Author Topic: Bill Cosby JOKES he is an 'evil man' and gets standing ovation in first performance since latest wave of rape allegations  (Read 4174 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/11/18/bill-cosby-joked-about-drugging-women/?intcmp=features

With Bill Cosby's rape allegations once again in the headlines, some of his old jokes are now being unearthed and scrutinized.

After two women have recently come forward claiming to have been drugged and raped by the comedian, a joke from Cosby's 1969 album It's True! It's True! has been making the rounds. In the stand-up recording, he recounts a story of being a 13-year-old boy and learning that (allegedly) when you slip "Spanish fly" into a woman's drink, it will make her more susceptible to a man's advances.

NEWS: Bill Cosby Alleged Rape Accusations Stack Up

"From then on, anytime you see a girl, 'Wish I had some Spanish fly,'" Cosby is heard saying in his 1969 act. "Go to a party, see five girls standing alone. Boy, if I had a whole jug of Spanish fly I'd light that corner up over there. Haaa ha ha."

I used to really like Cosby. He used to be in a TV show I spy way back in the day. Heck loved his pudding pop comercials. But somewhere along the way I just didn't care for him anymore around the time his son died he changed. I really haven't been reading all these stories about the rape accusations.  BUT why now? What or who did he piss off to get this much press on this? If true he should be outed BUT just seems strange now after all these years why the press???

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Bill Cosby jokes about drugging women unearthed
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:43:58 pm »
Every guy joked about spanish fly back then.

I agree flowers - the timing - why now?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Bill Cosby jokes about drugging women unearthed
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 07:49:24 pm »
Every guy joked about spanish fly back then.

I agree flowers - the timing - why now?

It worked with Herman Cain!

Cosby is off the plantation and they don't like it ONE bit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

http://www.etonline.com/news/154076_janice_dickinson_details_alleged_bill_cosby_sexual_assault/

With rape allegations against Bill Cosby mounting, supermodel Janice Dickinson tells ET in a new interview that the comedian sexually assaulted her in 1982.

Dickinson, now 59, recalls first meeting Cosby, now 77, when her agent set up a meeting with him to hire her for a role on The Cosby Show. After they had dinner, she says their next conversation was when he called her out of the blue while she was in rehab for drugs and alcohol. Following her stay in rehab, Dickinson says Cosby reached out to her during a trip to Bali and had her travel to Lake Tahoe, because he was performing there and wanted to offer her the job they had discussed as well as help her with a singing career.

Dickinson says they had dinner in Lake Tahoe, and claims that he gave her a glass of red wine and a pill, which she asked for because she was

Offline mountaineer

I'm not sure it's possible to be a bigger attention whore than Ms. Dickinson.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

I'm not sure it's possible to be a bigger attention whore than Ms. Dickinson.  :shrug:
that is the truth.

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2839540/I-thought-kill-Lawyer-FOURTH-Bill-Cosby-assault-victim-speak-reveals-drugged-comic-couldn-t-control-body-couldn-t-walk-thought-dying.html

Retired California attorney Tamara Green, 66, brands the comic legend a 'sexual predator'
    Green claims the star gave her pills when she was sick with the flu and pretended to care for her
    Cosby stripped her naked, groped and kissed her as she screamed for help
    She says she felt intimidated by the actor's power and influence in Los Angeles and feared she wouldn't be believed if she came forward
    She says he should come clean and admit that the fame and money went to his head and 'he lost control'

Offline olde north church

Is that the broad from "The Price Is Right"?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Call her an attention whore all you want...but the fact of the matter is, she's the 4th or 5th woman to suddenly find the courage to step forward regarding Cosby's modus operandi of drugging young teenage girls and then raping them.

Which means....there's a helluva lot more women out there with the same experience with him.

Netflix canceled his show...so did NBC.

He's toast.  Soon, he may not be able to eat for free at Ben's Chili Bowl in Washington, DC.  [/s]

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Call her an attention whore all you want...but the fact of the matter is, she's the 4th or 5th woman to suddenly find the courage to step forward regarding Cosby's modus operandi of drugging young teenage girls and then raping them.
Not denying the possibility that Cosby assaulted her (and the other women), but given Janice's history of attention whoring, she's probably not the most credible of accusers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/11/21/lou-ferrigno-wife-carla-ferrigno-latest-to-accuse-bill-cosby-assault/

Nine.

That’s the number of women who have come forward to publicly claim Bill Cosby sexually abused them, or attempted to.

They say they are telling their stories after enduring years fearful or embarrassing silence, but Cosby’s lawyer has come out against some of the women, calling them liars and opportunists, and labeling the press coverage a “feeding frenzy.”

Carla Ferrigno, who is now married to bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno, is the latest Cosby accuser. Ferrigno was working as a Playboy Bunny in 1967 when she said she went on a double date with the comedian and his wife. She claims the date ended up at the Cosbys’ house, and when Cosby’s wife Camille retired for the evening, and her companion disappeared, Cosby attacked her.

anyone know anything about Carla?

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2843575/Bill-Cosby-returns-stage-receives-standing-ovation-benefit-women-s-organization-new-actress-comes-forward-say-forced-oral-sex.html

Bill Cosby returned to the stage on Thursday, receiving a standing ovation as he performed in the Bahamas
    In one skit he joked that he was 'an evil man' and that parents would not let their children near him
    Performance was part of a benefit for a women's service organization
    Cosby skipped the afterparty, though his wife Camille did attend, leaving after an hour
    Coincided with actress Louisa Moritz coming forward to say Cosby forced her into sex backstage at the Carson Show in 1971
    Moritz claims Cosby said he would further her career if she went through with the act
    The actress says she now plans on filing a civil suit
    Total of nine women have come forward this month claiming abuse

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844056/Actress-accuses-Bill-Cosby-forcing-perform-sex-act-Las-Vegas-hotel-suite.html

Angela Leslie, a model and actress, claimed that the TV star assaulted her in his luxury Vegas hotel suite in 1992
    Leslie claims that Cosby gave her a strong drink and told her to act drunk
    She claims he sent her money orders to come visit him after she approached the star for career advice
    Leslie is one of nine victims who have come forward this month to claim that Bill Cosby attacked them 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think he is as guilty as one can possibly be.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

The hypocrisy of the left in excoriating Bill Cosby (who has, of late, been taking to task the culture of young black men) while ignoring two very credible accusations of sexual assault against Bill Clinton is astounding.

ALL OF A SUDDEN, sixteen women come forward accusing Cosby?  Come on, something else is going on here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The hypocrisy of the left in excoriating Bill Cosby (who has, of late, been taking to task the culture of young black men) while ignoring two very credible accusations of sexual assault against Bill Clinton is astounding.

ALL OF A SUDDEN, sixteen women come forward accusing Cosby?  Come on, something else is going on here.
Has anyone heard from Gloria Allred as of late?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

It appears that Cosby is indeed guilty of sexual predation.  His own reaction to the slew of accusations is indicative of some level of guilt acknowledgement.  However, the hypocrisy you point out is deep and wide...astounding and damning...though aimed at those with nowhere close to the needed amount of healthy shame to realize the damnation.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have met a few of these types, through work with a non-profit Twelve Step meeting hall.

We have little tolerance for the predators. They lie, and repeat offend. They intimidate weak women. For some it is a confidence game.

If caught, they deny, deny even when caught with zero doubts.

Our policy is one-warning. Often when we have to "blackball" them from our place, we find they have been blackballed from other places previously for the same thing.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

I think he is as guilty as one can possibly be.

He may be.

But there is something sleazy about a gaggle of women crawling out of the woodwork, YEARS after the fact, to cry and whine about actions long beyond the statute of limitations.

I'm not a fan of Bill Cosby, but there's something creepy about decades-old accusations.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
He may be.

But there is something sleazy about a gaggle of women crawling out of the woodwork, YEARS after the fact, to cry and whine about actions long beyond the statute of limitations.

I'm not a fan of Bill Cosby, but there's something creepy about decades-old accusations.

I usually don't agree with you, but this time I do.

The whole thing is very weird, especially since it started when another comedian (who pretty much loathes Cosby) began making jokes about it in his act.

Today if you're famous and not a well connected liberal who is fully on the plantation (Cosby did a big no-no when he called for young, black men to take personal responsibility for themselves), then all it takes is an accusation and you will be tried, convicted, and executed in the court of public opinion, which today is Facebook, Twitter, and TMZ.

For Cobsy there is no way he can prove them false.  If he says nothing, well, we see what happens.  If he says something, he will simply be called a liar.  It is akin to the old loaded question of "when did you stop beating your wife?"

Personally, I'd just say "screw this, I don't need the stress" and retire to some tropical island.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:06:38 am by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844994/Law-Order-actress-details-Bill-Cosby-s-attempted-sexual-assault-working-Cosby-claims-did-drug-one-woman-set.html

Michelle Hurd, the actor known for her work on Law & Order: SVU and Gossip Girl has come forward to share her story about Bill Cosby
Hurd says Cosby touched her inappropriately and asked that she eat lunch with him in his dressing room when she worked on The Cosby Show
She says Cosby told her to 'NEVER tell anyone what they did together'
Then, one night he asked her to shower at his apartment, but she declined
Hurd eventually spoke with another woman who said she woke up at Cosby's apartment drugged one morning
This as Cosby's lawyer is calling the growing number of allegations against the actor 'increasingly ridiculous' and 'completely illogical'

Online DCPatriot

My cynicism screams that they will treat Bill Cosby's sexual addiction as a Tic....an involuntary character flaw in comedic genius.

IOW...all the greats are/were batsh*t crazy. 

He'll stil get a statue and keep his sidewalk star.

It is fascinating however, to see we're almost at a dozen different women coming forward.  Plus, the several that he supposedly settled with in court.

This is primarily a lot of women going for a payday, at the encouragement of their attorneys.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Are Lisa Bonet’s mysterious tweets hinting at Cosby scandal?
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 05:20:23 am »
Are Lisa Bonet’s mysterious tweets hinting at Cosby scandal?
Amber Jamieson

“Cosby Show” star Lisa Bonet posted a cryptic tweet seemingly aimed at her embattled TV dad — and it wasn’t a smiley face.
Modal Trigger

Lisa BonetPhoto: WireImage

“According to the karma of past actions, one’s destiny unfolds, even though everyone wants to be so lucky…Nothing stays in the dark 4ever!” the 47-year-old actress, who played Denise Huxtable on the hit NBC series starring Bill Cosby, tweeted Friday.

At least 15 women — including model Janice Dickinson — have come forward to accuse the 77-year-old ­comedian of being a sexual predator.

For years, bad blood was rumored to have existed between Bonet and Cosby, who was reportedly incensed by her sex scene with Mickey Rourke in “Angel Heart” in 1987 and a nude magazine photo shoot she did a year later.

http://pagesix.com/2014/11/22/are-lisa-bonets-mysterious-tweets-hinting-at-cosby-scandal/?_ga=1.22998907.1326625469.1401046731

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Are Lisa Bonet’s mysterious tweets hinting at Cosby scandal?
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 05:52:29 am »
Gets weirder and weirder.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Are Lisa Bonet’s mysterious tweets hinting at Cosby scandal?
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 05:54:27 am »
No love lost between them.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton