Author Topic: These Historical Paintings Are More Disturbing Than Most People Would Think  (Read 506 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Viralnova
January 16, 2015

It's strange that many people don't consider television shows, films, and video games to be "art" because of their violent and provocative content. But, have you ever looked at some of the most famous classical paintings?

Some of the most famous paintings of the old world are downright vulgar. Nudity and disturbing images of violence such as deities eating babies whole, women having sex with animals, and even beheadings plaster the walls of art museums everywhere.

Not only that, but these paintings are nearly priceless. People view them sipping on wine and possibly even adjusting their monocles. When you really consider the subject matter here, it seems insane.
More

WARNING: I do know how to hotlink images. However - in addition to respecting copyrights - these images are indeed disturbing and some are vulgar. This is not for everyone. Discretionary viewer participation is recommended.

The article consists of 18 images and 6 pages. Pages 4 and 6 are ads and you can skip them.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I may have nightmares tonight.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!