Author Topic: ISIS Seizes Armed Russian Jets in Syria and Issues Threat to Vladimir Putin: ‘..We are on Our Way to Attack..’ (Video)  (Read 1878 times)

rangerrebew

ISIS Seizes Armed Russian Jets in Syria and Issues Threat to Vladimir Putin: ‘..We are on Our Way to Attack..’ (Video)

Posted by sharia unveiled on September 3, 2014

Russian Jet - Yak-130 (revised)

Russian YAK-130

by, Allison Quinn | The Moscow Times

Members of the Islamic State, a violent group of extremists presently terrorizing Iraq and Syria, have released a video threatening President Vladimir Putin and vowing to wage war in Russia’s restive North Caucasus.

Message to Putin

A video released by Al Arabiya and reportedly filmed in a seized airport in the Syrian province of Raqqa features an Islamic State fighter seated in a military jet, saying: “This message is for you, Vladimir Putin! These are the aircraft you sent to Bashar [Assad], and we’re going to send them to you. Remember that!”

Исламское государство: послание Путину. “Мы освободим Чечню и весь Кавказ”

Video courtesy of: RusVideo63

To see this video with English Subtitles CLICK HERE

Translation courtesy of: MEMRI

The voice of a Russian speaker can also be heard in the video, describing the jets seized by Islamic State fighters. “This is Russian technology,” he says.

The Islamic State has openly declared war on the U.S., driving its point home by having beheaded two U.S. journalists in as many weeks. This is the first time members of the group have personally taunted the Russian president.

“We will with the consent of Allah free Chechnya and all of the Caucasus! The Islamic State is here and will stay here, and it will spread with the grace of Allah!” a fighter is shown saying in the video, which is available on YouTube with Russian subtitles.

Addressing Putin personally, the fighter added: “Your throne has already been shaken, it is under threat and will fall with our arrival [in Russia]. … We’re already on our way with the  of Allah!”

Syria and Rise of ISIS

Russia has provoked condemnation from the Islamic State for seemingly having shielded the Syrian regime through the course of the country’s civil war. In the new video, radical fighters vow to destroy Assad, whom they refer to as a “pig.”

The Syrian conflict has thrust the Islamic State into the spotlight, with an estimated 50,000 fighters in the country, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. In June, members of the group seized control of several cities in Iraq, where there are now an estimated 30,000 Islamic State fighters.

Although no link has been proven between militants in Russia’s turbulent North Caucasus and the Islamic State, Russia’s Federal Security Service has estimated that hundreds of residents of the North Caucasus have gone to fight in Syria.

In the newly released video, members of the Islamic State declare the same goal as Russia’s domestic militant group the Caucasus Emirate — a development that is sure to alarm experts in Russia who have warned of radicalized fighters returning from Syria to Russian soil.

Grozny Reacts

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov took to Instagram on Wednesday to provide the first reaction by a Russian official to the Islamic State’s warning, referring to it as a “childish threat.”

In a statement posted alongside a heavily-filtered photo of himself wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with Putin’s face, Kadyrov said the Islamic State fighters were “saying only what their masters in the West’s security services were telling them to say.”

“These jerks have nothing to do with Islam. They are the blatant enemies of Muslims all over the world. Naive people decided to threaten Chechnya and all of Russia with two aircraft. They can sit in 2,000 aircraft and still not make it to Russia,” Kadyrov wrote.

“I declare, with all responsibility, that whoever gets it into their heads to threaten Russia and speak the name of President Vladimir Putin will be destroyed as soon as he says it,” he wrote, adding: “We won’t even wait for him to sit at the helm of a plane.”

On Tuesday, prior to the video’s release, Russia’s Foreign Ministry condemned the group’s “horrific crimes” in an official statement, calling for China and Western countries to join forces in helping bring an end to the group’s reign of terror.

