Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502258 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #550 on: January 30, 2014, 12:46:55 am »
Did anyone see that Budweiser commercial, it was quite a few years ago? It was a border collie who was doing a scene for a movie. They ask him to act upset and he tries to. The director says , no act really upset....then you see a Budweiser truck drive away out of site. The border collie starts howling and really acts upset .  I only saw it twice that year. It was great. I think the other best Budweiser commercial was the one when the horses are playing football. They kick for the field goal.  Two guys are leaning on a fence  watching and the one guy asks if they always do that? the other guy says no they usually go for 2 points.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #551 on: January 30, 2014, 01:13:44 am »
Bud always has the best commercials....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #552 on: January 30, 2014, 01:17:18 am »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #553 on: January 30, 2014, 01:21:40 am »
Did anyone see that Budweiser commercial, it was quite a few years ago? It was a border collie who was doing a scene for a movie. They ask him to act upset and he tries to. The director says , no act really upset....then you see a Budweiser truck drive away out of site. The border collie starts howling and really acts upset .  I only saw it twice that year. It was great. I think the other best Budweiser commercial was the one when the horses are playing football. They kick for the field goal.  Two guys are leaning on a fence  watching and the one guy asks if they always do that? the other guy says no they usually go for 2 points.

I don't remember those. Will have to look them up when I get (take) time.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #554 on: January 30, 2014, 02:17:20 pm »

See here?  The smaller the f-stop number, the more shallow the depth of field.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #555 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:36 pm »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2014, 03:52:27 pm »
The kitty video was a winner!  My female cat likes to knock stuff off the shelves. Last night, she scooted a 3# can of coffee off a shelf, and the lid came off. Cats are like having babies all over again.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2014, 06:14:48 pm »
 ... and we love them with almost the same patience we had with our kids.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2014, 06:38:49 pm »
The kitty video was a winner!  My female cat likes to knock stuff off the shelves. Last night, she scooted a 3# can of coffee off a shelf, and the lid came off. Cats are like having babies all over again.

Isn't it hilarious?  I think I've watched it like 10 times today.   888catbed

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2014, 06:42:30 pm »
My lady friend's cat....a Bengal...is actually quite brilliant.

In the morning....after several unsuccessful attempts to wake her up so she can be fed...will ALWAYS go straight to the nightstand and keeps batting the mini-blinds...making all kinds of crazy noises...until she relents and gets up.

Offline happyg

« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2014, 06:44:41 pm »
Isn't it hilarious?  I think I've watched it like 10 times today.   888catbed

This is one of my favorite cat videos, if not the best! Cats are fascinating to watch, unless I'm pre occupied with something else. They don't care, and will keep at whatever they are doing until they get my undivided attention. I've had to shut them in another room so I could get things done, like the other night when I was trying to pay bills, and they kept walking across the paperwork! Then they are, "damned cats"!  :laugh:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2014, 06:50:07 pm »
I have a one-year-old drives me nuts when I'm trying to get work done at my desk. The young ones are like that. However, once they mature a bit then they're too busy sleeping to bug you.

Offline happyg

« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2014, 06:56:42 pm »
I have a one-year-old drives me nuts when I'm trying to get work done at my desk. The young ones are like that. However, once they mature a bit then they're too busy sleeping to bug you.

'I hope you are right. Lizzie is so nosy and has to see everything. I learned two important things to keep them alive. Check the washer before you start it, as well as the dryer. Niall almost died twice!

Offline happyg

« Reply #565 on: February 01, 2014, 12:52:16 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #566 on: February 01, 2014, 03:18:05 am »
ABC took it down before I could watch it here - I found another copy here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J-wNkeESTI

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2014, 04:03:31 am »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 04:04:51 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #568 on: February 01, 2014, 04:11:10 am »
Remember the puppy bowl is this Sunday on Hallmark Channel.

Offline flowers

« Reply #569 on: February 01, 2014, 04:38:06 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #570 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:48 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #571 on: February 03, 2014, 03:51:16 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2014, 08:52:19 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #573 on: February 04, 2014, 04:03:05 am »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #574 on: February 04, 2014, 04:14:31 am »

Some years ago, I was deer hunting in the north woods of Wisconsin.  Fresh snow was falling, no wind, no sound.  I was sitting quietly just enjoying the moment and watching for movement.  Suddenly, one of those beautiful owls flew directly overhead from behind me just under the canopy of snow covered branches.  It was totally and absolutely silent.  A gift.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck