Author Topic: News Anchor Complains About Lady Gaga’s ‘Jigaboo Music’ At Oscars  (Read 571 times)

rangerrebew

News Anchor Complains About Lady Gaga’s ‘Jigaboo Music’ At Oscars

By Brian Carey, February 23, 2015.

And her co-anchor was an African-American.

Kristi Capel is an anchor on Fox 8 News in the Morning in Cleveland. At least, she is for now.

This morning, she was reporting about Lady Gaga’s performance at the Oscars last night. In case you missed it, the pop singer performed a medley of songs from The Sound of Music.

After showing a clip of her performance, Capel noted that she was impressed with Lady Gaga’s singing ability.

However, she added this: “It’s hard to really hear her voice … with all the jigaboo music that she, whatever you want to call it, jigaboo!”

Her African-American co-anchor had the presence of mind to let that one slide, almost certainly realizing that she meant no harm by saying  the word “jigaboo,” which is considered a racial slur used to describe black people.

Of course, the outrage machine kicked into high gear, so Capel apologized on Twitter.

“I apologize if I offended you, I had no idea it was a word or what it meant. Thank you for watching,” she tweeted.

Honestly, she seems innocent enough to not know about that word.

Check out the video below.

By Brian Carey, February 23, 2015.

And her co-anchor was an African-American.

Kristi Capel is an anchor on Fox 8 News in the Morning in Cleveland. At least, she is for now.

This morning, she was reporting about Lady Gaga’s performance at the Oscars last night. In case you missed it, the pop singer performed a medley of songs from The Sound of Music.

After showing a clip of her performance, Capel noted that she was impressed with Lady Gaga’s singing ability.

However, she added this: “It’s hard to really hear her voice … with all the jigaboo music that she, whatever you want to call it, jigaboo!”

Her African-American co-anchor had the presence of mind to let that one slide, almost certainly realizing that she meant no harm by saying  the word “jigaboo,” which is considered a racial slur used to describe black people.

Of course, the outrage machine kicked into high gear, so Capel apologized on Twitter.

“I apologize if I offended you, I had no idea it was a word or what it meant. Thank you for watching,” she tweeted.

Honestly, she seems innocent enough to not know about that word.

Check out the video below.

http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/news-anchor-complains-about-lady-gagas-jigaboo-music-at-oscars
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:25:55 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

Re: News Anchor Complains About Lady Gaga’s ‘Jigaboo Music’ At Oscars
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:44:20 pm »
Before I read this one I wondered......................no way this gets any air time if it is on a nbccbsmsnbccnn station. Well surprise, surprise......it is a fox station.

Offline Relic

Re: News Anchor Complains About Lady Gaga’s ‘Jigaboo Music’ At Oscars
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 01:27:07 am »
It's a local morning show. Fox8 is just an affiliate, but to the left, Fox is Fox, no distinction.

Kristi Capel is just a doll with a very sweet personality. She may survive this, but she will grovel before the lords of political correctness and "kiss it".