Author Topic: By far....the most exciting MLB game played so far this year [NATIONALS vs DODGERS]  (Read 498 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
By far....the most exciting MLB game played so far this year [NATIONALS vs DODGERS]

LOS ANGELES -- Adam LaRoche didn't start Wednesday for the Washington Nationals, but he sure did finish.

LaRoche pinch hit in the ninth inning and ended up with five RBIs in Washington's wild 8-5, 14-inning win over the Los Angeles Dodgers.

He hit a tying homer and a go-ahead, two-run single in the 12th, and added a run-scoring grounder in the 14th that sent the Nationals to a hard-fought victory.

LaRoche was scheduled to sit out Wednesday because of a strained lower back but entered in the ninth and made an immediate impact with a homer to tie it 2-all.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11463104

complete play by play here:  http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/playbyplay?gameId=340903119

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Adam Laroche's game tying homer was with 2 outs in the 9th inning.  Bryce Harper was on 1st base.

then...they took the lead 3-2 when Denard Span singled home Danny Espinosa who entered to run for Lobaton.  Espinosa stole 2nd and advance to 3rd on Souza's ground out.

In the bottom of the 9th, with TWO OUTS...Eithier walked and scored the TYING run when RF Jason Werth lost the ball in the sun as the ball clunked off his glove in the RF corner.  Tied 3-3.

In the top of the 12th inning Adam Laroche singled scoring both Rendon and Werth to go up 5-3

In the bottom of the 12th again with TWO OUTS, Carl Crawford homered ...scoring Uribe to tie the game at 5-5.

In the top of the 14th, Adam Laroche grounded into a fielder's choice by beating out a double play attempt scoring Ian Desmond who had gone something like 0-19 during the 9 game roadtrip.

Asdrubral Cabrera (I love that name) homered into the RD bullpen scoring LaRoche to make the score 8-5

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Sounds like it was a good on. Remember years ago I think it was Cleveland the opposing team was ahead by at least 14 runs. The opposing team took out the regulars. Cleveland won.  I am thinking time frame 1998.

Online DCPatriot

Sounds like it was a good on. Remember years ago I think it was Cleveland the opposing team was ahead by at least 14 runs. The opposing team took out the regulars. Cleveland won.  I am thinking time frame 1998.

I don't recall that one, flowers.  LOL!

Chris Russo on MLB cable talked about the game most of the day today with Tom Verducci.   Calling the NATS, the best team in baseball and a favorite to win the World Series.    Don't know about that.....LOL!

Offline flowers

I don't recall that one, flowers.  LOL!

Chris Russo on MLB cable talked about the game most of the day today with Tom Verducci.   Calling the NATS, the best team in baseball and a favorite to win the World Series.    Don't know about that.....LOL!
If I can figure out what game I will post and let you know.