Author Topic: Could Kate's second baby be named after Princess Diana? Royal author says couple are planning Elizabeth Diana Windsor if they have daughter  (Read 512 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2772468/Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-second-baby-Diana-Dukes-mother-girl.html

Three weeks after it was revealed the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a second child, some punters are placing sums of at least £1,000 on its name.

And with speculation rife as to what Prince William and Kate will call their new child, one of the most authoritative of royal authors claimed today that he is convinced they will name it after Diana.

Andrew Morton - who wrote a biography of the Princess of Wales which revealed the truth behind her strained royal relationships - said a daughter would be given the name Elizabeth Diana Windsor

Offline flowers

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I personally have never understood our nation's obsession with England's Royal Family. I'm more worried about the monarchy forming here.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I personally have never understood our nation's obsession with England's Royal Family. I'm more worried about the monarchy forming here.
It's mostly grist for the media circus. Other people in England (this, for example, is from London's Daily Mail) report on it so the American media can pick up the tidbits for free. It makes good human interest fare.

But I don't think very many Americans (or Britons, for that matter—George is already the one in line for the throne) care that much about it, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024