Author Topic: Azealia Banks Wants to Track Down Descendants of Slave Traders, Make Them Pay Reparations  (Read 3960 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.justjared.com/2014/12/26/azealia-banks-wants-to-track-down-descendants-of-slave-traders-make-them-pay-reparations/

Fri, 26 December 2014 at 3:00 pm
Azealia Banks Wants to Track Down Descendants of Slave Traders, Make Them Pay Reparations

Azealia Banks is ready to end her music career to take on a new mission – tracking down the descendants of slave traders and making them pay reparations.

The 23-year-old rapper revealed her new passion after posting an article about the DeWolf family, who traded slaves from 1769 through 1820.

“I wonder where the descendants of the ‘DeWolf’ family are today. they should all have their houses burned and their finances seized,” Azealia tweeted. “This generation of young black kids needs to make a CONCERTED effort to seek out living descendants of major slave trading families. They Owe us Money.”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
She should start with the first slave trader in the Colonies, Anthony Johnson. He started it all, suing to make slavery legal.

It will be a bit awkward for her though as he was a black man from Angola.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Sadly, in Philadelphia the city council already passed a bill requiring an additional excise tax against any firm that existed at the time of slavery and benefited from it.  I fear this is just the beginning of this movement.

Offline ABX

Sadly, in Philadelphia the city council already passed a bill requiring an additional excise tax against any firm that existed at the time of slavery and benefited from it.  I fear this is just the beginning of this movement.

Well heck then, most of my ancestors were Native Americans so add me to the list of those demanding reparations against anything or anyone even slightly related to Manifest Destiny. On my German side, I had a great-great-great-great uncle killed in the Dachau concentration camp. I demand reparations against any German company who had ties to Nazis (I'll send my address to delivery my Porsche as reparations).  Let's not even go into what happened to the Scottish side of my family...

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What about those descended from slaves and slaveholders? Do they pay themselves?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MACVSOG68

Now that's some record-keeping requirement.   :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
She should start by tracking down the descendants of the people who sold her ancestors to the European slave traders.

Her ancestors were sold into slavery by her ancestors.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:51:46 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

I think she should also track down the African chiefs who sold them into slavery, the slave traders of the time (muslims), and the black slave owners of America.

Oceander

Demagoguery of the first order.  Expect a rash of attacks on people who are "suspected" - solely on subjective prejudice, not any facts - to be descendants of slave traders.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Now that's some record-keeping requirement.   :pondering:

Most people (other than the local talk radio hosts) are not taking the ordinance seriously, but you just know it's going to come back and show its ugly fangs at some point.  Here is a discussion from a local media outlet at the time the thing passed.

http://articles.philly.com/2005-03-30/news/25420411_1_slavery-reparations-witch-hunt
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:37:06 pm by massadvj »

Offline MACVSOG68

Most people (other than the local talk radio hosts) are not taking the ordinance seriously, but you just know it's going to come back and show its ugly fangs at some point.  Here is a discussion from a local media outlet at the time the thing passed.

http://articles.philly.com/2005-03-30/news/25420411_1_slavery-reparations-witch-hunt

Insanity.  But the article is ten years old.  Do you know if anything ever came of it?  Would have made an interesting court case.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There is Black slavery all over the world. Today, not 200 years ago. Mostly in Muslim countries and mostly by other Blacks. There is a massive slave market all over Asia. Again, that is today, not 200 years ago.

Why aren't all these Black protesters protesting Boko Haram? They have just abducted 1000 young Black girls into slavery over the last year. And Boko Haram is Black. And they will sell these girls all over the world.

Why not protest Boko Haram, the biggest slave traders in the world?

Why is it that I, as a non-Black, more concerned about Black slavery all over the world, than American Black people are?

I guess there is no payoff in that. They don't care about slavery. They care about the money. Nothing more to it than that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Insanity.  But the article is ten years old.  Do you know if anything ever came of it?  Would have made an interesting court case.

The last I heard the ordinance passed and now all companies doing business with the City of Philly must fill out the "no slavery in my company's past" disclosure.  I don't think it has gone farther than that.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Apparently, Al Sharpton figured something out.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Relic

I've been around long enough to see that's how things happen. The left proposes something so outrageous, or so stupid, that no one takes them seriously. Most thinking people dismiss it as garbage, and move on. But the left is persistent, and relentless. I would be totally surprised if this doesn't eventually come to life.

What about the people who's ancestors never owned slaves, and bled to free the slaves. Do we get a cut of the reparations?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I've been around long enough to see that's how things happen. The left proposes something so outrageous, or so stupid, that no one takes them seriously. Most thinking people dismiss it as garbage, and move on. But the left is persistent, and relentless. I would be totally surprised if this doesn't eventually come to life.

What about the people who's ancestors never owned slaves, and bled to free the slaves. Do we get a cut of the reparations?

I agree.  You just know sooner or later some bureaucrat or zealous media type is going to expose something in some company's past and show it wasn't disclosed on the form.  Then there will be a big outcry and they'll demand some ridiculous payment from the poor schmucks.

Ultimately, Al Sharpton will come out and "make the peace," which will result in the business being beholden to African-American special interests for the remainder of its days.

Offline musiclady

How about those of us whose ancestors were no where near America during the time of slavery?  There are millions of us.

This whole prospect is so ridiculous when you analyze the details, but the point is singular....

All black people are good, and all white people are bad, and deserve punishment for everything that's wrong with the black community.

This is not about reality, it's about greed and avarice, with a lot of blind hatred thrown in the mix.  But that won't stop the left from continuing to try to make this utterly preposterous idea happen.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

How about those of us whose ancestors were no where near America during the time of slavery?  There are millions of us.

This whole prospect is so ridiculous when you analyze the details, but the point is singular....

All black people are good, and all white people are bad, and deserve punishment for everything that's wrong with the black community.

This is not about reality, it's about greed and avarice, with a lot of blind hatred thrown in the mix.  But that won't stop the left from continuing to try to make this utterly preposterous idea happen.
None of my family was in this country. You are right about the left making this happen.

Offline musiclady

None of my family was in this country. You are right about the left making this happen.

The racist Obama administration is bringing this leftist dream closer to reality.

And as with the left, ever and always, the TRUTH doesn't enter into the picture.

They just want revenge............. and money.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

Another thought occurred to me. This may be one of those issues to sit back and grab some popcorn. Why? 

Many of the current families who are descendents of slave owners include some of the most prominent figures on the left and in the media.

Ted Turner
Anderson Cooper (and the whole Vanderbilt clan)
Bill & Hillary Clinton
Elizabeth Warren
Michelle Obama

..and  yes, Barack Obama

While we are at it, in the UK you also have
Richard Dawkins
David Cameron

I would put money that if one dug into the genealogy, they would find that even Ms. Banks is a descendent of slave owners.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Another thought occurred to me. This may be one of those issues to sit back and grab some popcorn. Why? 

Many of the current families who are descendents of slave owners include some of the most prominent figures on the left and in the media.

Ted Turner
Anderson Cooper (and the whole Vanderbilt clan)
Bill & Hillary Clinton
Elizabeth Warren
Michelle Obama

..and  yes, Barack Obama

While we are at it, in the UK you also have
Richard Dawkins
David Cameron

I would put money that if one dug into the genealogy, they would find that even Ms. Banks is a descendent of slave owners.

You're right. Another popcorn issue is how do you determine who is Black. If my grandfather on my mother's side was half Black and half American Indian, then does that mean I am Black and get reparations? If Warren can be a very dubious 1/64th American Indian and then claim she is a Native American, then why can't I claim to be Black, and get reparations? Many 'White' people have some Black blood.

What if you are Black and descended from slave owners and slave traders? Do you then have to pay yourself reparations?

This could be a nightmare mess, if it was real. But truth and reality do not matter to Liberals.

They will simply fake all their 'research' as they often do, and attack corporations and rich families to give free money to whatever they decide a Black person is.

And you can be sure Sharpton and Jackson will be first in line to take the lion's share of the shakedown.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Dat don't make no matta.  You a cracka and dat all dat matta.

Offline PzLdr

They gonna pay us back for the costs of the anti-slavery patrol the Navy undertook with the Brits before the Civil War? The cost of the Civil War from the date of the Emancipation Proclamation? The cost of Reconstruction? Hmm?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Relic

They gonna pay us back for the costs of the anti-slavery patrol the Navy undertook with the Brits before the Civil War? The cost of the Civil War from the date of the Emancipation Proclamation? The cost of Reconstruction? Hmm?

Perhaps a deal? Reparations that include one way tickets to Liberia, and renouncing US citizenship?