Author Topic: DC's Catwoman Comes Out as Bisexual  (Read 564 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DC's Catwoman Comes Out as Bisexual
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:41:08 pm »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dcs-catwoman-comes-as-bisexual-778030

DC's Catwoman Comes Out as Bisexual
11:16 AM PST 2/26/2015 by Graeme McMillan

"She’s flirted around it — often quite literally — for years now."

After 75 years, Selina Kyle is finally coming out of the closet.

In the latest issue of the DC Comics' Catwoman comic book series — No. 39, released this week — Kyle kisses another woman, ending decades of fan rumors and speculation by stating canonically that the character is, in fact, bisexual.

Writer Genevieve Valentine, who took over the series in October, wrote on her blog that establishing Selina Kyle as “canon bisexual” was an “indispensable” beat she always had intended to hit in the series.

“She’s flirted around it — often quite literally — for years now,” wrote Valentine. “For me, this wasn’t a revelation so much as a confirmation.”

The reveal comes in a scene where Kyle — who, in current comic continuity has retired as Catwoman to become the head of a crime family in Gotham City — confronts a new character called Eiko who has taken on the Catwoman identity without Kyle’s consent. At the end of the scene, they kiss.

“Was it a surprise for them? In terms of their sexualities, not particularly; certainly it’s no surprise to Selina that she has an attraction to a woman,” Valentine wrote about the scene. “Will they dramatically implode? I mean, it’s comics, it could happen. But it will be a relationship. I’m excited to be here for it.”

Catwoman No. 39, written by Valentine with art by Garry Brown, is available in comic book stores and digitally now.

Read more DC Revives 'Klarion,' Remodels 'Catwoman' Into A Mob Boss
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: DC's Catwoman Comes Out as Bisexual
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 12:03:46 am »
Who are they trying to appeal to?  Who buys this - adults or children?  I guess that's the only way you can get attention these days, by trying to be shocking.  Frankly, I find it boring as hell.

Yawn.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:25:48 am »
Who are they trying to appeal to?  Who buys this - adults or children?  I guess that's the only way you can get attention these days, by trying to be shocking.  Frankly, I find it boring as hell.

Yawn.
Dealing with a bisexual/lesbian is not nearly as exciting in real life as the media likes to portray it. In fact it can be quite maddening.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 01:28:29 am »

Yawn.

The target audience of graphic novels like this are single males, late teens to mid 30s. This is very much targeting that market.  :smokin: