right. Here are Graham's exact words:

And here's the first thing I would do if I were president of the United States. I wouldn't let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to. We're not leaving town until we restore these defense cuts. We are not leaving town until we restore the intel cuts.

Graham would use the military to force members of Congress to not just vote on the bill — but to pass it. Graham didn't say "until I get an up-or-down vote on restoring defense cuts." He said "until we restore these defense cuts."

In other words, Graham is proposing that his first act as president would be to use the military to force the legislative branch to pass his agenda...

...What Lindsey Graham is proposing is to physically force members of Congress to vote how he commands. His plan violates constitutional separation of powers in just about the most extreme way imaginable, by forcing the executive branch's will on the legislature. And it is a pretty safe bet that Senate rules do not grant the president authority to have the 101st Airborne Division occupy the Capitol until Congress votes the way he wants.

Graham's proposal is so astonishing that it's pretty much impossible to believe that's what he really meant. He is a mainstream politician and an attorney who served as an Air Force JAG. Surely — surely — he is not actually proposing such an unconstitutional action.

.... Right?

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/11/8193751/lindsey-graham-military-coup
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Lindsay Graham: I Would Deploy Military Against Congress
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 04:34:44 am »
That's crazy talk, but I think Graham and McCain ARE crazy!  If he really said this, it needs to be spread far and wide to get him out of the presidential race good and early!

:thud:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!