Russia’s Defense Ministry sent several attack helicopters to Baghdad on Monday to help Iraq’s military fight the Islamic State. In early July, it provided five Su-24 fighter aircraft to the country.

- – -

Editorial Footnote:

For anyone that does not recall, let us not forget that it was President Vladimir Putin that was fighting AGAINST ISIS in Syria over the past 3 years.  President Putin had the intellect and the foresight to know that ISIS, if not destroyed in Syria, would one day pose a greater threat to the world.  Well, that day is today…

And let us also not forget that it was Barack Hussein Obama, PM Erdogan of Turkey, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE that financially funded and supplied ISIS with weapons in Syria, which allowed them to become what they are today…

And oh yeah.. a little message to you ISIS fools;  Putin is no pansy-ass like Obama.  Just try flying those jets into Russia and see where it gets you.  Putin will blow your akbar asses out of the sky faster than you can say ‘pork-rind.’

- j.s.m. @ sharia unveiled

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What a terrific opportunity for Putin to change the current perception.

He claims he could "take Kiev in 2 weeks"....so why not, in the meantime, completely wipe out ISIL's base of operations in Eastern Syria?

A small tactical neutron bomb that would essentially leave the infrastructure in place while wiping out these insane butchers.

....at least that's the way the script would read if I was writing it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

What a terrific opportunity for Putin to change the current perception.

He claims he could "take Kiev in 2 weeks"....so why not, in the meantime, completely wipe out ISIL's base of operations in Eastern Syria?

A small tactical neutron bomb that would essentially leave the infrastructure in place while wiping out these insane butchers.

....at least that's the way the script would read if I was writing it.

I like the thought but I would use additional tactics. It would center around special ops and covert activities.
"The World" wouldn't even know we had been there and I would admit NOTHING.  The only thing known for sure is that people would start disappearing.....in large numbers.
Rumors would run rampant, and that would be a good thing.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:26:59 pm by evadR² »
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

rangerrebew

I like the thought but I would use additional tactics. It would center around special ops and covert activities.
"The World" wouldn't even know we had been there and I would admit NOTHING.  The only thing know for sure is that people would start disappearing.....in large numbers.
Rumors would run rampant, and that would be a good thing.

Hey, that sounds like an off shoot of Obamaism! :silly:

Offline evadR

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
[[ Members of the Islamic State, a violent group of extremists presently terrorizing Iraq and Syria, have released a video threatening President Vladimir Putin and vowing to wage war in Russia’s restive North Caucasus. ]]

Sumthin' tells me that this isn't going to work out as well as they're expecting....

SPQR

From the article:
[[ Members of the Islamic State, a violent group of extremists presently terrorizing Iraq and Syria, have released a video threatening President Vladimir Putin and vowing to wage war in Russia’s restive North Caucasus. ]]

Sumthin' tells me that this isn't going to work out as well as they're expecting....

Seizing the planes is one thing but do they have the pilots to fly a very complex machine

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Seizing the planes is one thing but do they have the pilots to fly a very complex machine

I wonder who is training them. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

SPQR

I wonder who is training them.

It is not Putin. He hates them. Remember he put down the rebels in Chechenya who are Islamic. In fact he demanded them to conform to Russian Values
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:04:22 am by Trigger »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They have the funds to hire mercs. Chinese, for example, will fight any where for anyone if the price is right. And they are trained in using advanced technology, from SAMs to jets.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

SPQR

They have the funds to hire mercs. Chinese, for example, will fight any where for anyone if the price is right. And they are trained in using advanced technology, from SAMs to jets.

That could be a possibility but China and Russia have become closer in the last 10 years. So Putin would know if China would be doing and he might ask China to cease. But it takes years to train a pilot. Its not a overnight thing especially if you are using a MIG
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:07:32 am by Trigger »

SPQR

That could be a possibility but China and Russia have become closer in the last 10 years. So Putin would know if China would be doing and he might ask China to cease. But it takes years to train a pilot. Its not a overnight thing especially if you are using a MIG

Anyways, if an ISIS plane happen to fly over Syrian territory all it takes a flip of a switch to launch a SAM or MANPAD. We all know the Syrian Army have plenty of them
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:14:20 am by Trigger »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am not speaking of the Chinese government being involved. Mercs are independent private groups. But theie skill is in question.

