Author Topic: Why Has Ebola Czar Nicole Lurie Been MIA?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Has Ebola Czar Nicole Lurie Been MIA?
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:10:12 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/220700-white-house-wont-rule-out-ebola-czar

White House won't rule out Ebola 'czar'

By Justin Sink - 10/14/14 02:37 PM EDT
The Obama administration isn’t ruling out appointing a new “czar” to lead the administration’s response to the Ebola virus.

Pressed by Republicans to appoint an “Ebola czar,” the administration has so far said it has the people in place to response the health crisis.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest defended the administration’s response, arguing it has “a very clean line of responsibility.”
Asked directly if an Ebola czar was needed, he said officials across the government know what their responsibilities are, and that there is a “structure in place” to handle the public health crisis.

“There are a lot of agencies that are involved,” Earnest said. “Lisa Monaco is the president’s homeland security adviser and she is the one that, from here at the White House, continues to play the role of coordinating the efforts of all of those agencies. But ultimately each of those agencies understands exactly what they are responsible for and they have experts in this field that can ensure that the American people remain safe.”

On Sunday, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said there should be “some kind of czar” on Ebola because a central figure could help reassure Americans.

“There has to be more reassurance given to them,” McCain told CNN. “I would say that we don't know exactly who's in charge. There has to be some kind of czar.”

The administration has appointed various czars in the past, including on cybersecurity and in response to the auto crisis. It has at times come under criticism from Republicans for appointing czars.

Separately, the White House signaled support for CDC Director Tom Frieden, who has faced criticism after a nurse treating the initial U.S. Ebola patient caught the virus. Critics have seized on Frieden's repeated assurances that the agency knows “how to stop Ebola.”

Earnest called Frieden a “preeminent physician” and praised his experience dealing with public health crises.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: White House won't rule out Ebola 'czar'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:03 pm »
How about Louis Farrakhan?  Obama has already proven his czars to don't have to be knowledgeable in their area of control.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 07:45:10 pm »
How about Hillary (!)

Isn't she the smartest woman in the world and a stone-cold expert on all health care related issues?

I'm sure she'd be a raving success, just like at State.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:45:28 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 08:08:32 pm »
Wasn't John McCain calling for a czar?  Really? Who the heck gave these morons the idea that this was pre-Soviet Russia? We already have untold thousands of bureaucrats responsible for public health, but I guess they're too busy taking naps or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 05:29:06 pm »
How about Rahm Emanuels brother Dr Death?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 06:46:53 pm »
As much as I can't stand the guy - I think we finally have a job that Ron Paul would be good at.   I could see him focusing first on closing our borders and to Isolate West Africa until this outbreak plays itself out.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 06:49:29 pm »
How about Rahm Emanuels brother Dr Death?

The perfect choice!

He'd probably insist that only nurses over 75 care for Ebola patients.

That would kill two birds with one stone.....   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 07:04:32 pm »
The perfect choice!

He'd probably insist that only nurses over 75 care for Ebola patients.

That would kill two birds with one stone.....   :smokin:
Yes it is a perfect choice.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 09:05:53 am »
As much as I can't stand the guy - I think we finally have a job that Ron Paul would be good at.   I could see him focusing first on closing our borders and to Isolate West Africa until this outbreak plays itself out.

Interesting thought - and yes, he'd be perfect for the post.

That means he won't get it. When was the first time the Worm appointed someone based on ability?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 09:20:33 am »
You need a person who is an epidemiologist not a politician. He/She must be have the monetary budget ready. He/She needs to coordinate information  from all 50 states and have the labs around the clock running to find a cure. The reason being there are 50 standards of protocol because each state have different protocols and we are beginning to seeing that bear fruit. This person needs to have the ability to have the military and National Guard troops to keep order because there will be a total loss of social order if this spreads. They have it controlled right now but it has the potential to spread.

