Author Topic: MSNBC’s Maddow: Republicans Won the Senate, But Democrats “Won the Argument”  (Read 675 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thepunditpress.com/2014/11/05/msnbcs-maddow-republicans-won-the-senate-but-democrats-won-the-argument/

MSNBC’s Maddow: Republicans Won the Senate, But Democrats “Won the Argument”
by Aurelius • November 5, 2014   

After the astounding victories by Republicans last night, it was only a matter of time until liberals tried to make sense of it all, while still not admitting that they were defeated.

Rachel Maddow of MSNBC earned the gold medal for mental gymnastics last night, however, by claiming that Democrats “won the argument” when it came to their policies by… losing the Senate.

This sentiment was then echoed on Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC blog, in a post titled, “A Win? Yes. A Mandate? No.”

The piece says that, with an overwhelming victory, Republicans will say the election was “an endorsement from the American people that affords them the right to pursue their top priorities.”

Smugly, the piece retorts, “It’s a nice argument, which happens to be wrong.”

The piece then states that Republicans have no “issues” other than “Ebola-stricken terrorists in Mexico.”

Maddow’s blog then claims the election was a fluke, and that it’s not a “secret” that conservative policies “do not enjoy broad national support.” Somehow, according to the piece, Republicans won by “obscuring” its “unpopular ideas.”

In other words, this election was simply not a repudiation of liberal Democrats’ ideas, and certainly not a repudiation of President Obama.

The article never even mentions President Obama’s ideas, and only mentions the President himself to accuse Republicans of hypocrisy.

The piece concludes smugly, “Dana Milbank noted accurately that Republicans ran an “agenda-free campaign.” Did it produce big wins? Yes. Did it create a mandate? Obviously not.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
There was a mandate, Rachel, and it was a simple one.  Stop Barack OPapaDoc.  The POTUS said every one of his policies was on the ballot and the electorate believed him.

Offline aligncare

If ignorance is bliss, then the set of MSNBC must be like a day at Disneyland.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"Rachel Maddow of MSNBC earned the gold medal for mental gymnastics last night, however, by claiming that Democrats “won the argument” when it came to their policies by… losing the Senate."

------------

You sir, are an idiot. But I'll let you 'win the argument' any time you want, every two years.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:54:03 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

I can understand your confusion. But, for the record, Maddow is a woman (sort of).

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sorry, sometimes the dry sarcasm doesn't always translate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

My mistake. I should have recognized the sarcasm.  :beer:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I can understand your confusion. But, for the record, Maddow is a woman (sort of).
Heh. Could've fooled me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

I hope you don't intend to produce any evidence of this.  i haven't had dinner yet.

Offline olde north church

http://thepunditpress.com/2014/11/05/msnbcs-maddow-republicans-won-the-senate-but-democrats-won-the-argument/

Smugly, the piece retorts, “It’s a nice argument, which happens to be wrong.”

The piece then states that Republicans have no “issues” other than “Ebola-stricken terrorists in Mexico.”

Maddow’s blog then claims the election was a fluke, and that it’s not a “secret” that conservative policies “do not enjoy broad national support.” Somehow, according to the piece, Republicans won by “obscuring” its “unpopular ideas.”

In other words, this election was simply not a repudiation of liberal Democrats’ ideas, and certainly not a repudiation of President Obama.

The article never even mentions President Obama’s ideas, and only mentions the President himself to accuse Republicans of hypocrisy.

The piece concludes smugly, “Dana Milbank noted accurately that Republicans ran an “agenda-free campaign.” Did it produce big wins? Yes. Did it create a mandate? Obviously not.”

Pajama cocoa boy?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

She/he has one heck of an Adam's apple!

Offline evadR

hmmm...are we sure?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

I, for one, have no problem with these delusional airheads thinking whatever deranged thoughts they may believe. Let them believe all this nonsensical crap, it's a good thing. We should encourage them at every opportunity.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Rachel Maddow of MSNBC earned the gold medal for mental gymnastics last night, however, by claiming that Democrats “won the argument” when it came to their policies by… losing the Senate."

------------

You sir, are an idiot. But I'll let you 'win the argument' any time you want, every two years.

I read about this today at work and laughed outloud. If these 8 year olds want to play the game, 'Well maybe I lost, but I still won in my mind!', I will play that game all day.

As long as they stay happy about losing, I'm all for it. They can have their 'arguments', I prefer the votes. hahaha ... losers...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.