But, I agree with you. It is one thing to be able to fly it, but it is an entirely different thing to be able to take it into combat successfully and survive.

For example, when the Egyptians fought the Israelies with jets and airpower, the shoot down ratio was 80 to 1 for the Israelies.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

SPQR

I am not speaking of the Chinese government being involved. Mercs are independent private groups. But theie skill is in question.

But, I agree with you. It is one thing to be able to fly it, but it is an entirely different thing to be able to take it into combat successfully and survive.

For example, when the Egyptians fought the Israelies with jets and airpower, the shoot down ratio was 80 to 1 for the Israelies.

The mercenaries would have to be from nations that carry MIGs in their inventories. Nations like Pakistan or India. Pakistan has Chinese JF-17 planes which would be a close cousin of the MIG. Right now, those governments are keeping a very close eye on them.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:11:24 am by Trigger »

SPQR

If ISIS is going to cross Russian airspace to get Vladimir Putin they are dreaming. Russia has the thickest intergrated air defense network in the world. They have 100 ABMs protecting Moscow. They better get a pilot that knows all of the holes in Russia's air defense network.

http://vnfawing.com/VNFAWING-Russian-IADS-1.htm
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:13:40 am by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
But it takes years to train a pilot. Its not a overnight thing especially if you are using a MIG

I don't know - MIGs are not that hard to fly, I've had a few hours in them (21s, mainly - wanted my fixed wing credit). The mechanics have a joke about them - they are not only foolproof. Not only idiot proof. They are Russian proof. If you can handle a Cessna, you can handle most of the older MIGs, no question.

Handling them effectively in combat is a different kettle of cod - but we aren't talking about people with much respect for lives here.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

I don't know - MIGs are not that hard to fly, I've had a few hours in them (21s, mainly - wanted my fixed wing credit). The mechanics have a joke about them - they are not only foolproof. Not only idiot proof. They are Russian proof. If you can handle a Cessna, you can handle most of the older MIGs, no question.

Handling them effectively in combat is a different kettle of cod - but we aren't talking about people with much respect for lives here.

Yes but they have a habit of crashing. India got rid of their of their stock because they were constantly crashing. Syria's stock is mainly MIG-21s. But they would not still penetrate Russian air defense network without being shot down by a SAM or a fighter.

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/08/the-trouble-with-indian-air-forces-mig-21-fighter-jets/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:17:57 am by Trigger »

Offline kevindavis007

Unless some pilots convert to ISIS cause..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

SPQR

Unless some pilots convert to ISIS cause..

Those nations pilots are very well watched and top of the line. They are all hand picked and screened by their various nations like our pilots. The Chinese and Russian governments have clamp down on their Muslim population. But Muslims will be the majority in 2020. So expect a mosque in red Square.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:45:49 am by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yes but they have a habit of crashing. India got rid of their of their stock because they were constantly crashing. Syria's stock is mainly MIG-21s. But they would not still penetrate Russian air defense network without being shot down by a SAM or a fighter.

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/08/the-trouble-with-indian-air-forces-mig-21-fighter-jets/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Thank you for the link - interesting.

Most of the Indian crashes were down to good, old-fashioned poor maintenance and poor training, if I recall, rather than bad engineering. Monsoon season is not kind to aircraft, or indeed any gear!

And you'd be surprised how easy it is. Sure, you'd not get into Moscow airspace without a serious bit of skill and finesse, but a 21's radar signature, a valid current call sign (or IFF beacon) and a slightly bored voice, contacting an ATC in the sticks will slide over the border just fine. I do/did this for a living for a long time.  :tongue2:

SPQR

Thank you for the link - interesting.

