Author Topic: David Gergen: Hillary Gave a 'Trust-Me' Press Conference  (Read 2357 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Gergen: Hillary Gave a 'Trust-Me' Press Conference
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:23:01 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=629347

Newsmax
David Gergen: Hillary Gave a 'Trust-Me' Press Conference
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 03:55 PM

By: Greg Richter

Hillary Clinton's press conference Tuesday in which she addressed her private email controversy was "extremely interesting" and likely not to change many minds, said David Gergen, former adviser to President Bill Clinton and several Republican presidents.

"You have to sort of admire her bravado, the way she went through it with a smile as if she was enjoying herself. You know she hated every minute of it," Gergen told CNN. "It was very much a 'trust-me' press conference."

Those inclined to believe Clinton will give her the benefit of the doubt, while those who don't trust her will say, "well, you pulled over another one," Gergen said.

Since Clinton said she gave over half of her emails to the State Department and deleted the rest – and also will be keeping the server – there's not much a third party investigator can do, Gergen said.

Clinton is under fire for using only a private email address with a server under her own control for all official business during her four years as secretary of state.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: David Gergen: Hillary Gave a 'Trust-Me' Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:29:10 pm »
Let's assume she is telling the truth and she did this for convenience.  That alone should disqualify her as a viable Presidential candidate.  After all, this is a national security matter of the highest order.

But, it won't.  For all the well-known reasons.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:04:38 pm »
But, it won't.  For all the well-known Treasons.

No, but it puts another nail in the evil bitch's coffin.

Bring back the guillotine.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:12:38 pm »
But, it won't.  For all the well-known Treasons.

No, but it puts another nail in the evil bitch's coffin.

Bring back the guillotine.

This kind of posting is so embarrassing. I must distance myself from your statement.

A firing squad would at least provide an opportunity for some target practice. Sheesh. Think, man.

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:43:54 am »
LOL...I don't know what I was thinking.
I will report to the torture chamber for attitude readjustment.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 12:08:16 pm »
LOL...I don't know what I was thinking.
I will report to the torture chamber for attitude readjustment.

:beer:

Bring tofu. I hear it's like money in these places.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »
I'm surprised Gergen removed his lips from Hillary's ass long enough to say anything.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 12:50:40 pm »
I'm surprised Gergen removed his lips from Hillary's ass long enough to say anything.
I was going to say—isn't this the same David “Rodham” Gergen from years gone by?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 01:18:11 pm »
I was going to say—isn't this the same David “Rodham” Gergen from years gone by?
Indeed it is.  A most annoying pompous pontificating horse's ass.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 01:21:53 pm »
The question on one is asking is why?

Why would Hillary delete even private emails? I have miscellaneous emails from years ago which I have never deleted.

Why have I not deleted them? Because there was simply no reason to.

Unless she had some kind of critical space issue on her server there is no reason to delete anything.

It is extremely obvious that there was something on her sever that she did not want people to see. Whether or not it was 'personal', as she says, whatever it was she was determined to keep it secret.

There is nothing in my email that I would be uncomfortable sharing with authorities. Obviously, Hillary had something to hide. And if anyone believes that she did not delete government emails, especially those related to Benghazi, then they are a fool. Of course she did.

That was the whole point of setting up the "dark site" in her basement. It gave her total control over what she would and would not release concerning her time as SoS. And, it also hid her deep relationships and possibly 'deals' with donors to her 'charity', such as China and the U.A.E.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 03:04:41 pm »

Why would Hillary delete even private emails? I have miscellaneous emails from years ago which I have never deleted.

Unless she had some kind of critical space issue on her server there is no reason to delete anything.

It is extremely obvious that there was something on her sever that she did not want people to see. Whether or not it was 'personal', as she says, whatever it was she was determined to keep it secret.

There is nothing in my email that I would be uncomfortable sharing with authorities. Obviously, Hillary had something to hide. And if anyone believes that she did not delete government emails, especially those related to Benghazi, then they are a fool. Of course she did.

That was the whole point of setting up the "dark site" in her basement. It gave her total control over what she would and would not release concerning her time as SoS. And, it also hid her deep relationships and possibly 'deals' with donors to her 'charity', such as China and the U.A.E.

Should be the "missing seventeen minutes" for Hillary.  But...
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 03:57:24 pm »

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 03:59:22 pm »

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 03:59:46 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »
Let's assume she is telling the truth and she did this for convenience.  That alone should disqualify her as a viable Presidential candidate.  After all, this is a national security matter of the highest order.

We're about to enter into a discussion with a Clinton on the meaning of "and".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:09:40 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 04:25:52 pm »

National security ain't what it used to be.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 04:49:52 pm »

Also who here doesn't think they will now or have been able to 'fix' those emails she is going to release to the public?  Knowing them they will make up many emails making her look so prezidential.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 04:50:44 pm »
National Security is the big deal with me. In an olde fashioned world where people think somewhat rationally, it would seem....

.....the U.S. government would have the very best cyber security for military, intelligence, diplomatic systems and personnel.

And if she had reasons to use her private system, she would involve U.S. government experts in cyber security to assure the nation's security there, too.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 05:23:01 pm »
National Security is the big deal with me. In an olde fashioned world where people think somewhat rationally, it would seem....

.....the U.S. government would have the very best cyber security for military, intelligence, diplomatic systems and personnel.

And if she had reasons to use her private system, she would involve U.S. government experts in cyber security to assure the nation's security there, too.

Incredible isn't it?  Something so apparent to us is just *yawn* dismissed with a wave of the hand.
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 05:24:26 pm »
Also who here doesn't think they will now or have been able to 'fix' those emails she is going to release to the public?

These days, you really can't trust anything that has been rendered as a computer file at any time in it's alleged existence...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 05:26:46 pm »
Incredible isn't it?  Something so apparent to us is just *yawn* dismissed with a wave of the hand.

That's because there really is a plan to cut the U.S. down to size so that a NWO one-world government can be implemented.

The signals are there every single day... you just need eyes to see and ears to hear...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 05:47:44 pm »
Also who here doesn't think they will now or have been able to 'fix' those emails she is going to release to the public?  Knowing them they will make up many emails making her look so prezidential.

Absolutely true. Those 50,000+ emails that she released are trash. They are total garbage. They are either cherry-picked by her and her staff or they may be outright fabrications. Regardless, they are going to be worthless in any real way.

There is simply no way Hillary is ever going to intentionally release something which will make her look bad. In fact, it is the opposite. The reason she is jumping up and down yelling 'release them!', 'release them!', is because she and her staff went through a lot of trouble culling and picking them to make her look decisive and presidential.

Of course she wants them released. She has designed them to be a propaganda tool for her campaign.

Since she has full control over the information which is in dispute, she can manipulate it as she sees fit. This is the exact opposite of the intent of forcing government employees to use government email. The government is supposed to control the information, not the person under investigation.

Hillary is essentially saying, I have investigated myself, and I have found myself to be clear of any wrongdoing. I have been found innocent and have been cleared by me and my staff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »
Hillary is essentially saying, I have investigated myself, and I have found myself to be clear of any wrongdoing. I have been found innocent and have been cleared by me and my staff.

Sounds a lot like the guy who said, "we’ve expanded my authorities under executive action, and prosecutorial discretion”...

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 05:50:32 pm »
"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 01:49:50 am »
alice wrote above:
[[ National security ain't what it used to be...]]

Sho' 'nuff!

Just check down south, where something called "the border" used to be....  ;)