See the movie Contagion.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:32:21 am by Trigger »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 12:13:05 pm »

Preparedness: Earlier this week, Sen. John McCain called for an Ebola czar, not knowing one already effectively exists. Why should he, since Nicole Lurie, M.D., M.S.P.H., has been completely M.I.A.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/101514-721986-where-is-obama-administration-preparedness-leader-nicole-lurie-since-ebola.htm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I edited this since IBD only wants a title and link unless I pay for the article....not happening...NM
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:24:18 pm by mystery-ak »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Why Has Ebola Czar Nicole Lurie Been MIA?
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 12:14:31 pm »

Is it a coincidence that she looks like a lesbian....like all the others surrounding Barack Obama?   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 01:05:10 pm »
Is it a coincidence that she looks like a lesbian....like all the others surrounding Barack Obama?   :whistle:

Must be a job requirement.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

Obama Has An Ebola Czar. She Re-Directed Federal Research Money to a Democrat Donor

By: Erick Erickson (Diary)  |  October 15th, 2014 at 03:45 PM  |  21

NicoleLurie

You may be wondering why Barack Obama, with his propensity to name “czars” for every problem that ails us, has not named an Ebola Czar.

The reason is because he has, in fact, named an Ebola Czar. So why are we constantly seeing Dr. Tom Frieden of the CDC embarrass himself in press conferences instead of our Ebola Czar? Mollie Hemingway has the details. It turns out Dr. Nicole Lurie, the czar in charge of potential infectious disease catastrophes, has made the most of her time by funneling federal dollars to Democratic donors.

That would be the federal dollars the left says we need more of.

Even a position as suddenly critical as this has been politicized in the Obama Administration.

Seems this is another issue ripe for the campaign trail. Obama’s appointees cannot help themselves but to play politics in their positions.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/10/15/obama-has-an-ebola-czar-she-re-directed-federal-research-money-to-a-democrat-donor/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:13:33 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 01:24:45 pm »
Must be a job requirement.

I am dead serious, AW!

WTF.....everywhere one looks, you cannot find a heterosexual female that is the head or face of a federal agency under Barack Obama. 

Offline olde north church

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 01:28:01 pm »

She could be David Brenner's twin.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »
If David Brenner and Lily Tomlin had bred ...

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 01:39:45 pm »
If David Brenner and Lily Tomlin had bred ...

I just puked a little bit in the back of my mouth.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »
From Wiki:
The mission of her office is to lead the nation in preventing, responding to and recovering from the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters.
:silly:  We'll get right on that. After lunch.

Hey, DC, here's a surprise: she's not a lesbian. Clearly on oversight on Obama's part.
... Career is not the only phase of Lurie’s life that has benefited from her years at Penn. As a student, she met her future husband, Jesse L. Goodman, M.D., G.M.E. ’79, M.P.H., now chief scientist at the Food and Drug Administration. “We met in the cafeteria one night when we were both on call,” she says. They have three sons. ...
More from her med school alumni magazine
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:53:58 pm by mountaineer »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 02:20:26 pm »
I am dead serious, AW!

WTF.....everywhere one looks, you cannot find a heterosexual female that is the head or face of a federal agency under Barack Obama.

Clearly - Michelle is doing the hiring.  She don't want no good lookin'  MEN hangin' 'round the White House all low-downin' on her man, and to be on the safe side - all women gonna look like Flip Wilson in drag.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 02:27:14 pm »
From Wiki:

Hey, DC, here's a surprise: she's not a lesbian.

Three sons?   You're kidding, right?    :pondering:

Curly, Larry and  Moe?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 02:30:37 pm »
Larry, Darryl and Darryl.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 02:40:43 pm »

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 02:42:16 pm »
Geez, I'm guessin' she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

SPQR

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 02:53:49 pm »
You need a person who is an epidemiologist not a politician. He/She must be have the monetary budget ready. He/She needs to coordinate information  from all 50 states and have the labs around the clock running to find a cure. The reason being there are 50 standards of protocol because each state have different protocols and we are beginning to seeing that bear fruit. This person needs to have the ability to have the military and National Guard troops to keep order because there will be a total loss of social order if this spreads. They have it controlled right now but it has the potential to spread.

See the movie Contagion.

Its a  shame that they are approaching this way.  They hired a bureaucrat instead of a scientist