Author Topic: ISIS Seizes Armed Russian Jets in Syria and Issues Threat to Vladimir Putin: ‘..We are on Our Way to Attack..’ (Video)  (Read 1884 times)

SPQR

Oh - they are very paranoid! Just putting out some thoughts. The co-incidence of the jets being swiped and the anniversary fast approaching has the hair on my arms prickling. I listen to that.

Complete side note - good to see you posting again. You "sound" a lot more chipper, too.  :laugh:
Its not going to be long. I am studying the Russian history and Civil War for my military classes. To see how paranoid they are, they have a network of military bunkers underneath Moscow reserved for the Military brass and their alternate site Yamantau Mountain  mountain outside of Moscow. Its their NORAD complex. Its lingering belief among top Russian leaders that they must continue to prepare to fight and win a nuclear war.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:12:05 am by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Its not going to be long. I am studying the Russian history and Civil War for my military classes. To see how paranoid they are, they have a network of military bunkers underneath Moscow reserved for the Military brass and their alternate site Yamantau Mountain  mountain outside of Moscow. Its their NORAD complex.

Don't we all? The UK's historic one in London is rather well known, the one that was built in parallel with the Tube, but there are others. I live on top of one. The entire hill is chock full of tunnels. You have the Cheyenne Mountain complex ad undobtedly some that none speak of. The one guiding principal is the brass are going to run for cover, fast, if it ever hits the fan. They tend to be timid souls. Fine for others to be shot, but they act like it's a code blue when they get a paper cut themselves.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Takes about 20 seconds to reprogram an IFF."

I agree.But what do you program it to? Unless you have the codes? What do you program it to?

Any aircraft which is not IFF confirmed is red. And red is not good. It is bad. And it will not last long no matter who is piloting the aircraft.

Well, that is unless your are flying over insane Liberal-land, where they are required to respect "diversity" of IFF. And, of course, you never fire unless you are fired upon, even if that fire is a nuke down your throat. Of course at that point, you cannot 'fire back'. But that does no matter to the PC American government.

It doesen't matter to them. They are fine and dandy with it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
"Takes about 20 seconds to reprogram an IFF."

I agree.But what do you program it to? Unless you have the codes? What do you program it to?

Any aircraft which is not IFF confirmed is red. And red is not good. It is bad. And it will not last long no matter who is piloting the aircraft.

Well, that is unless your are flying over insane Liberal-land, where they are required to respect "diversity" of IFF. And, of course, you never fire unless you are fired upon, even if that fire is a nuke down your throat. Of course at that point, you cannot 'fire back'. But that does no matter to the PC American government.

It doesen't matter to them. They are fine and dandy with it.

You know - you crack me up way too often! Boil the liberal insanity down into about 2 sentences of humor! Please - NEVER stop doing that!  :laugh:

IFFs are not rotated that often, though, unless someone thinks there has been a security breach. It's roughly monthly for the Russians. About biannually for most of the West. We got fat and happy and are going to pay for it. Israel does it every morning.

Mind if we take techniques to PM?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

IFFs are not rotated that often, though, unless someone thinks there has been a security breach. It's roughly monthly for the Russians. About biannually for most of the West. We got fat and happy and are going to pay for it. Israel does it every morning.

240B, brings a point. Threatening a country with an attack cause their air defense apparatus to change often and ordering their men eyes glued to the radar sets. For the Russians more on a weekly basis rather than a monthly basis sense the threat. Where do you find it where it says that it change it on a monthly basis.I am willing to bet we change more often because of a threat.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:15:38 am by Trigger »