Author Topic: Sen. King: ‘Don’t Lecture Me’ About Obamacare; Fox Hosts ‘Cruel’  (Read 352 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mrctv.org/blog/sen-king-don-t-lecture-me-about-obamacare-fox-hosts-cruel

Sen. King: ‘Don’t Lecture Me’ About Obamacare; Fox Hosts ‘Cruel’
By Barbara Boland | 24 hours ago

This Fox and Friends interview didn’t end well for Sen. King (I-Maine) -- it devolves to a point where King says that everyone knew Obamacare would bring higher taxes and he accuses the Fox hosts of being “cruel” and not wanting people to have healthcare.

The interview begins innocently enough with a question on which party King will caucus with after the big GOP midterm win. King says that he will caucus with the Democrats because he thinks Maine is “better served by having a Senator in both camps” but indicates that he will vote whatever way he thinks is best.

Then Fox and Friends plays the video of Obamacare architect Jonathon Gruber’s comments on the “stupidity of the American voter” and that the ACA was made with a “lack of transparency” on purpose. They had to obscure the fact that it was a tax “or it would never have passed,” Gruber says in the clip.

They ask King for his reaction: “Are you as outraged as most of America?”

King really fumbles here: “I don’t know what he was talking about, I certainly don’t endorse those kind of comments.”

Then King really digs in, saying that although he wasn’t in Congress at the time, he remembers the debate: “Everybody knew that there would be additional taxes to support premiums under the Affordable Care Act, I don’t see it as any deep, dark conspiracy…”

“Really? He said he wasn’t transparent!” says Brian Kilmeade. “Senator! He said he wasn’t transparent! He says he wasn’t telling the truth.”

“There was all kinds of long debate about it … both sides…” King sputters. “Who was he? I don't know where [Gruber] was in the process. There were hundreds of people…”

“He wrote it!” says Kilmeade.

“He's the architect of Obamacare,” adds Guilfoyle. “He's the one who put it together, one of them, and said in fact that they weren't transparent and forthcoming with the CBO because if they were, then the American people would know that in fact this was going to be something that was going to tax and penalize them and then they wouldn't go for it.”

At this point in the interview, the wheels come off the train. King petulantly says: “Wait a minute, wait a minute. Tax and penalize, hold it, hold it, hold it. We've got eight million people that have insurance now that didn't before and don't lecture me about this because 40 years ago, I had insurance. If I hadn't had it, it caught a cancer that saved my life. If I hadn't had insurance I'd be dead –”

“What does that have to do with it?

“It has to do with having insurance, man,” says King. “If you don't have insurance, it's a high risk.”

“They just lied about a health plan to the American people, called the stupidity of the American voter and bragged about the lack of transparency,” said Kilmeade.

“This is one guy,” says King, switching tacks again. “I don't know who this guy was. All I know is that it's important for people to have health insurance. And if you guys are saying people shouldn't have health insurance, I don't know where you're coming from.”

“That's not what we're saying, sir,” said Guilfoyle.

“Are you that cruel?” asked King. “That is what you're saying.”

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34