Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 503926 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #850 on: January 30, 2016, 04:17:59 pm »
Goodbye my Dear Friend.   At nearly 17 we had to have Takara our Shiba Inu put down yesterday. He has been the most wonderful dog, and every one who has ever met him knows how special and kind, and a friend to all that he was. So special, we were told by his breeder to never let him near our bird (Blue-crowned Conure) because Shiba's would attack and kill them. Not Takara, he loved that bird who he would nuzzle up against and that bird in returned loved him. But God loved him too, and today in Heaven they are together once more. Until we see them again.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:19:08 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #851 on: January 30, 2016, 04:26:46 pm »
Goodbye my Dear Friend.   At nearly 17 we had to have Takara our Shiba Inu put down yesterday. He has been the most wonderful dog, and every one who has ever met him knows how special and kind, and a friend to all that he was. So special, we were told by his breeder to never let him near our bird (Blue-crowned Conure) because Shiba's would attack and kill them. Not Takara, he loved that bird who he would nuzzle up against and that bird in returned loved him. But God loved him too, and today in Heaven they are together once more. Until we see them again.

Sorry for the loss of your precious pet Navy.  I lost both of my dogs last year and I am still grieving.  We will see them again, I have no doubt.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #852 on: January 30, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »
I am so sorry, my friend.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #853 on: January 30, 2016, 04:45:20 pm »
So sorry to read of your loss, Navy.  Condolences to your whole family.

Offline flowers

« Reply #854 on: January 30, 2016, 06:33:21 pm »
I a so sorry for your loss Navy. Losing a beloved pet is one of the worse things. Condolences.  8888crybaby

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #855 on: January 30, 2016, 06:58:52 pm »
My deepest condolences. I lost my Shepherd in May. The only one who missed him more than me was my Chessie. So now a Shepherd /Malamute cross is in the mix.

To me one of the great sadnesses of the Universe is that dogs lives are far too short, and too many bastards' are far too long.

Hang in there. It takes a long time, but it will get tolerable.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #856 on: February 02, 2016, 01:34:56 am »

The day we brought Takara home.  What a cutie, and have you ever seen such a little character?   Thanks everyone for your condolences. The week leading up to the event was the hardest on us. Shed many tears as I held him close knowing that the day was getting closer, especially as the family was gathered around him for prayer just before taking him to the car. To help ease the pain, over the weekend I took the family to Seattle's Experience Music Project a pretty cool and unique place to visit, then Sunday after church to the gun range. I would recommend anyone going through the same thing to do something wild and crazy and fun shortly afterward. It really does help. 

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #857 on: February 02, 2016, 02:15:58 am »
Adorable little guy.  Shiba Inu are special. 

Offline TheMom

« Reply #858 on: February 02, 2016, 02:49:45 pm »
So sorry to hear about the loss of your precious puppy.  He was beautiful.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #859 on: February 20, 2016, 04:25:12 pm »
I felt the need for some uplifting reading this morning.  This definitely helped:

4 Stories That Prove Animals Have Souls

http://nedhardy.com/2016/02/12/14-stories-that-prove-animals-have-souls/

Offline Eaker

« Reply #860 on: February 21, 2016, 11:29:03 pm »
Sorry to hear you lost your pup.

It is very hard to get over.
I hate being bi-polar; its awesome!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #861 on: February 21, 2016, 11:36:18 pm »
Just read this Navy...I am so sorry....I think all of us on this thread knows what it is like to lose one of our furry babies...my sympathies.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #862 on: February 25, 2016, 01:55:55 am »
Bringing this thread back to a happier side of life. Sharing our other pets - A little piece of Hawaii right in our family room. One of the finest privately owned  reef aquariums in the NW we are told, and featured in Aquarium World Magazine a couple of years ago. The larger tank is all real coral, the smaller tank (top photo) is synthetic coral where we keep fish the would eat the real stuff. 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:00:22 am by NavyCanDo »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #863 on: February 25, 2016, 02:17:59 am »
Absolutely beautiful, Navy!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #864 on: February 25, 2016, 02:20:59 am »
I could sit and watch those fish for hours...just beautiful
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TheMom

« Reply #865 on: February 25, 2016, 03:58:29 am »
WOW!  That's amazing.

Back in the day when we had fish tanks I would sit and watch them forever ~ so relaxing.  Never had the nerve to try salt water though.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #866 on: March 17, 2016, 12:28:44 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #867 on: March 17, 2016, 12:56:59 am »
 :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #868 on: March 17, 2016, 01:05:56 am »
:silly:

Have an enclosed (on three sides) balcony deck on the third floor with 49 year old pine trees touching my gutters.

I'd be afraid to let mine out there ...they might see a squirrel in a tree and jump onto a branch...I'd never see them again.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #869 on: April 28, 2016, 02:34:03 pm »

This is Bear. A purebred Labrador retriever whose favorite hobbies are swimming,grouse hunting,and being spoiled

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:36:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #870 on: April 28, 2016, 02:35:52 pm »
Bringing this thread back to a happier side of life. Sharing our other pets - A little piece of Hawaii right in our family room. One of the finest privately owned  reef aquariums in the NW we are told, and featured in Aquarium World Magazine a couple of years ago. The larger tank is all real coral, the smaller tank (top photo) is synthetic coral where we keep fish the would eat the real stuff. 

Pretty awesome. My problem with aquariums is they increase the humidity of the house, as we live by the ocean, this is already a problem.

Offline Millee

« Reply #871 on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:33 pm »
Have you seen this??  A lovely tribute:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3unTt67nxg

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #872 on: April 28, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »
Have you seen this??  A lovely tribute:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3unTt67nxg

beautiful....just beautiful. 

We lost our beautiful Golden 16 years ago - I thought my heart would break.  It took two years before we were ready for a new furry friend.  Now, my spirited, loving, crazy-smart Border Collie has cataracts, achy joints, getting deaf.  Yesterday he stumbled just walking through the grass outside.

I'd have to disagree with God on some things if I ever get my say.....dogs lives are waaaaaaaaaay too short.   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #873 on: April 29, 2016, 01:31:11 am »

Wingnut

« Reply #874 on: April 29, 2016, 03:22:10 am »
My Buddy Maxwell Smart enjoying the Fort Worth snow.  He left us on 1/4/15.