Most of the Indian crashes were down to good, old-fashioned poor maintenance and poor training, if I recall, rather than bad engineering. Monsoon season is not kind to aircraft, or indeed any gear!

And you'd be surprised how easy it is. Sure, you'd not get into Moscow airspace without a serious bit of skill and finesse, but a 21's radar signature, a valid current call sign (or IFF beacon) and a slightly bored voice, contacting an ATC in the sticks will slide over the border just fine. I do/did this for a living for a long time.  :tongue2:

I doubt that ISIS would have the current beacon and qualified pilots. Russian Air Force may have changed them because of the threat. They would probably be met by Russian Air Force fighters. They would be curious about a plane heading toward Moscow from Syria. I think they have standing orders to check anything out of the ordinary and contacting the plane by voice ground control. The Russians suposedly fixed their IFF systems after the Russia-Georgia war in August 2008
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:40:28 am by Trigger »

SPQR

I doubt that ISIS would have the current beacon and qualified pilots. Russian Air Force may have changed them because of the threat. They would probably be met by Russian Air Force fighters. They would be curious about a plane heading toward Moscow from Syria. I think they have standing orders to check anything out of the ordinary and contacting the plane by voice ground control. The Russians suposedly fixed their IFF systems after the Russia-Georgia war in August 2008

Air force and air defense reorganization has occurred three times since the collapse of the Soviet Union. In 1992 they decreased fivefold, in 1997 by 2.5 times, and after the latest “optimization” is complete, it will mark an additional twofold decline. Air defense formations will be converted into aerospace defense brigades and air divisions into first-category air bases (air regiments will form second category air bases). Second category air bases will replace the regiment of two squadrons with one: the main tactical unit will be a single squadron of 12-16 aircraft

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I doubt that ISIS would have the current beacon and qualified pilots. Russian Air Force may have changed them because of the threat. They would probably be met by Russian Air Force fighters. They would be curious about a plane heading toward Moscow from Syria. I think they have standing orders to check anything out of the ordinary and contacting the plane by voice ground control.

Takes about 20 seconds to reprogram an IFF. You can even do it in flight in the 21 - and in my baby. All it takes is an innocent little plane - maybe taking a disposable minister to an economic conference - to pick up current codes. Because, yes, the Russians do take their airspace seriously. That is a given. They are no where near as lax as the US or the UK about double checking, and they do keep fighters in the air at risky borders and around Moscow at all times.

I'd not hit Moscow. Plenty of nice places on the Black Sea where the bigwigs relax on the weekend. It's also pretty wide open. Sure, there are forces there, but these pilots don't expect to come home at all, never mind in one piece. Can you imagine the confusion if half the Russian government and top echelon military got wiped out? We already know these scum are not above casual genocide.

As for qualified pilots - I could teach you to fly a MiG 15 in an hour, tops. A 21 would take you about 3 hours to get the hang of. It's easier than teaching someone stick shift - especially if you don't expect them to need to land.

SPQR

I'd not hit Moscow. Plenty of nice places on the Black Sea where the bigwigs relax on the weekend. It's also pretty wide open. Sure, there are forces there, but these pilots don't expect to come home at all, never mind in one piece. Can you imagine the confusion if half the Russian government and top echelon military got wiped out? We already know these scum are not above casual genocide.

I doubt that there will be any confusion. The Russians are very paranoid about people entering their country illegally especially outsiders. Just look at their history.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:03:41 am by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I doubt that there will be any confusion. The Russians are very paranoid about people entering their country illegally especially outsiders. Just look at their history.

Oh - they are very paranoid! Just putting out some thoughts. The co-incidence of the jets being swiped and the anniversary fast approaching has the hair on my arms prickling. I listen to that.

Complete side note - good to see you posting again. You "sound" a lot more chipper, too.  :laugh: