Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502196 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #900 on: May 31, 2016, 02:23:26 am »
@Texas Yellow Rose

Lucy is a cutie. Thanks for sharing your eclectic mix of critters.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #901 on: May 31, 2016, 02:24:59 am »
I have little dogs - that way I can have more!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #902 on: May 31, 2016, 02:31:34 am »
My lab weighs 120.

That's a big lab!  You're in Pyrenees territory at that size.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #903 on: June 10, 2016, 08:37:26 pm »
Our 100 lb lap dog Indy a German Shepherd/Collie mix

And his cuddle buddy Patches

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #904 on: June 10, 2016, 08:43:31 pm »

What a handsome pup!  And, he's got to be smart with that background.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #905 on: June 10, 2016, 09:22:22 pm »

Tío (Spanish slang for uncle) is my nine year old best friend.  He is a Bichon frise.  "Adventure" is his middle name.  His ancestors were painted by Francisco de Goya. He weights 25 lbs, very smart and handsome (when groomed), is an alpha male, will protect his turf, still loves the cute ladies, has been run over by a car, almost eaten alive by a big gator, fell over board on sailboat, loves to ride in the golf cart while barking at the wind, and usually can be found next to his master.

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #906 on: June 10, 2016, 10:01:55 pm »
What a handsome pup!  And, he's got to be smart with that background.

Smartest dog I've ever owned. The wife has done an outstanding job of training him too. He is also the most sociable hound I've ever had. A stranger is just a friend he has not met yet.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #907 on: June 10, 2016, 11:55:39 pm »

Tío (Spanish slang for uncle) is my nine year old best friend.  He is a Bichon frise.  "Adventure" is his middle name.  His ancestors were painted by Francisco de Goya. He weights 25 lbs, very smart and handsome (when groomed), is an alpha male, will protect his turf, still loves the cute ladies, has been run over by a car, almost eaten alive by a big gator, fell over board on sailboat, loves to ride in the golf cart while barking at the wind, and usually can be found next to his master.

Awwww!  Tio guapo!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:56:12 pm by Sanguine »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #908 on: June 11, 2016, 05:20:00 am »

Our newest pet makes his debut. So what does the wife want to do with her Birthday money, buy a new purse, a watch, some jewelry or a day at the spa? Nope. She went out and bought a Snowflake Moray EEL.  Such is the life of a reefer.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

« Reply #909 on: June 11, 2016, 06:17:01 am »
Meet Knuckle

"Yo."

He was such a cute puppy, I'm not sure what happened. lol

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #910 on: June 11, 2016, 12:49:09 pm »
Meet Knuckle

"Yo."

Great name!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #911 on: June 11, 2016, 12:49:52 pm »

Our newest pet makes his debut. So what does the wife want to do with her Birthday money, buy a new purse, a watch, some jewelry or a day at the spa? Nope. She went out and bought a Snowflake Moray EEL.  Such is the life of a reefer.

You're a lucky man, Navy!

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #912 on: June 11, 2016, 01:40:50 pm »
Awwww!  Tio guapo!

Tío dice gracias por decir que él es guapo...

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Wingnut

« Reply #913 on: June 11, 2016, 01:48:00 pm »

I guess that is what you call a real Wet Dream! 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #914 on: June 11, 2016, 02:14:40 pm »
Tío dice gracias por decir que él es guapo...

Tell him, de nada!

Offline austingirl

« Reply #915 on: June 11, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »

Indy looks like a very happy fellow. And he is friendly with a C-A-T as we say in my house so as not to rile up the terriers. LOL.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #916 on: June 11, 2016, 05:01:48 pm »

Tio is a doll and a survivor! My little Rocky (pictured upthread) is a 16 year old Bichon or bichon mix. He was a pound puppy. Frail, congestive heart failure, blind but still alpha. Bichons are wonderful.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #917 on: June 11, 2016, 05:14:15 pm »
Meet Knuckle

"Yo."

Knuckle looks like he can handle himself.  ^-^

geronl

« Reply #918 on: June 11, 2016, 05:33:08 pm »
Knuckle looks like he can handle himself.  ^-^

he's a huge whiny baby! lol

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #919 on: June 16, 2016, 06:34:56 pm »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #920 on: June 16, 2016, 06:47:47 pm »
My male bulldog's family..lol

one of the girls

nap time

Daddy Spike
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #921 on: June 16, 2016, 07:04:20 pm »
Oh my goodness, they are precious.

They are like fat little piggies...they can't walk yet...the wiggle and roll all over the floor.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #922 on: June 17, 2016, 03:08:13 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #923 on: June 17, 2016, 03:14:40 am »
They're the shape bulldogs are supposed to be. :)

I never did get the delight of "puppy breath".  Both my husband and I decided it was some weird cross of coffee and week old skunk odor. :)

Offline kartographer

« Reply #924 on: June 17, 2016, 05:09:33 am »
Our hearts are aching as our dearest and sweetest four legged friend pasted away last night. Hope would have been 15 next month. She was grouchy in her old age, but there was a time the kids in the neighborhood thought of her like she was one of them and we actually had kids ring the door bell to see if Hope could come out to play. She is gone now, but her paw prints will remain tracked across our hears forever.

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.
The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."