Author Topic: Cranberries lead singer Dolores O’Riordan assaults flight attendant, head-butts cop: authorities  (Read 3036 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Cranberries lead singer Dolores O’Riordan assaults flight attendant, head-butts cop: authorities

Maybe she was having bad "Dreams."

The lead singer of rock band The Cranberries allegedly assaulted a female flight attendant on an overnight flight from Kennedy Airport to Ireland — and she head-butted a cop who tried to arrest her, authorities said.

Dolores O’Riordan, 43, was arrested as soon as the plane landed at Shannon Airport early Monday, cops say. She was released from police custody later Monday and no charges were filed, the BBC reported. She had complained of being ill while at the police station, according to the report.

“An incident took place on board flight EI110 en route from New York to Shannon today," a spokesman for Aer Lingus told The Guardian. "The matter is being investigated by An Garda Síochána. As this is a security matter we will not comment any further.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/cranberries-singer-allegedly-assaults-flight-attendant-article-1.2005199

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tONsedTRCD4

The audio on this original version is much better.......crisper.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:28:56 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

The Cranberries are one of my favorite bands, her voice is incredible.

Have listened to "Dreams" a thousand times.

Still cannot get over the difficulty of the percussion in the piece.  I'll bet that their live versions are not nearly as complex as the studio version.

Truly amazing.

Just listen and really focus on the percussion and I think you'll agree.

Offline alicewonders

Have listened to "Dreams" a thousand times.

Still cannot get over the difficulty of the percussion in the piece.  I'll bet that their live versions are not nearly as complex as the studio version.

Truly amazing.

Just listen and really focus on the percussion and I think you'll agree.

Yeah, I agree about the percussion - it's not typical. 

I love the song "Zombie", but my husband leaves the room when I play it - he can't stand it.   :shrug:

Offline olde north church

Saw the Cranberries in a small venue in NJ, I think the Capitol Theatre in Passaic or the Paramount in NY, regardless, had excellent seats and they were great.  Dolores is a very small, tinier than the little end of nothing sharpened as Foghorn Leghorn would say.
Powerful voice and the band was top notch.  "Zombie" was our "wedding" tune.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

Saw the Cranberries in a small venue in NJ, I think the Capitol Theatre in Passaic or the Paramount in NY, regardless, had excellent seats and they were great.  Dolores is a very small, tinier than the little end of nothing sharpened as Foghorn Leghorn would say.
Powerful voice and the band was top notch.  "Zombie" was our "wedding" tune.

That's pretty cool ONC.   :beer:

That's pretty cool ONC.   :beer:

It was a very non-conventional affair.
 :beer:

Offline alicewonders

It was a very non-conventional affair.

Sounds like it!  We had a hippie wedding, mini-skirts and all!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well? No need to be shy. Let's hear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTIGoWkxIQk

But, on a different note, drugs and alchohol affect people much differently at high altitude under pressurization. This kind of thing happens fairly often and the people are almost always drunk.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

Well? No need to be shy. Let's hear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTIGoWkxIQk

But, on a different note, drugs and alchohol affect people much differently at high altitude under pressurization. This kind of thing happens fairly often and the people are almost always drunk.

Thanks 240B - I enjoyed that!

Online DCPatriot

Powerful voice and the band was top notch. "Zombie" was our "wedding" tune.

LOL!   :laugh:

You know, ONC....that completely obliterates the 'image' I've constructed of you these past couple of years. 

Offline alicewonders

You know, ONC....that completely obliterates the 'image' I've constructed of you these past couple of years.

Same here DC!   :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

Can you imagine....mom, gramma and grandpa...Aunt Eleanor and Uncle Melvin?

All rising in their pews, turning their heads around toward the church vestibule...as instead of "Here Comes The Bride", ZOMBIE comes blaring from the loudspeakers?

:silly:

I'm no "Joe Friday"!   :silly:

Offline NavyCanDo

The Cranberries are one of my favorite bands, her voice is incredible.

As I don't really listen to "todays Pop" on the radio it must have been about 10 years after Dreams was released before I even learned who sung it. You know how it is, you keep hearing a song, but dang if you know the name of it or who sings it so you can go purchase it. And it just drives you crazy.  And until then, I never heard of the Cranerries. Like I said, I'm usually behind the times when it comes to music.   
It's a beautiful song, and like you said she has an incredible voice. On Dreams and several other Cranverries songs that I discovered, like Linger, Zombie, Ode to my Family.

I wish she would stop it with the butch  punk hair look though. She looks alot like Martina Mcbride, when she lets her hair out a bit.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oh, yeah ... now I have to wonder what kind of image you folks have constructed of my?  I'm not as quick as I used to be but I eventually get around to it!   :pondering:

Offline alicewonders

Oh, yeah ... now I have to wonder what kind of image you folks have constructed of my?  I'm not as quick as I used to be but I eventually get around to it!   :pondering:

Well, my image of you was somewhat of a staid, intellectual gentleman with a bit of a curmudgen streak - possibly retiring to the library in the evening for some port, classical music and possibly a fine cigar. 

I think maybe I was a little bit off, eh?   :tongue2: :silly: :beer:

Offline alicewonders

As I don't really listen to "todays Pop" on the radio it must have been about 10 years after Dreams was released before I even learned who sung it. You know how it is, you keep hearing a song, but dang if you know the name of it or who sings it so you can go purchase it. And it just drives you crazy.  And until then, I never heard of the Cranerries. Like I said, I'm usually behind the times when it comes to music.   
It's a beautiful song, and like you said she has an incredible voice. On Dreams and several other Cranverries songs that I discovered, like Linger, Zombie, Ode to my Family.

I wish she would stop it with the butch  punk hair look though. She looks alot like Martina Mcbride, when she lets her hair out a bit.

People in the music business tend to look edgy, it's sort of expected I guess.   :laugh:

Well, my image of you was somewhat of a staid, intellectual gentleman with a bit of a curmudgen streak - possibly retiring to the library in the evening for some port, classical music and possibly a fine cigar. 

I think maybe I was a little bit off, eh?   :tongue2: :silly: :beer:

Just a bit off ...

When I was younger

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Lando Lincoln

Hey!  That's me!  Well, except for a couple of those things....
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

When I was younger

Are you saying you are David Lee Roth?  :chairbang: :tongue2: :chairbang:   :smokin:

It's funny how there are these wild and crazy kids hidden inside of our aging baby boomer bodies!  I was one too!

Offline alicewonders

Hey!  That's me!  Well, except for a couple of those things....

That's funny Lando - I always picture you giving the Gettysburg Address!   :chairbang:

Online Lando Lincoln

That's funny Lando - I always picture you giving the Gettysburg Address!   :chairbang:

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck