Author Topic: DeBlasio Knocks Giuliani On Race: 'He Fundamentally Misunderstands The Reality'  (Read 678 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/deblasio-giuliani-race-ferguson-garner

ByCAITLIN MACNEALPublishedDECEMBER 7, 2014, 11:51 AM EST 414 Views
New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio (D) on Sunday dismissed former Mayor Rudy Giuliani's (R) remarks last week that the "responsibility is on the black community" to reduce the need for police presence.

"I think he fundamentally misunderstands the reality," DeBlasio said about Giuliani on ABC's "This Week." "We're trying to bring police and community together. There is a problem here. There is a rift here that has to be overcome,"

"You cannot look at the incident in Missouri, another incident in Cleveland, Ohio and another incident in New York City all happening in the space of weeks and act like there's not a problem," he continued. "There's something fundamental we have to get at here. And it's not going to be helped by accusing either the community or the police of having bad intention or not doing their job. In fact, I think everyone is trying to do their job."

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

This jerkoff mayor is going to get some New York cops killed with all this feel-good policing he wants to do.

Why not get rid of hassling people for selling untaxed cigarettes?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This jerkoff mayor is going to get some New York cops killed with all this feel-good policing he wants to do.

Why not get rid of hassling people for selling untaxed cigarettes?

I'm quite sure the local retail merchants he was standing on front of were pressuring the city to do something.  He was cutting into their commerce.  It's like with the hot dog street venders.  If somebody else shows up to replace him, there will be similar trouble.

Meanwhile, I'm not so sure these cigs were untaxed.  Have we seen pictures of the packs that weren't stamped?  Supposedly he was selling cigs at a buck a pop, and even with the taxes applied to the pack or carton (they were purchased legitimately, perhaps?), that's quite a markup.  I wouldn't put it past the city or the cops to lie about the tax status just to get a crime angle on what should have been nothing more than a dispute among retailers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sinkspur

I'm quite sure the local retail merchants he was standing on front of were pressuring the city to do something.  He was cutting into their commerce.  It's like with the hot dog street venders.  If somebody else shows up to replace him, there will be similar trouble.

Meanwhile, I'm not so sure these cigs were untaxed.  Have we seen pictures of the packs that weren't stamped?  Supposedly he was selling cigs at a buck a pop, and even with the taxes applied to the pack or carton (they were purchased legitimately, perhaps?), that's quite a markup.  I wouldn't put it past the city or the cops to lie about the tax status just to get a crime angle on what should have been nothing more than a dispute among retailers.

So give him a ticket and take him home. I read these cigs were from SC; no NY tax stamp on them.  Plus cigs are $11.00 a pack in NY city.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So give him a ticket and take him home. I read these cigs were from SC; no NY tax stamp on them.  Plus cigs are $11.00 a pack in NY city.

You're correct:  Give him a ticket and shoo him off the corner.  First I've heard of that detail about the SC stamp, but it makes sense to me so I'm comfortable taking your word on that.  A markup of $9 a pack would not have been bad, though.  I don't think it mattered what the tax paid was, I think he was just annoying the brick-and-mortar establishments, such as they are.

He had like 6 packs of smokes on him, so he could have always claimed a "personal use" exemption from the tax.  I think a carton is the rule in most places, but who knows?  This is NYC.  I assumed he would have simply been shot if he actually smoked one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: