Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 506385 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #925 on: June 17, 2016, 05:16:16 am »
So sorry for your loss, Kart. 

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #926 on: June 17, 2016, 05:58:46 am »
Our hearts are aching as our dearest and sweetest four legged friend pasted away last night. Hope would have been 15 next month. She was grouchy in her old age, but there was a time the kids in the neighborhood thought of her like she was one of them and we actually had kids ring the door bell to see if Hope could come out to play. She is gone now, but her paw prints will remain tracked across our hears forever.

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.
The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855
@kartographer

My sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved pet...we've had many cross over Rainbow Bridge and even though they bring great joy to our lives, it also brings heartache when they pass.  IMO, the joy, loyalty and love they bring us far outweighs the pain of the loss.

Best wishes to you and the Mrs.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #927 on: June 17, 2016, 06:04:02 am »
@kartographer   It's so sad to read your post.  My heart goes out to you. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #928 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:04 am »
@kartographer
I am so sorry for your loss.  Dog lives are indeed too short.......

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #929 on: June 17, 2016, 01:54:07 pm »
So sorry for your loss, @kartographer.  Damn, that's so hard when that happens. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #930 on: June 17, 2016, 02:18:37 pm »
A very heart warming story here...

https://streetdogrescue.wordpress.com/2014/05/14/khaleesis-story-from-street-to-safety/

And her current state...

http://www.viralnova.com/dying-street-dog/26/

Heartbreaking story- yet that dog was so gentle and grateful with her rescuers. So glad she is doing well. God bless those who care for animals.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #931 on: June 17, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »
My male bulldog's family..lol

one of the girls

nap time

Daddy Spike

Congratulations. Puppies are the best.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #932 on: June 17, 2016, 02:23:29 pm »
Our hearts are aching as our dearest and sweetest four legged friend pasted away last night. Hope would have been 15 next month. She was grouchy in her old age, but there was a time the kids in the neighborhood thought of her like she was one of them and we actually had kids ring the door bell to see if Hope could come out to play. She is gone now, but her paw prints will remain tracked across our hears forever.

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.
The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Hope had a wonderful life. I, too, have lost many dear well-loved dogs. I will be facing another loss soon, but I could not live without dogs.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #933 on: June 17, 2016, 02:23:45 pm »

Tío (Spanish slang for uncle) is my nine year old best friend.  He is a Bichon frise.  "Adventure" is his middle name.  His ancestors were painted by Francisco de Goya. He weights 25 lbs, very smart and handsome (when groomed), is an alpha male, will protect his turf, still loves the cute ladies, has been run over by a car, almost eaten alive by a big gator, fell over board on sailboat, loves to ride in the golf cart while barking at the wind, and usually can be found next to his master.

We have four Bichons, all rescues.  Three males, one female.  Will post pics sometime when they're clean like yours. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #934 on: June 17, 2016, 02:34:33 pm »
Sorry to hear that kart..I think everyone here knows that loss....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #935 on: June 17, 2016, 02:40:29 pm »
Heartbreaking story- yet that dog was so gentle and grateful with her rescuers. So glad she is doing well. God bless those who care for animals.

Good story, @austingirl.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #936 on: June 22, 2016, 02:15:44 pm »
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d197a9449122469eb91f3236a9bb0b39/american-kennel-clubs-newest-breed-meet-lively-pumi

American Kennel Club's newest breed: Meet the lively pumi

By JENNIFER PELTZ
Jun. 22, 2016 12:15 AM EDT

In this undated photo provided by the American Kennel Club, a pumi is shown. The high-energy... Read more

NEW YORK (AP) — A high-energy Hungarian herding dog is the latest new breed headed to the Westminster Kennel Club and many other U.S. dog shows.

The American Kennel Club is announcing Wednesday that it is recognizing the pumi, the 190th breed to join the roster of the nation's oldest purebred dog registry. That means the pumi can vie for best of breed at Westminster for the first time next February.

With coats of corkscrew curls and ears that flop at the tips, the pumi (pronounced POOM'-ee) has a whimsical expression that belies its strong work ethic, fanciers say. The 20-to-30-pound breed goes back centuries in Hungary, where it herded cattle, sheep, and swine. It's related to the puli, a breed already recognized by the AKC and known for its coat of long cords.

Like many herding dogs, pumis — the proper plural is actually "pumik" — are alert and active.

"They're not for somebody who's going to sit and watch TV all day long," said Chris Levy, president of the Hungarian Pumi Club of America. But if provided with enough exercise and stimulation, "the pumi can chill out."

Considered quick learners, pumis have done well at agility and other canine sports. Some in the U.S. also herd rabbits, chickens, goats and even cats in a cattery, said Levy, who breeds the dogs in Salem, Oregon. She and others have been working to build up the breed in the U.S. for two decades, but it's still quite rare.

AKC recognition requires having at least 300 dogs of the breed nationwide, among other criteria. Two other new breeds, the American hairless terrier and an ancient North African hound called the sloughi, were recognized this past January and will also be eligible for Westminster for the first time next year.

Some animal-rights advocates say dog breeding is too appearance-focused and irresponsible when many mixed-breed animals need adoption. The AKC says conscientious breeding helps people and pets make happy matches by making the animals' characteristics somewhat more predictable.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline austingirl

« Reply #937 on: June 22, 2016, 02:29:12 pm »
@mystery-ak

How are the puppies?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #938 on: June 22, 2016, 02:35:22 pm »
@mystery-ak

How are the puppies?

I was supposed to get photos yesterday..I need to remind them to send them.

Support the USO

Offline austingirl

« Reply #939 on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:15 pm »

Will check back to look for photos. ^-^

Wingnut

« Reply #940 on: June 23, 2016, 01:19:05 pm »

@mystery-ak   Are you getting them proceessed into Slides or Kodachrome?  :smokin:  Just so you know they do have this thing these days that preform Digital imaging.  :tongue2:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #941 on: July 05, 2016, 05:01:31 pm »
Well, I have some sad news.

After about nine years of loyalty and companionship, my family's cat appears to have passed away. He was very ill in his last few months—he lost most use of his hind legs—but he was one of the smartest and gentlest (at least around humans) wildcats you would ever meet. After weeks of mostly being confined to the backyard, he disappeared a couple of nights ago, not long after I heard him howling in great pain.

He was a good cat. (Alas, I don't think I have any pictures of him.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #942 on: July 05, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »
Well, I have some sad news.

After about nine years of loyalty and companionship, my family's cat appears to have passed away. He was very ill in his last few months—he lost most use of his hind legs—but he was one of the smartest and gentlest (at least around humans) wildcats you would ever meet. After weeks of mostly being confined to the backyard, he disappeared a couple of nights ago, not long after I heard him howling in great pain.

He was a good cat. (Alas, I don't think I have any pictures of him.)

So,  sorry,  Jmyrle. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #943 on: July 05, 2016, 05:28:13 pm »
Baby girl

Lost one puppy..mother rolled on top of him during the night... 8888crybaby

sorry for quality...this is what I got
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:29:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

« Reply #944 on: July 06, 2016, 11:57:01 pm »
@mystery-ak

So sorry to hear about the loss of the pup.

Thanks for the pics.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #945 on: July 06, 2016, 11:58:36 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Sorry for your loss.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #946 on: July 07, 2016, 02:07:49 am »
Rylo Edlenhüter

7 weeks old here:

10 months old here from a few days ago.

85 lbs.  Will most likely be 110 like his sire when he is full grown.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:10:55 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #947 on: July 07, 2016, 02:11:52 am »
Rylo is beautiful!

Offline kalee

« Reply #948 on: July 07, 2016, 02:22:31 am »
I have a ragdoll, a rescue who we believe spent her early years in a cattery. She's a beauty but temperamental and has to be in control. You only pet her at her invitation and only for the number of strokes she allows, usually three, any more you may be missing a hand.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #949 on: July 07, 2016, 02:24:41 am »
Rylo is beautiful!

Thank you!  He is pretty, but a pain as he's in his 'rebellious' phase.

Smart pups though.  Very intelligent, which is why he pushes the envelopes.

He love him some frisbee.  4 times a day.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775