Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 506323 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #625 on: February 19, 2014, 03:02:15 am »
I enjoyed the story, DC, though felt really bad for the cat. He must have been frantic to get back to familiar surroundings.  My cats are iffy, in that sometimes they like to cuddle but most times, they like to do their own thing. They are nosy, so are underfoot whenever I want to get something done.

Every night, they will lay around in the living room, but as soon as I turn off the lights and go to bed, they are right there. Both cuddle then, and Lizzie likes to nuzzle and purr, while kneading my neck. She puts her face up to it, and I can't stand it. I have to allow her to do it, or she will pester me all night to get her nuzzling time. I learn something new about them every day.

~LOL~ one of my dogs always comes in and turns around and insists I scratch her back ........... no nuzzling...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2014, 01:05:31 pm »
Who would want to open a pet shop when the need for adoptive homes is so great?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #627 on: February 20, 2014, 01:42:21 pm »
I have 4 wonderful, adopted dogs.  Sad to say my 10 year-old Daisy, a rat terrier mix, is on the decline with congestive heart failure.  She was my parents dog previously.  It will be so painful to see her go.  Sadie, a husky/shepard mix, is almost 13 and on the decline as well.  Darn.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #628 on: February 20, 2014, 01:45:18 pm »
I have 4 wonderful, adopted dogs.  Sad to say my 10 year-old Daisy, a rat terrier mix, is on the decline with congestive heart failure.  She was my parents dog previously.  It will be so painful to see her go.  Sadie, a husky/shepard mix, is almost 13 and on the decline as well.  Darn.

Think I posted this up-thread, but not sure. It bears repeating.

There is a reason people live for 70 years and dogs only about 15. People need to learn to love. Dogs are born knowing how to do that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #629 on: February 20, 2014, 09:04:52 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #630 on: February 20, 2014, 09:11:31 pm »
Good one! I really, really, really enjoyed it!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #631 on: February 20, 2014, 09:12:34 pm »
Good one! I really, really, really enjoyed it!
:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #632 on: February 21, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #633 on: February 24, 2014, 05:27:43 pm »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #634 on: February 24, 2014, 11:16:29 pm »
I have one of these.  Its like living with a toddler.

Offline happyg

« Reply #635 on: February 24, 2014, 11:36:19 pm »

I have two of those. They get between the shower curtains. When I do shut the doors, I can see their paws underneath, trying to get my attention.

Niall is a male outdoor cat, though he hasn't been out much this winter. The other day, Lizzie slipped out when someone left. I didn't know it, and when I went to open the patio doors, there she was, about half way on the screen, meowing in her tiny voice. Her claws were stuck in the screen for I don't know how long. She never meows, but makes some kind of low noise that I can barely hear. She hasn't tried to slip out since then.

Offline flowers

« Reply #636 on: February 25, 2014, 12:05:30 am »

My dog used to be real bad when we first got him. Now he comes in every so often I found out if I try to get him to balance  a roll of TP on his head he leaves me alone! I also found out he is almost able to do it!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #637 on: February 25, 2014, 12:42:05 am »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #638 on: February 25, 2014, 01:05:17 am »
Great commercial!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #639 on: February 25, 2014, 06:13:20 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOeuH-iEJ8

Nothing quite as beautiful as a little bably belly laughing......    :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #640 on: February 26, 2014, 09:35:18 pm »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #641 on: February 27, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »
Dogs encounter snow for the first time.   :silly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eobkkLfv_kY&feature=player_embedded

Offline happyg

« Reply #642 on: February 27, 2014, 08:20:09 pm »
Those dogs sure like to slide. They know how to have fun, and don't have to wear a dozen layers of clothes. :silly:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #643 on: February 27, 2014, 11:21:50 pm »
Those dogs sure like to slide. They know how to have fun, and don't have to wear a dozen layers of clothes. :silly:

That was funny........... They were having a blast just like humans in the snow...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #644 on: March 01, 2014, 04:50:30 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2014, 11:33:24 pm »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2014, 12:40:21 am »
I lost my precious Daisy today. She was a rat terrier/chihuahua mix. Damn, it hurts. I am so tired of hurting.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline TheMom

« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2014, 12:49:44 am »
So sorry for you loss.  It is surprising how our critters affect our lives.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2014, 12:53:07 am »
I'm sorry, Lando.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2014, 12:55:15 am »
I lost my precious Daisy today. She was a rat terrier/chihuahua mix. Damn, it hurts. I am so tired of hurting.

So sorry to hear that, 240. I know the love we have for our pets. Just living in these times is painful. Keep in mind, we are all in this together.