Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502341 times)

Offline TheMom

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #600 on: February 12, 2014, 02:42:41 am »
This was on my 2nd cousin's Facebook page today -

Driving down the road and realize I cant find my dog... I call her name and she doesn't come?! I pulled over hoping she didn't sneak out of the car when I was loading the baby and to my SURPRISE this is what I saw...

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #601 on: February 12, 2014, 02:56:11 am »
Cute....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #602 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:43 pm »

Happily posting "redhead" pics one way or another.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #603 on: February 13, 2014, 07:40:14 pm »

Some photos from the Westminster Dog Show 2014

see the rest at:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbsp/purinaproplan/beautiful-faces-from-the-2014-westminster-dog-show

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2014, 08:38:00 pm »
Thanks for the link, DC.. love this look...........

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #605 on: February 13, 2014, 08:42:06 pm »
Afraid I'd try to steal him and take him home with me.   :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2014, 06:39:54 am »
Cat uses sign language to ask for food.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=311863725635130

Offline happyg

« Reply #607 on: February 15, 2014, 03:57:20 pm »
Cat uses sign language to ask for food.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=311863725635130

That is so cute! My cat's will pat me when they want something. Niall will meow, and if I ignore him, he smacks me hard with his paws. Lizzie doesn't meow, and that is how she communicates with me.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #608 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:44 pm »

OUTRAGEOUS!     :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #609 on: February 16, 2014, 02:16:44 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #610 on: February 16, 2014, 02:20:37 am »
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: love it!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #611 on: February 16, 2014, 10:24:38 pm »

Yosef Agmon credit

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #612 on: February 16, 2014, 10:34:00 pm »
That is a great shot.

Soooooooooooo DC............ a new cat yet???

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #613 on: February 16, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »
That is a great shot.

Soooooooooooo DC............ a new cat yet???

Ahhhhhhh........nope!       :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #614 on: February 16, 2014, 10:39:22 pm »

Ahhhhhhh........nope!       :laugh:

It's time, DC........

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #615 on: February 16, 2014, 10:41:42 pm »
It's time, DC........

Soon.......I promise.   :beer:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #616 on: February 16, 2014, 11:07:58 pm »
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/02/16/meet-the-determined-raccoon-that-cant-resist-popping-bubble-wrap/

Meet the Determined Raccoon That Can’t Resist Popping Bubble Wrap
Feb. 16, 2014 12:32pm Oliver Darcy   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guYu_Dmnc78

Offline TheMom

« Reply #617 on: February 17, 2014, 01:45:09 am »
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/02/16/meet-the-determined-raccoon-that-cant-resist-popping-bubble-wrap/

Meet the Determined Raccoon That Can’t Resist Popping Bubble Wrap
Feb. 16, 2014 12:32pm Oliver Darcy   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guYu_Dmnc78
I know just how that raccoon feels ~ bubble wrap is addicting.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline happyg

« Reply #618 on: February 17, 2014, 02:10:05 am »
I know just how that raccoon feels ~ bubble wrap is addicting.

When my son was moving, he bought a large roll of bubble wrap from U-Haul. He only used a small portion, so left it here. The grandkids, dogs, cats, and whoever feels like it, pops the bubbles all the time. I have even caught myself popping the bubbles. What a great invention!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #619 on: February 17, 2014, 02:45:25 am »
"happy Cows" Kuhrettung Rhein Berg english subtitles /

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZ1YLhIAg8

After the winter season this cow-herd (included some young children-cows, which are not jet started to give milk, and never need to, and one bull) are coming out to the open field again. At this moment, is is a few months ago, that there are saved from saughterhouse by the neigbourhood. Usually, cows are happy when they get out in spring, but these cows are happier than the avarage "milkcow" (they have no more stress in their live, from giving milk until their body is leached out, or from losing their childern) and you can feel their special happiness in the video.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
My grandparents had a dairy business in Texas. I still remember one of the cows they were taking to the slaughterhouse, it took forever to get her to go into the trailer and by then it was time for lunch so everyone stopped for lunch and she bellowed the entire time. My middle sister was so upset by this she stopped drinking milk and to this day hates milk.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #620 on: February 17, 2014, 02:50:56 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMJXn8pvcYw

Spaghetti Night -- The cockatoo feeding the dog

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #621 on: February 19, 2014, 02:01:23 am »

A Cat Returns Back Home After 1 Year In The Wilderness

Cats are not immigrant animals but they are known to be excellent in finding their way back home, they can cross a distance of more than 50 miles with difficult landscape reliefs , mountains , lakes and rivers, wild regions the same as busy roads inside big cities and succeed to regain their old homes.

Many people experienced this fact with their pet cats. Cats are much more attached to the places where they are born and grown up. They have the ability to return to places that are familiar to them and distance is not an obstacle for them when they are willing to return back home.

It was a very astonishing experience: when I traveled more than 50 miles with a cat in a box within my car trunk. This cat was not our pet but she used to live in the garden in the front yard of our house. We used to feed her regularly but she did not get into the house, except for few times. She was much more attached to my sister but she was not totally a tamed animal, she refused to be hugged of caressed except for rare times when she allowed my young sister to take her in her arms.

One day when my little sister wanted to caress her, she scratched her in the face near her left eye. Fortunately the eye was safe. I was very angry and thought of taking the cat away to a city where she can find what to eat but live away from my young sister. I knew that a distance of 5 to 6 miles means nothing for a cat to return back home. I heard of similar stories; but I had never thought of a distance of 50 miles.

http://www.viralnovelty.net/cat-returns-home-1-year-wilderness/#

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #622 on: February 19, 2014, 02:30:47 am »
wow.......  good story, DC

Offline aligncare

« Reply #623 on: February 19, 2014, 02:44:34 am »
Soon.......I promise.   :beer:

This little beauty needs a home.

Offline happyg

« Reply #624 on: February 19, 2014, 02:48:02 am »
I enjoyed the story, DC, though felt really bad for the cat. He must have been frantic to get back to familiar surroundings.  My cats are iffy, in that sometimes they like to cuddle but most times, they like to do their own thing. They are nosy, so are underfoot whenever I want to get something done.

Every night, they will lay around in the living room, but as soon as I turn off the lights and go to bed, they are right there. Both cuddle then, and Lizzie likes to nuzzle and purr, while kneading my neck. She puts her face up to it, and I can't stand it. I have to allow her to do it, or she will pester me all night to get her nuzzling time. I learn something new about them every day.